Sponsored Links
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Badtz is offline Member 512 points
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    100
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mailing address for meds

    Advertisements



    Where do I send my medications? and where do I pick it up? I am planning to use USPS

  2. #2
    UMHS's Avatar
    UMHS is offline School Official 522 points
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    University of Medicine & Health Sciences
    Posts
    825
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Images
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The government of St. Kitts does not allow persons to send prescription drugs through the mail or by courier. You should bring them with you and you should bring the largest supply that you can. If, while you are on St. Kitts, you need to refill your prescription, you will need to contact a physician here. If the drug is available locally, it will be filled by a local pharmacy. If not, the physician will assist you in sending medications from the states to a local pharmacy. The University can assist in recommending a physician familiar with this process.

  3. #3
    Badtz is offline Member 512 points
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    100
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UMHS View Post
    The government of St. Kitts does not allow persons to send prescription drugs through the mail or by courier. You should bring them with you and you should bring the largest supply that you can. If, while you are on St. Kitts, you need to refill your prescription, you will need to contact a physician here. If the drug is available locally, it will be filled by a local pharmacy. If not, the physician will assist you in sending medications from the states to a local pharmacy. The University can assist in recommending a physician familiar with this process.
    So my medication would be confiscated at the post office?

  4. #4
    UMHS's Avatar
    UMHS is offline School Official 522 points
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    University of Medicine & Health Sciences
    Posts
    825
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Images
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ...or at a courier service if you use that instead. Yes, they will be confiscated.

  5. #5
    N-ToDeep's Avatar
    N-ToDeep is offline Junior Member 512 points
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wouldn't You Like To Know..?
    Posts
    76
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Smuggle it in. When you're at that run down airport just tell the security people that you're with "Ross" and they wont even check your bag. They'll let you go rite through. They think you're with Ross vet. They don't even know who UMHS is. HAHAHA - imagine that. Islanders don't even know about the school much less the USA...



    Quote Originally Posted by Badtz View Post
    Where do I send my medications? and where do I pick it up? I am planning to use USPS
    Forgive Me, I'm A Realist....

  6. #6
    gx255's Avatar
    gx255 is offline Senior Member 517 points
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Crypts of Lieberkuhn
    Posts
    1,065
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    1
    Images
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    When you come to the island make sure you bring enough to last the time period you're here.
    UMHS

  7. #7
    N-ToDeep's Avatar
    N-ToDeep is offline Junior Member 512 points
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wouldn't You Like To Know..?
    Posts
    76
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes GX that would be a very smart thing to do. But haven't you wondered if the OP has considered this? I mean really, wouldn't you bring enough meds to last 4 months...? Again, they'll let anyone in as long as you can pay tuition.... Its a business, checks and balances = INCOME..!!



    Quote Originally Posted by gx255 View Post
    When you come to the island make sure you bring enough to last the time period you're here.
    Forgive Me, I'm A Realist....

Similar Threads

  1. AUA Mailing Address
    By Marsh18 in forum American University of Antigua (AUA)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-20-2009, 12:26 AM
  2. Mailing Address???
    By Arkie, M.D. in forum American University of Antigua (AUA)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 02:24 PM
  3. Mailing Address
    By wes431 in forum American University of the Caribbean (AUC)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-13-2008, 03:12 PM
  4. Mailing Address
    By MinnesotaMed in forum Saba University School of Medicine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-09-2006, 04:23 PM
  5. U.S. Mailing Address!!!
    By js_paramedic_1979 in forum Saba University School of Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-16-2004, 11:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •