Sponsored Links
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    spatel0434 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    136
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    renovated classroom 4 pretty nice...

    Advertisements



    ...can't wait until we're in there full time (Classroom 1 is terrible).

    Although at this point I still prefer classroom 5, I think classroom 4 may eventually win out.

    Any thoughts from other 4th semesters?

  2. #2
    oc23 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    563
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    i like it!

    i think i actually like it better than classrooms 5 and 6.

    i like the white board that actually turned out to be a writing pad for the computer. very cool!!!

  3. #3
    MitchDC is offline Elite Member 512 points
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,194
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    i like it!

    Can you guys take some photos of the new building and post them please? Sounds great. Better than Cls 6? Wow, that would be tough to beat.

    MitchDC

    Quote Originally Posted by oc23
    i think i actually like it better than classrooms 5 and 6.

    i like the white board that actually turned out to be a writing pad for the computer. very cool!!!
    MitchDC/MD
    RUSM 2006 Graduate

  4. #4
    oc23 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    563
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    i like it!

    Quote Originally Posted by MitchDC
    Can you guys take some photos of the new building and post them please? Sounds great. Better than Cls 6? Wow, that would be tough to beat.

    MitchDC
    when i said i like it better than classroom 6, i don't necessarily mean that it's "nicer" than classroom 6. it just "feels" better in there--if that makes sense. classroom 6 is bigger, but i don't like how it's too spread out so you could actually be sitting too far from the instructor. i also don't like how the smaller monitors are just at the sides.

    classroom 4, being smaller, has a steeper incline from the front to the back row, so you're closer to the instructor even if you are sitting at the back rows. it also has better placement of the smaller monitors.

  5. #5
    bevo is offline Senior Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    956
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    re

    sitting at the back of classroom 4 is also a little akward though. Because the roof for the front part dips down so you are cut off from the top part of main big screen. And there are some dead spots depending on where you sit that you won't be able to see any screen clearly because of the roof problem already mentioned. Although the monitors are larger, they are angled to people sitting at the edges have to strain to see anything.

    Plus I think they're missing a monitor on the right hand side of the classroom.

    Overall its nice. We had the white board thing in Dallas, but it was never used.

    The classroom isn't opened though for regular use. We used it because 6 wasn't available that day because of the white coat ceremony?

    Dr Cooles said though that we might meet in there every wednesday now for icm only in the afternoon.

  6. #6
    Doc Holiday is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    38
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Room 4

    Classroom 4 is a beautiful room. I think that it'll be pretty nice to have classes in there. I think that they improved a lot on the classroom 6 design. Having more flat screens definately helps. Rob Parsons came in the other day while we were waiting for the class to start and told us a few things about what was going on.

    He said that they do have a missing flat screen TV because when they opened the box for the set there was no mounting bracket so it had to be ordered. He told us that we should be moving in within a few weeks and that they only reason that we're not in there already is because there will still be a lot of loud noises like hammering as they finish the other half of the building.

    Sitting in there I don't have too many complaints. I only see two real problems with the room. First, sitting in the back really disconnects you from the lecturer. I sat in one of the back rows in the nose bleed section and couldn't see the lecturer up front. When I moved closer I didn't have any problems.

    The second problem is one of the same problems that classroom 6 has. The profs. don't know how to use the equipment. I think that it's just too high tech for many of them and probably would be too time consuming for anyone to learn how to use. Maybe someday the lecturers will learn how to use this equipment to it's potential but I think that that might be a long time coming.

  7. #7
    MitchDC is offline Elite Member 512 points
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,194
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Room 4

    This string of posts is entertaining. No matter how good we have it, we still find flaws. I'm not saying that to pick on anybody, because its pure human nature to do that. Its just entertaining to see.

    -M



    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holiday
    Classroom 4 is a beautiful room. I think that it'll be pretty nice to have classes in there. I think that they improved a lot on the classroom 6 design. Having more flat screens definately helps. Rob Parsons came in the other day while we were waiting for the class to start and told us a few things about what was going on.

    He said that they do have a missing flat screen TV because when they opened the box for the set there was no mounting bracket so it had to be ordered. He told us that we should be moving in within a few weeks and that they only reason that we're not in there already is because there will still be a lot of loud noises like hammering as they finish the other half of the building.

    Sitting in there I don't have too many complaints. I only see two real problems with the room. First, sitting in the back really disconnects you from the lecturer. I sat in one of the back rows in the nose bleed section and couldn't see the lecturer up front. When I moved closer I didn't have any problems.

    The second problem is one of the same problems that classroom 6 has. The profs. don't know how to use the equipment. I think that it's just too high tech for many of them and probably would be too time consuming for anyone to learn how to use. Maybe someday the lecturers will learn how to use this equipment to it's potential but I think that that might be a long time coming.
    MitchDC/MD
    RUSM 2006 Graduate

  8. #8
    rph2md is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    55
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    CRM 4

    mitch... i will take some pic's for you... I have 2 B.S. degrees and been in many college auditoriums of large well funded universities and this one is BY FAR the nicest, most tech. advanced classroom that I have ever been in. They even paid attention to little details....like in classroom 6 you have to squeeze the power outlets to get them down...classroom 4 the power outlets at the seats are press and click. It's an unbelievable classroom and I think that anyone would be hard pressed to say they have been in a better classroom. I must say Devry is not afraid to spend money on technology.

  9. #9
    MitchDC is offline Elite Member 512 points
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,194
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Thanks!

    Thanks, that would be great. Its always nice to see pictures of campus as it improves. I agree that ANY school would be hard pressed to match the way Ross has set the standard for these new classrooms.

    M
    MitchDC/MD
    RUSM 2006 Graduate

  10. #10
    bevo is offline Senior Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    956
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    re

    should be able to get pictures with our ICM lab in there.

Similar Threads

  1. Campus renovated?
    By is1234 in forum Xavier University School of Medicine, Aruba
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-03-2010, 01:08 PM
  2. Rooms in nice house in nice part of Baltimore, MD
    By djp21224 in forum Ross Medical School Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-10-2008, 01:17 PM
  3. Apartment/s available in AUGUST, renovated!!
    By drgreekgoddess in forum AUC Medical School Classifieds
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-27-2006, 11:32 AM
  4. NICE place in NYC!!! Newly renovated place-2 bdrms available asap
    By Docshirazy in forum Ross Medical School Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-12-2006, 06:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •