Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29
  1. #1
    medboy11 is offline Newbie 510 points
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Newbies stay away from "UNIBE"

    Advertisements



    If your considering transferring or applying to unibe the best advice would be to refrain from doing so. The bottom line about unibe isnt that its a horrible school or So much that dominican republic isnt safe but merely because of the schools so called faculty..The school and ALL of its professors (especially pre-med) are HORRIBLE..teaching isnt something they know how to do.you better be prepared to know all the course work before entering,and if you ask to many questions the professors think your being disrespectful...its amazing how the dominican system works...Im sure theres plenty of these stories on this forum i havnt read them yet but its just sad..oh yeah and how can i forget the discrimination that goes on with the faculty...Basically its like this if you arent dominican or dont speak spanish you will experience some form of bigotry..especially from your profs...Your probably wondering how i know all this information..well i was a former student at unibe till i learned the hard way.I transfered out right away i just regret spending the money i did when i was there.....REFRAIN FROM DR...thats the best advice i can give anyone...

  2. #2
    losackmd is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    293
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    it always takes 2 to tango in any situation. I have read your attack on the DR. I question what type of individual you are to perceive things the way you do. You are defaming a country & its medical education system that has helped ( not spoon feed or cuddle I agree ) hundreds if not thousands of very ambitious, disciplined, tolerant, open minded, young men and woman to become Medical Doctors and fluent in Spanish in the USA. Your entire post is filled with fallacies and over generalized aspersions that it should not be taken seriously. I hear your anger and need to heal yourself by demeaning the DR but this is your side of the story.
    You should read the advice on the forums.
    You should know that the school really in the end as long as it is WHO accredited does not matter. That MD will come to those
    in any school who work hard and that LICENSE will come to those who study for it in spite of/whichever the university they are in.
    I wonder if you will try to hand pick your residency, whereby you could easily end up with a PGY2 /3/4 who graduated from the DR and is YOUR
    immediate boss. How would that grab ya?

  3. #3
    DRJJ1 is offline Permanently Banned 510 points
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    398
    Downloads
    9
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    dudeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

    Quote Originally Posted by losackmd View Post
    it always takes 2 to tango in any situation. I have read your attack on the DR. I question what type of individual you are to perceive things the way you do. You are defaming a country & its medical education system that has helped ( not spoon feed or cuddle I agree ) hundreds if not thousands of very ambitious, disciplined, tolerant, open minded, young men and woman to become Medical Doctors and fluent in Spanish in the USA. Your entire post is filled with fallacies and over generalized aspersions that it should not be taken seriously. I hear your anger and need to heal yourself by demeaning the DR but this is your side of the story.
    You should read the advice on the forums.
    You should know that the school really in the end as long as it is WHO accredited does not matter. That MD will come to those
    in any school who work hard and that LICENSE will come to those who study for it in spite of/whichever the university they are in.
    I wonder if you will try to hand pick your residency, whereby you could easily end up with a PGY2 /3/4 who graduated from the DR and is YOUR
    immediate boss. How would that grab ya?

    The guy said he was a student there and he had to get out because of what happened whats so hard to believe or not to believe, it can happen as it happens right here in the good ole USA...let it be already

  4. #4
    medboy11 is offline Newbie 510 points
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I can understand how would like to defend the d.r and the school ,im sure theres a possiblity your hired by the school to be on this forum just to attack any critism made by anyone, BUT you fail to understand that i wasnt attacking the country i was merely voiceing my ( and many many MANY other students who have or attend UNIBE) opinion about the FACULTY, and im sure you can go anywhere and succeed just like how you mentioned but there are so many other schools out there that are WHO certified .Thats the beauty of it , why would one want to come to UNIBE and be subjected to years of prejudice and bias by the PRO dominican professors who by the way try to fail students on purpose just so the school can make money.Its sad because the international students are the ones that work hard yet thier the ones failing while the dominican students dont do or make half the grades the international students get. That was the point i was trying to make..So to all you students considering UNIBE "think again before making your decision".

  5. #5
    estudiante is offline Junior Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    32
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by medboy11 View Post
    I can understand how would like to defend the d.r and the school ,im sure theres a possiblity your hired by the school to be on this forum just to attack any critism made by anyone, BUT you fail to understand that i wasnt attacking the country i was merely voiceing my ( and many many MANY other students who have or attend UNIBE) opinion about the FACULTY, and im sure you can go anywhere and succeed just like how you mentioned but there are so many other schools out there that are WHO certified .Thats the beauty of it , why would one want to come to UNIBE and be subjected to years of prejudice and bias by the PRO dominican professors who by the way try to fail students on purpose just so the school can make money.Its sad because the international students are the ones that work hard yet thier the ones failing while the dominican students dont do or make half the grades the international students get. That was the point i was trying to make..So to all you students considering UNIBE "think again before making your decision".


    For sure he is not hired by ANY school. he is a psychiatrist UCE grad licensed for MANY years in the USA.

    Ido recall some not so lovable teachers in SD, as I very clearly recall very unlovale attendings in the USA that treated me/us like crap because they didn't like non USMG's. The great attendings more than made up for those insecure ones.

    I recall one attending when i was an intern (USA) that took my writeup before I was to present the case. This after notsleeping 24 hours and 10+ very sick admissions and scut work at an inner city hospital. The guy was a short, non muscular, non lady killer, non worldy/non sophisticated man with a Napoleon complex who only spoke a single language, English. But as a legend in his own mind, a USMG like the horse with blinds, only capable of seeing in one direction. I am sure he did well on exams and boards, if on nothing else in life.

    Anyway, exhausted after sleep deprivation and numerous admissions, devoid of my writeups, he'd say "good doctors dont need paper" Then he expected us to spit out all the lab results for each admission. Sure, if good docs dont need paper than why does he himself write notes in charts and consults? It is no use posting some of the words to describe him as the forum would censor it.

    That was a terrible time for me and I suffered emotionally and physically, already in a residency program after having endured the learning and exams.

    Going through that was unnecessary and did not help me grow in my profession, but it did make me grateful for who I am and what I achieved.

    In life there always will be nasty people in any job/school/ etc. Coexist and flush them down the toilet(spiritually) after work.

    More recently I must deal with an alcoholic surgeon that curses me out with 4 letter words when I call him about HIS own patients in the ED.

    Sorry about your negative experience at uNIBE. Rest assured you are not alone nor unique as there are many with both negative and positive experiences there. I visited their campus once and it looked pretty nice.
    Last edited by estudiante; 10-07-2006 at 03:20 PM.

  6. #6
    DOMIERICAN's Avatar
    DOMIERICAN is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    58
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Medboy-

    I think that leaving UNIBE was a great choice. Afterall, when there are too many people in the library it get really hot up there. So thanks for taking one for the team!

  7. #7
    IMG SURVIVOR's Avatar
    IMG SURVIVOR is offline Moderator 536 points
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    5,842
    Downloads
    43
    Uploads
    0
    Blog Entries
    29
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I tought unibe had AC?

    but what do I know about sarcasm
    Moderator: USMLE AND Residency Forums.

    Hidden Content
    why even bother with the obvious. Just know where you are need it and where you can help the most.

  8. #8
    DOMIERICAN's Avatar
    DOMIERICAN is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    58
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    UNIBE has GREAT A/C. I was just trying to say (sarcastically) that one person that doesn't want to be there just makes the library warmer( body heat)!

  9. #9
    medboy11 is offline Newbie 510 points
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I BEG TO DIFFER...There school A/C's are good when they have electricity...and with one less person wouldnt that make the place cooler???

  10. #10
    IMG SURVIVOR's Avatar
    IMG SURVIVOR is offline Moderator 536 points
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    5,842
    Downloads
    43
    Uploads
    0
    Blog Entries
    29
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by medboy11 View Post
    I BEG TO DIFFER...There school A/C's are good when they have electricity...and with one less person wouldnt that make the place cooler???
    HAAAAAAAAA the old good days in DR, when you did not knew when you had electricity and had to study under una lampara de gas(gas lamp?) but those are the things that make you stronger.

    Yes I know that UNIBE has electrical plant and things are much much better in the DR, since the 90's my era and not to mention the 70's and 80's that was more tough in a way.

    but at the end your scores in the USMLE and your attitude is what will make the difference
    Moderator: USMLE AND Residency Forums.

    Hidden Content
    why even bother with the obvious. Just know where you are need it and where you can help the most.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. "Non-Traditionals" at UNIBE?
    By saiougauma in forum UNIBE and Dominican Medical Schools
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-21-2009, 09:20 AM
  2. All these "newbies" posting at once.
    By InterestedMedStudent in forum International American University (IAU)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-03-2008, 03:12 PM
  3. "Cost U Less" - New "CostCo-Style" Store Opening Across The Street From SMU Campus
    By The Big Dance Is Coming in forum St. Matthews University School of Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-08-2007, 12:38 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-17-2006, 01:34 PM
  5. Question About "GETTING STARTED AT UNIBE"
    By abarbaryan in forum UNIBE and Dominican Medical Schools
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-07-2005, 07:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •