So this is a very bad news to Canadians.

There have been significant new changes for who and who can't get a SON.

Are you Canadian in an Internal Medicine residency on a J1 based on a SON from Canada? Well you can't subspecialize now in any specialty starting 2017.

NEW: 2016 is the last year the following will be supported under category B. As of 2017, physicians undertaking the training below must apply under category C.

* additional training after meeting RCPSC Specialty Training Requirements
* an ACGME-accredited sub-specialty program

Category C:

Physician specialist licenced in Canada who wishes to pursue postgraduate training in the United States.

This category comprises physicians who possess a current full medical licence ("Canadian Standard") and who are currently practising in a medical specialty or subspecialty or family medicine in a Canadian province or territory. These physicians are certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, the Collège des Médecins du Québec or the College of Family Physicians of Canada.

Contact these people if you want your voices heard:

I am emailing this to ministry as well. If you can please echo it too, email these people, especially the first two:

;; '';;; '';;; '';;; '';;; '';;; '';;; '';;; '';;; '';;; '';;