Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: UMHS Receives Full St. Kitts Accreditation

  1. #1
    UMHS Official's Avatar
    UMHS Official is offline School Official 514 points
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    St. Kitts
    Posts
    61
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    UMHS Receives Full St. Kitts Accreditation

    Advertisements



    It is our distinct pleasure to announce that, following an extensive and comprehensive evaluation, the Accreditation Board of St. Kitts/Nevis has awarded a five year “Full Accreditation” status to the University of Medicine and Health Sciences.

    The Accreditation Board of St. Kitts/Nevis uses clearly defined standards for accreditation to evaluate medical education programs, including areas of organization, physical facilities and equipment, clinical resources, library and information resources, programs and curriculum, admissions policies, faculty qualifications, and research programs. We’re very proud of the fact that UMHS has been awarded full accreditation. This means that the Accrediting Board recognizes our University is meeting or exceeding all the standards required for educating physicians. These high standards are quite comprehensive and are put in place to ensure that UMHS graduates receive the training needed to protect and preserve human health.
    The site visit team examines all aspects of the University that relates to medical student instruction. They conduct extensive interviews of faculty, staff and students, and evaluate the program to determine that our students are receiving the best professional medical training possible.
    The entire community pulled together to demonstrate our commitment to educating tomorrow’s physicians. The site team members were impressed by our dedication and collegiality, and recommended full accreditation.

    "I want to express my appreciation to the faculty and student body for their accomplishments allowing UMHS to achieve a high level of academic success resulting in the Full Accreditation status." ~Warren Ross (President)
    Built in the tradition of the best US universities, the Hidden Content focuses on individual student attention, maintaining small class sizes and recruiting high-quality faculty. We call this unique approach, “personalized medical education,” and it’s what has led to our unprecedented 96% student retention rate, and outstanding Hidden Content across the US and Canada. UMHS is challenging everything you thought you knew about Caribbean medical schools.

  2. #2
    harry77 is offline Junior Member 511 points
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25
    Downloads
    22
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What's the plan for applying for state approvals? Any update on Atlanta approval? When do you expect to apply for New York approval?

  3. #3
    UMHS Official's Avatar
    UMHS Official is offline School Official 514 points
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    St. Kitts
    Posts
    61
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harry77 View Post
    What's the plan for applying for state approvals? Any update on Atlanta approval? When do you expect to apply for New York approval?
    We're currently waiting to have our GA site visit. After that, we'll apply for ACCM then NCFMEA (probably mid 2013). As soon as we have NCFMEA, we'll go for FL approval, hopefully sometime in the latter half of 2013. We'll apply for NY after getting FL approval; probably early - mid 2014.
    Built in the tradition of the best US universities, the Hidden Content focuses on individual student attention, maintaining small class sizes and recruiting high-quality faculty. We call this unique approach, “personalized medical education,” and it’s what has led to our unprecedented 96% student retention rate, and outstanding Hidden Content across the US and Canada. UMHS is challenging everything you thought you knew about Caribbean medical schools.

  4. #4
    medman is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    91
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UMHS Official View Post
    It is our distinct pleasure to announce that, following an extensive and comprehensive evaluation, the Accreditation Board of St. Kitts/Nevis has awarded a five year “Full Accreditation” status to the University of Medicine and Health Sciences.

    The Accreditation Board of St. Kitts/Nevis uses clearly defined standards for accreditation to evaluate medical education programs, including areas of organization, physical facilities and equipment, clinical resources, library and information resources, programs and curriculum, admissions policies, faculty qualifications, and research programs. We’re very proud of the fact that UMHS has been awarded full accreditation. This means that the Accrediting Board recognizes our University is meeting or exceeding all the standards required for educating physicians. These high standards are quite comprehensive and are put in place to ensure that UMHS graduates receive the training needed to protect and preserve human health.
    The site visit team examines all aspects of the University that relates to medical student instruction. They conduct extensive interviews of faculty, staff and students, and evaluate the program to determine that our students are receiving the best professional medical training possible.
    The entire community pulled together to demonstrate our commitment to educating tomorrow’s physicians. The site team members were impressed by our dedication and collegiality, and recommended full accreditation.

    "I want to express my appreciation to the faculty and student body for their accomplishments allowing UMHS to achieve a high level of academic success resulting in the Full Accreditation status." ~Warren Ross (President)
    This is certainly not to be taken lightly, congratulations UMHS.
    UMHS Official likes this.

  5. #5
    UMHS Official's Avatar
    UMHS Official is offline School Official 514 points
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    St. Kitts
    Posts
    61
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by medman View Post
    This is certainly not to be taken lightly, congratulations UMHS.
    Thank you!
    Built in the tradition of the best US universities, the Hidden Content focuses on individual student attention, maintaining small class sizes and recruiting high-quality faculty. We call this unique approach, “personalized medical education,” and it’s what has led to our unprecedented 96% student retention rate, and outstanding Hidden Content across the US and Canada. UMHS is challenging everything you thought you knew about Caribbean medical schools.

  6. #6
    Rosi2 is offline Member 526 points
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    108
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UMHS Official View Post
    We're currently waiting to have our GA site visit. After that, we'll apply for ACCM then NCFMEA (probably mid 2013). As soon as we have NCFMEA, we'll go for FL approval, hopefully sometime in the latter half of 2013. We'll apply for NY after getting FL approval; probably early - mid 2014.
    First Congratulation!! Not surprised though as I have been on your campus (beautiful campus) and spoke to several professors while on St. Kitts and I must say UMHS has always exceeded expectations.

    Second, what exactly is GA approval for?

  7. #7
    UMHS Official's Avatar
    UMHS Official is offline School Official 514 points
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    St. Kitts
    Posts
    61
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosi2 View Post
    First Congratulation!! Not surprised though as I have been on your campus (beautiful campus) and spoke to several professors while on St. Kitts and I must say UMHS has always exceeded expectations.

    Second, what exactly is GA approval for?
    Thanks Rosi2, glad you had a positive experience with our campus and faculty.

    Georgia is now going to have it's own process for approving foreign medical schools (like NY, FL, etc.). Since we have a large clinical presence in Georgia, and many relationships within the healthcare system there, we decided to place our application right away. We'll be the first Caribbean school to sit for GA approval. It's not known what the exact provisions of the approval will be yet. However, gaining any state approval signifies a major milestone and helps to add credibility to the school. We're hoping that it will also increase the likelihood that our graduates can gain residency/licensure in that state.
    Built in the tradition of the best US universities, the Hidden Content focuses on individual student attention, maintaining small class sizes and recruiting high-quality faculty. We call this unique approach, “personalized medical education,” and it’s what has led to our unprecedented 96% student retention rate, and outstanding Hidden Content across the US and Canada. UMHS is challenging everything you thought you knew about Caribbean medical schools.

  8. #8
    siheg's Avatar
    siheg is offline Elite Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,248
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UMHS Official View Post
    Thanks Rosi2, glad you had a positive experience with our campus and faculty.

    Georgia is now going to have it's own process for approving foreign medical schools (like NY, FL, etc.). Since we have a large clinical presence in Georgia, and many relationships within the healthcare system there, we decided to place our application right away. We'll be the first Caribbean school to sit for GA approval. It's not known what the exact provisions of the approval will be yet. However, gaining any state approval signifies a major milestone and helps to add credibility to the school. We're hoping that it will also increase the likelihood that our graduates can gain residency/licensure in that state.
    Can you provide a link or more information on the Georgia accreditation?
    Center For Kids Who Can't Read Good: https://Hidden Content google_ad_section_end -->

  9. #9
    UMHS Official's Avatar
    UMHS Official is offline School Official 514 points
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    St. Kitts
    Posts
    61
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by siheg View Post
    Can you provide a link or more information on the Georgia accreditation?
    Unfortunately that's pretty much the extent of my knowledge about the GA approval. I tried to find information online about it but it doesn't look like much is published yet. Our Vice President, Dr. Jerry Thornton is our accreditation/approval expert, you can try shooting him an email. jthornton @ umhs-sk.net (without the spaces, can't post emails yet)

    Let me know if you're able to find more information. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
    Built in the tradition of the best US universities, the Hidden Content focuses on individual student attention, maintaining small class sizes and recruiting high-quality faculty. We call this unique approach, “personalized medical education,” and it’s what has led to our unprecedented 96% student retention rate, and outstanding Hidden Content across the US and Canada. UMHS is challenging everything you thought you knew about Caribbean medical schools.

  10. #10
    harry77 is offline Junior Member 511 points
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25
    Downloads
    22
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    UMHS official, can you provide update on GA approval. Also, are FL & NY plans still the same?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Address of UMHS in St. Kitts
    By joemqc in forum University of Medicine and Health Sciences (UMHS)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-30-2013, 02:58 AM
  2. St. kitts Accreditation Board
    By azskeptic in forum Main Foreign Medical Schools Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-13-2012, 02:44 AM
  3. SGU Receives AVMA Accreditation
    By sisyphus in forum SGU Veterinary School
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-21-2011, 10:22 PM
  4. Ross gains full accreditation from CAAM
    By azskeptic in forum State Medical Licensing Information
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-26-2009, 08:57 AM
  5. New Medical School in St Kitts gets immediate accreditation
    By azskeptic in forum Main Foreign Medical Schools Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 02-05-2009, 10:24 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •