Sponsored Links
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SGUL UNic Administration
  • 1 Post By cbkoc

Thread: Match results?

  1. #1
    TSMTHROWS is offline Newbie 510 points
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    5
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Match results?

    Advertisements



    Can anyone share some results from match day? How did SGUL students do?

  2. #2
    SGUL UNic Administration's Avatar
    SGUL UNic Administration is offline School Official 528 points
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    SGUL Univ of Nicosia Medical School
    Posts
    73
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TSMTHROWS View Post
    Can anyone share some results from match day? How did SGUL students do?
    We have an 89% match rate across the US and Canada; in addition, 97% of students applying to the UK Foundation Programme (the equivalent of a residency) have secured a place, with the remainder on the reserve list.
    Tipton likes this.

  3. #3
    TSMTHROWS is offline Newbie 510 points
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    5
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the response, I saw this in another thread and was wondering if it had any factual basis?

    "4) 55-60% of current 3rd year students failed their step 1."

  4. #4
    TSMTHROWS is offline Newbie 510 points
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    5
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Also what programs did the students match at?

  5. #5
    SGUL UNic Administration's Avatar
    SGUL UNic Administration is offline School Official 528 points
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    SGUL Univ of Nicosia Medical School
    Posts
    73
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TSMTHROWS View Post
    Thanks for the response, I saw this in another thread and was wondering if it had any factual basis?

    "4) 55-60% of current 3rd year students failed their step 1."
    The numbers from that cohort taking USMLE Step 1 have been relatively small, and any details could compromise their privacy. The same applies to specifics about the programs to which students just matched. However, prospective students with questions about their career prospects can contact our career advisor (chrysostomou.su@unic.ac.cy) who can provide detailed guidance and reassurance about how all of the Medical School’s graduates secured employment in their country of choice as well as the support provided to the current graduating class, which includes many North American students, in the residency application process. Our career advisor can also provide reassurance about the success of our students in the USMLE Step 1 examination.

  6. #6
    TSMTHROWS is offline Newbie 510 points
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    5
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGUL UNic Administration View Post
    The numbers from that cohort taking USMLE Step 1 have been relatively small, and any details could compromise their privacy. The same applies to specifics about the programs to which students just matched. However, prospective students with questions about their career prospects can contact our career advisor (chrysostomou.su@unic.ac.cy) who can provide detailed guidance and reassurance about how all of the Medical School’s graduates secured employment in their country of choice as well as the support provided to the current graduating class, which includes many North American students, in the residency application process. Our career advisor can also provide reassurance about the success of our students in the USMLE Step 1 examination.
    Assurances only go so far when I am searching for a proper medical school to attend. Other medical schools have no issues with posting their match results (with the student name omitted) and their average USMLE scores for that year. Emailing and receiving reassurance of the USMLE step 1 scores, without actual numbers or data, doesn't exactly put my mind at ease.

  7. #7
    fightorflight is offline Junior Member 523 points
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    73
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Agreed. It's disingenuous to say that 60% of current third years who attempted step 1 failed step 1, but that they're a "small sample size," but then throw out percentages of students successfully matching in the US, which is also a small sample size. If you're in third year but haven't passed the Step 1 yet, then you're not likely to be on time for next years match. Ergo, the sample should be complete with a publishable percentage or it is incomplete suggesting future problems. Also, current students matching this year had a very different experience from current 3rd years. Past results do not predict future ones for this and other reasons.

  8. #8
    cbkoc is offline Newbie 512 points
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    9
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm wondering if the numbers have changed since last year?
    Spectre likes this.

  9. #9
    Spectre is offline Junior Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    22
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would like to know the answer to this as well!

  10. #10
    SGUL UNic Administration's Avatar
    SGUL UNic Administration is offline School Official 528 points
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    SGUL Univ of Nicosia Medical School
    Posts
    73
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    I would like to know the answer to this as well!
    Match results will be out in March, so please check back with us in a couple of months.

Similar Threads

  1. Match results?
    By jsb411 in forum Windsor University School of Medicine
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 04:53 PM
  2. Match results?
    By PAPADOC2B in forum St. James Medical School
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-21-2007, 08:18 AM
  3. USE match results?
    By billydoc in forum American University of Integrative Sciences (AUIS)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-25-2007, 10:09 PM
  4. 2004 Match Results: Where did you match?
    By DrLeopardshark in forum Ross University School of Medicine
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-09-2004, 05:52 PM
  5. match results
    By dr.smurf in forum American University of the Caribbean (AUC)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-18-2004, 07:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •