Sponsored Links
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Loans

  1. #1
    RobOman is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    168
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Loans

    Advertisements



    I recently noticed these paragraphs in the Tuition & Fees subsection of the St. Chris website:

    Students entering their first semester of attendance at St. Christopher Iba Mar Diop College of Medicine will be given consideration to apply for 60% of the Maximum Annual Loan amount and after the start of the student's second semester of study, be considered to apply for the remaining 40% of the balance.

    Students will be assessed a late fee of $200.00 for tuition not paid on or before the first Friday of scheduled classes. This will not apply if the Financial Aid department has already certified the student's loan application and therefore the loan is pending.
    Does this mean the school has managed to secure educational loans for its students/educational loans will be available in the not-too-distant-future? We actually have a financial aid department again?
    Last edited by RobOman; 02-16-2010 at 10:46 AM.

  2. #2
    SCIMD Official's Avatar
    SCIMD Official is offline School Official 510 points
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    St. Christopher Iba Mar Diop
    Posts
    127
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As far as I am aware this isn't anything new, but i will ask.

    The road block i hit with trying to set up loans with most places is that the financial institutions or lenders that I've approached only give round about answers to weither or not the school "would be approved"

    Most places have said that "we can't give a definite approval or decline until a student goes through the entire application"
    Administration
    St. Christopher Iba Mar Diop College of Medicine
    Providing study in French and English
    Hidden Content

    Please PM for any questions that you do not wish to post on the open forum, or any additional information that that you cannot find using the search feature of the forum or on the above website.
    Responses can be in French (i'm about 75% fluent, a little rusty for now) or English.

  3. #3
    RobOman is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    168
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Feel free to PM me these banks, I'll give it a shot. I don't have anything to lose at this point.

  4. #4
    SCIMD Official's Avatar
    SCIMD Official is offline School Official 510 points
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    St. Christopher Iba Mar Diop
    Posts
    127
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That part of the website was incorrect and should be corrected soon. I have confirmed with the higher ups that there are no new loan programs at this moment.
    Administration
    St. Christopher Iba Mar Diop College of Medicine
    Providing study in French and English
    Hidden Content

    Please PM for any questions that you do not wish to post on the open forum, or any additional information that that you cannot find using the search feature of the forum or on the above website.
    Responses can be in French (i'm about 75% fluent, a little rusty for now) or English.

  5. #5
    RobOman is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    168
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That's rather disappointing.

Similar Threads

  1. AUA (private loans) vs. SGU/Ross (Federal loans) total cost?
    By WilliamsEph97 in forum American University of Antigua (AUA)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-06-2009, 12:05 PM
  2. no more loans?
    By sweetmia81 in forum American University of Integrative Sciences (AUIS)
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 08-10-2008, 05:56 PM
  3. Stafford loans vs. TERI/Healthxpress loans
    By pedsurgery in forum St. Matthews University School of Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-03-2006, 10:10 PM
  4. UK loans and Mortgages loans UK
    By loansnmortgages in forum Financial Aid Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-30-2006, 04:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •