Sponsored Links
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 52
  1. #1
    Mehdy is offline Junior Member 511 points
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    22
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Think twice before attending this school

    I have never seen a medical school with such practises. I don't mention here the surrounding or building but the relationship administration to student.

    First of all this school is very political. We don't always have professors to teach us the subject. Some don't even know english and most are from India. When I look at it. It is obvious that these doctors they have to teach do not even have any clinical experience or qualification. Some did not even finished their medical school. Many good professors (With USMLE step 1 and 2 for a small amount step 3 in their luggage)left the school immediately after 1 semester of teaching.
    When it comes to examinations don't think that you gonna make it without injuries. A people for theirs if you understand what I mean. For example an Indian student failing a class will pass it because his Lecturer is Indian. Without mentioning the prostitution side of it...That I won't comment further. If you have intentions to transfer don't even think about it cuz the administrators will stop you by any means. Previous students did not make the task easy for those who will follow. No med schools in the world will accept your credits...My friend tried to go to another medical school and she was told that she will need to start from the beginning and get a degree as well. Premed is nonsense and of no value but to All Saints. Then try verifying your transcript to attend med school in the US or the Caribbean...you will quickly find out how the school will block your way. Add to this the intimidation and threats for even stating your intentions to transfer. If you're one day late on tuition fees your mobile will not stop ringing and your mailbox will be crowded.
    This school is heavily corrupted in every aspect of the word. So if you think that you want to attend a Ghetto school then All Saints is for you. Oh no wait a Ghetto school is much better than this mess. You will not be able to even get a residency. Just give them a call and ask them how many students doing their residency. Of course ask too , how many students transferred to another medical school.you will rapidly understand the whole thing. Not mentioning there is a safety issue and lack of standard (agression, threats and the list goes on by the school community). If you should fear something when coming to the Island then All Saints students and worst again their administration are the one you should fear. Even the local people won't send their kids to that school. If you want to be a good doctor get your premed credit from an accredited school then apply to Ross, SGU, AUA any other med school but All saints. I regretted so much the day I accepted an offer from this school. It was too good to be true. Now I am trying to get out and I can't cuz no one I repeat no one will want you.
    Now reflect on this and make up your mind. I cannot post everything about the school here cuz that will shock certain parents...
    Last edited by Mehdy; 10-10-2010 at 03:32 AM.

  2. #31
    miggy211 is offline Member 529 points
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    236
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Advertisements



    oh wow well theres always the option of transfering...i think
    Last edited by miggy211; 10-11-2010 at 10:13 PM.

  3. #32
    soniaa's Avatar
    soniaa is offline Senior Member 689 points
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    839
    Downloads
    12
    Uploads
    0
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miggy211 View Post
    oh wow well theres always to option of transfering...i think

    they dont give out transcripts or send them to ECFMG so i think i will finish this last semester get my MD then start my core clinicals again with steps I and II wrapped up

    can you suggest any thing for me

  4. #33
    miggy211 is offline Member 529 points
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    236
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    well how do you get ur license if they dont send the board ur transcripts? hmm well how much longer do you have to go?....does this school have any licensed practicing MDs?

  5. #34
    soniaa's Avatar
    soniaa is offline Senior Member 689 points
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    839
    Downloads
    12
    Uploads
    0
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miggy211 View Post
    well how do you get ur license if they dont send the board ur transcripts? hmm well how much longer do you have to go?....does this school have any licensed practicing MDs?

    no licensed practicing MD, not hospital aggreamt forms nothing, i can send them out with request sicne they already sent out form 183 so now i just need to request to send out my Board scores.

  6. #35
    miggy211 is offline Member 529 points
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    236
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I see, thats a tuff spot to be in....maybe ull have to do wat u already said, which is finish and then apply to a more established school to redo clinicals...srry they tricked you n wasted ur time and money.

  7. #36
    soniaa's Avatar
    soniaa is offline Senior Member 689 points
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    839
    Downloads
    12
    Uploads
    0
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Mehdy View Post
    I have never seen a medical school with such practises. I don't mention here the surrounding or building but the relationship administration to student.

    First of all this school is very political. We don't always have professors to teach us the subject. Some don't even know english and most are from India. When I look at it. It is obvious that these doctors they have to teach do not even have any clinical experience or qualification. Some did not even finished their medical school. Many good professors (With USMLE step 1 and 2 for a small amount step 3 in their luggage)left the school immediately after 1 semester of teaching.
    When it comes to examinations don't think that you gonna make it without injuries. A people for theirs if you understand what I mean. For example an Indian student failing a class will pass it because his Lecturer is Indian. Without mentioning the prostitution side of it...That I won't comment further. If you have intentions to transfer don't even think about it cuz the administrators will stop you by any means. Previous students did not make the task easy for those who will follow. No med schools in the world will accept your credits...My friend tried to go to another medical school and she was told that she will need to start from the beginning and get a degree as well. Premed is nonsense and of no value but to All Saints. Then try verifying your transcript to attend med school in the US or the Caribbean...you will quickly find out how the school will block your way. Add to this the intimidation and threats for even stating your intentions to transfer. If you're one day late on tuition fees your mobile will not stop ringing and your mailbox will be crowded.
    This school is heavily corrupted in every aspect of the word. So if you think that you want to attend a Ghetto school then All Saints is for you. Oh no wait a Ghetto school is much better than this mess. You will not be able to even get a residency. Just give them a call and ask them how many students doing their residency. Of course ask too , how many students transferred to another medical school.you will rapidly understand the whole thing. Not mentioning there is a safety issue and lack of standard (agression, threats and the list goes on by the school community). If you should fear something when coming to the Island then All Saints students and worst again their administration are the one you should fear. Even the local people won't send their kids to that school. If you want to be a good doctor get your premed credit from an accredited school then apply to Ross, SGU, AUA any other med school but All saints. I regretted so much the day I accepted an offer from this school. It was too good to be true. Now I am trying to get out and I can't cuz no one I repeat no one will want you.
    Now reflect on this and make up your mind. I cannot post everything about the school here cuz that will shock certain parents...

    you are correct my dear frirend

  8. #37
    soniaa's Avatar
    soniaa is offline Senior Member 689 points
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    839
    Downloads
    12
    Uploads
    0
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Risalabad_MD View Post
    Dear students,
    This was an email I got from a student and I think it is a good idea to address this question so everyone can have access to the right information.

    "....electives.... they all had to be set up through the University regardless of whether they were just standing around in an FP's office or doing CV surgery. Even if you're setting them up with random family docs, doesn't the application have to go through the relevant University? Or have things changed?"

    This is an excellent question and I believe a lot of students have this confusion. Let me explain please. As per my understanding you will be assigned to Dr.'s associated with a particular hospital or university. This is the same procedure for both core rotations and electives. You will do your rotations with them as long as you do it thats all that matters. You need not worry about whether it is in the clinic or hospital. At the end of the rotation they will put on the evaluation the hospital name and sign it. Therefore that means you have done your rotation at the hospital under the preceptor's observation. That is all you need. You don't need to worry about it being green book or have any accreditation.

    In my opinion.....
    After interaction with many many students I believe there is a gap between the students and the administration. Students have no idea what the administration is doing and I have heard refer to this school as "their school" , "Mr. P's School", or "Dr.Y's school". This is a wrong perception. It in not their school. It is our school. From now on I will be in charge of answering all the questions regarding this school and I will work hard to integrate our students into the process.

    More Great News....
    Well students more treat for you. I know this is a lot of good news to digest but this is our new vision, this is our new school. More updates will follow.

    1) We have now got clinical rotations abroad. This is an excellent way to get residency in the US. We have got official clinicals in Nigeria, UK, Sudan, DR congo, Mali, Pakistan, India, Norway, Denmark, Ubekistan, Russia, Ukraine, China, Taiwan, Palestine, Jordan, UAE and Canada.

    2) You can do all core rotations and electives at these excellent teaching hospitals worldwide.

    Dr. A al Q, MBBS, FACS, PhD
    Head of educational and clinical affairs worldwide
    All Saint University
    Head of student affairs
    All Saint University School of medicine
    Head of accreditation committee - worldwide
    All Saint University school of medicine
    Chief moderator on valueMd
    All Saint University school of medicine

    we didnt go to this school to go to Africa and Middle east to do clinicals, we came here to get grade A clinical education, wake up dr. al Q MBBS and realize the facts

  9. #38
    soniaa's Avatar
    soniaa is offline Senior Member 689 points
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    839
    Downloads
    12
    Uploads
    0
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miggy211 View Post
    I see, thats a tuff spot to be in....maybe ull have to do wat u already said, which is finish and then apply to a more established school to redo clinicals...srry they tricked you n wasted ur time and money.

    thank for being here for me, i will do my clinicals over again

  10. #39
    allsaintstudent is offline Junior Member 511 points
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    34
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by soniaa View Post
    thank for being here for me, i will do my clinicals over again
    k i dont know what to believe, if theres any substance to your claims, as a student i'd appreciate if you can help me out, as we both know theres alot of crap up here as well.. you said people sent you hospital letters, could you take a photo of the papers and black out the name and upload a pic so we could get some true proof? definitive proof would really be appreciated..

    we all know al risen-blah is bull since he starts with how hes hired to run the clinicals for NY and suddenly he's talking about how he's part of building the new campus and with the ** about kicking Ross out in 5yrs... im guessing from that attitude and speech pattern we dealing with our friendly neighborhood Administration (i could say who it was was from the manner of talking but im not looking to go on the warpath just looking for answers).
    Shame he went as far as to bring God into it.. God does not favor those who cheat people in his name in my opinion.

    anyway help me if you can :l

  11. #40
    soniaa's Avatar
    soniaa is offline Senior Member 689 points
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    839
    Downloads
    12
    Uploads
    0
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allsaintstudent View Post
    k i dont know what to believe, if theres any substance to your claims, as a student i'd appreciate if you can help me out, as we both know theres alot of crap up here as well.. you said people sent you hospital letters, could you take a photo of the papers and black out the name and upload a pic so we could get some true proof? definitive proof would really be appreciated..

    we all know al risen-blah is bull since he starts with how hes hired to run the clinicals for NY and suddenly he's talking about how he's part of building the new campus and with the ** about kicking Ross out in 5yrs... im guessing from that attitude and speech pattern we dealing with our friendly neighborhood Administration (i could say who it was was from the manner of talking but im not looking to go on the warpath just looking for answers).
    Shame he went as far as to bring God into it.. God does not favor those who cheat people in his name in my opinion.

    anyway help me if you can :l

    hospitals i called said we have no affliation with them and they confirmed it with an email. people 10-15 of my friends have told the admin but admin has lied about the aggrmt forms and affliation forms. you need to raise up and smell the trick, also they have raised the tution for nothing since we dont have any school

    you right about dr. Al Q he is a surgeon and has sooo much time to answer as a valuemd moderator this is a joke i think , we are all in nigerian scam, from email scmas to medical school scams

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Attending UAG after withdrawing from a US med school
    By SugarPie in forum Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara (UAG)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-08-2009, 05:07 PM
  2. Psychology before attending med school?
    By lost crow in forum St. Georges University School of Medicine
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-28-2008, 03:01 PM
  3. Attending Med School in the Philippines
    By FSUNOLE08 in forum Asian Medical Schools
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-16-2008, 06:38 PM
  4. Ahh..the joy of attending a school like St. Chris...
    By pruritis_ani in forum St. Christophers College of Medicine
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-17-2007, 01:42 PM
  5. Applying to American school while attending Carribean school
    By tintin.milou in forum St. Georges University School of Medicine
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-29-2006, 09:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •