Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 244
  1. #1
    Junito's Avatar
    Junito is offline Super Moderator 512 points
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    7,216
    Downloads
    11
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Wyckoff Heights Medical Center (NYC)

    Advertisements



    Residency: Family Practice, Internal Medicine

    Clinical Rotations:

    Surgery
    (Participating hospital for St. John's Queens Hospital Surg Residency Program)

    Internal Medicine

    Pediatrics
    (Participating hospital for Brooklyn Hospital Peds Residency Program)

    OB/GYN (Participating hospital for St. John's Queens Hospital OB/GYN Residency program)


    Family Practice


    Website: Wyckoff Heights Medical Center

    Train Stop in NYC: Dekalb avenue on the "L" line.


    Available Electives at Wyckoff: Medical Student Clerkships

    MEDICINE
    AMB MED (2/4)
    CARDIOLOGY (2/4)
    ENDOCRIN (2/4)
    GERIATRICS (2/4)
    HEM/ONC (2/4)
    GI (2/4)
    ID (3/4)
    NEPHROLOGY (4)
    PULMONARY ICU (4)
    SUB-INTERNSHIP (4)
    PHYSICAL MED AND REHAB

    OB/GYN
    SUB-INTERNSHIP (4)
    GYN SURGERY (2/4)
    MATERNAL FETAL MED


    PEDIATRICS (weeks)
    NEO/NICU (2/4)
    PEDS E.R. (2/4)
    SUB-INTERNSHIP (4)

    FAMILY PRACTICE
    SUB-INTERNSHIP (4)
    PREVENTIVE MEDICINE (4)


    SURGERY
    CARDIO-THORACIC (4)
    E.N.T. (4)
    PLASTIC (4)
    VASCULAR(4)

    FREE ELECTIVES
    ADULT E.R. (2/4)
    ANESTHESIOLOGY (2/4)
    NEUROLOGY (2/4)
    PAIN MANAGEMENT (2/4)
    PATHOLOGY (4)
    RADIOLOGY (2/4)
    Last edited by Junito; 10-06-2006 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Updating information
    Juni

  2. #2
    Banker794 is offline Permanently Banned 510 points
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    813
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Anyone aware of how many spots are available each semester for SMU students here?

  3. #3
    singer is offline Elite Member 511 points
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,673
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    what a website

    Quote Originally Posted by juni711
    Residency: Family Practice, Internal Medicine (through NY Methodist)

    Clinical Rotations: Surgery, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, OB/GYN, Family Practice

    Website: http://www.wyckoffhospital.org/
    Wow:

    Wyckoff has been updating its website for over a year now.
    Wonder if they will ever get a website that works
    When you become my age you will realize all of the hard work and studying was worth the effort.
    "60 years young" another 60 to go if my doctor sons keep me alive with free prescriptions!!

  4. #4
    swimguy23's Avatar
    swimguy23 is offline Elite Member 516 points
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,923
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by singer
    Wow:

    Wyckoff has been updating its website for over a year now.
    Wonder if they will ever get a website that works
    for some reason it works on the hospital server but not public domain
    Hospitalist 2011-2012
    Hematology/Oncology 2012-2015

    some swimmer from Ct Hidden Content
    the problem with the gene pool is that there are too many lifeguards.....and we have been offering swimmies

  5. #5
    ameht02 is offline Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Wykoff Heights - Family Practice

    6 weeks total. (counts for 4 weeks of core / 2 week of elective)
    2 weeks Inpatient M-F (including national holidays). 1 24hour saturday night call... (including holidays like New Years eve )
    2 weeks Outpatient - M-F at the 2 clinics. 1 saturday clinic call day.
    1 week Nights - 3 nights of the week - on from 5:30pm - 7:00am
    1 week Preventative Medicine. -- Mon- Sat. Involves patient education, community coach 2 days, and Needle exchange community van (1 night from 6:00pm-11:00pm) and 1 Screening topic presentation (ex. osteoporosis screening, ETOH screening, Breast Ca Screening).

    LOTS and LOTS of scut work. Be prepared to work harder than on your Internal Medicine rotation.. much harder. Don't be foolded by the "Family Practice" title.
    Last edited by ameht02; 01-14-2006 at 10:31 AM.

  6. #6
    swimguy23's Avatar
    swimguy23 is offline Elite Member 516 points
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,923
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ameht02
    6 weeks total. (counts for 4 weeks of core / 2 week of elective)
    2 weeks Inpatient M-F (including national holidays). 1 24hour saturday night call... (including holidays like New Years eve )
    2 weeks Outpatient - M-F at the 2 clinics. 1 saturday clinic call day.
    1 week Nights - 3 nights of the week - on from 5:30pm - 7:00am
    1 week Preventative Medicine. -- Mon- Sat. Involves patient education, community coach 2 days, and Needle exchange community van (1 night from 6:00pm-11:00pm) and 1 Screening topic presentation (ex. osteoporosis screening, ETOH screening, Breast Ca Screening).

    LOTS and LOTS of scut work. Be prepared to work harder than on your Internal Medicine rotation.. much harder. Don't be foolded by the "Family Practice" title.
    thats weird, i find barely any scut work. I dont see how checking up on your assigned patients, ordering the labs, following the results, doign the H&Ps is scut work......i find a lot of free time during the day which is annoying.Like inpatient you come in at 7 and then have until 10:30 to see your patients, write your notes, etc.....that takes me 30 mins at the most. Then you round, lunch, wait around, lectures or whatever else and then youre done at 5. 1 intern tried to scut me but i said no and there have been no other issues
    Hospitalist 2011-2012
    Hematology/Oncology 2012-2015

    some swimmer from Ct Hidden Content
    the problem with the gene pool is that there are too many lifeguards.....and we have been offering swimmies

  7. #7
    MD999 is offline Senior Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    669
    Downloads
    16
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swimguy23
    . 1 intern tried to scut me but i said no and there have been no other issues
    Good stuff!! But how did you say no? For some reason I thought we're at the bottom of the totem pole, or is it that we only do what our preceptors advise us to do? Who CANT we normally say no to?
    I just wanna make sure so I'm not booted out of some rotation for telling some intern that I'm not his slave.

  8. #8
    swimguy23's Avatar
    swimguy23 is offline Elite Member 516 points
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,923
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MD999
    Good stuff!! But how did you say no? For some reason I thought we're at the bottom of the totem pole, or is it that we only do what our preceptors advise us to do? Who CANT we normally say no to?
    I just wanna make sure so I'm not booted out of some rotation for telling some intern that I'm not his slave.
    to be completely honest, i looked at him and said "no", it works with my personality tho.....then another time he asked me to get some labs for 1 patient but i was already done with that patient and was working on another so i told him "i finished all my work with that patient and now im doin work on this other pt, i will go back and do what you want later".....There are some interns i would never consider saying no to.....but if one specifically tries to scut me out all the time then yeh i will say something. I woud say no to interns.....PGY2 or PGY3's would really have to scut me big time, but i have not had a problem yet with them, most are happy if youre competent and demonstrate that and seem to be happier teaching you. I would never say no to an attending.....as for interns, if youre going to say no you need to have a reason. If youre sitting around doing nothing and have nothing else to do then it looks really bad if you say no. If an intern asks you to run to radiology and get a preliminary report on a pt and you say no bc you are about to go assist/perform a pericentesis, then a femoral line, followed by a complete respiratory exam on the pneumonia pt to learn how to hear and percuss consolidation then if they gave you problems they would prob get crap from their resident or attending for scutting you when you had better learning opportunities.....that is at least what i have noticed.....just dont become one of those students i look at an say "tool".....you know the ones im talkin about
    Hospitalist 2011-2012
    Hematology/Oncology 2012-2015

    some swimmer from Ct Hidden Content
    the problem with the gene pool is that there are too many lifeguards.....and we have been offering swimmies

  9. #9
    MD999 is offline Senior Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    669
    Downloads
    16
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swimguy23
    to be completely honest, i looked at him and said "no", it works with my personality tho.....then another time he asked me to get some labs for 1 patient but i was already done with that patient and was working on another so i told him "i finished all my work with that patient and now im doin work on this other pt, i will go back and do what you want later".....There are some interns i would never consider saying no to.....but if one specifically tries to scut me out all the time then yeh i will say something. I woud say no to interns.....PGY2 or PGY3's would really have to scut me big time, but i have not had a problem yet with them, most are happy if youre competent and demonstrate that and seem to be happier teaching you. I would never say no to an attending.....as for interns, if youre going to say no you need to have a reason. If youre sitting around doing nothing and have nothing else to do then it looks really bad if you say no. If an intern asks you to run to radiology and get a preliminary report on a pt and you say no bc you are about to go assist/perform a pericentesis, then a femoral line, followed by a complete respiratory exam on the pneumonia pt to learn how to hear and percuss consolidation then if they gave you problems they would prob get crap from their resident or attending for scutting you when you had better learning opportunities.....that is at least what i have noticed.....just dont become one of those students i look at an say "tool".....you know the ones im talkin about
    Yeah, I hear ya. Makes a lot of sense.
    I'll have to keep all that in mind... We should make your post a "sticky" lol.

  10. #10
    swimguy23's Avatar
    swimguy23 is offline Elite Member 516 points
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,923
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MD999
    Yeah, I hear ya. Makes a lot of sense.
    I'll have to keep all that in mind... We should make your post a "sticky" lol.
    you comin to wyckoff heights?
    Hospitalist 2011-2012
    Hematology/Oncology 2012-2015

    some swimmer from Ct Hidden Content
    the problem with the gene pool is that there are too many lifeguards.....and we have been offering swimmies

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. OB/GYN at Wyckoff Heights Medical Center
    By mrpark01 in forum AUA Medical School Clinical Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-24-2012, 01:22 PM
  2. Wyckoff Heights Medical Center
    By coming2med in forum Medical University of the Americas (MUA) Nevis
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-05-2012, 01:19 PM
  3. Looking for housing in the Wyckoff Heights Medical Center!!!
    By neetuj in forum Ross University School of Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-15-2008, 05:37 PM
  4. Need Apt near Wyckoff Heights Medical Center
    By chintz11 in forum Main Apartment Exchange
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-04-2007, 11:54 PM
  5. Wyckoff Heights Medical Center
    By midway in forum Main Foreign Medical Schools Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-28-2003, 11:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •