Sponsored Links
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    ChuckNorrisMD is offline Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    104
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    transferring to Ross for clinicals?

    Advertisements



    Does Ross readily accept transfers for semesters 6 and beyond (for clinicals)? Or are they like SGU who rarely will accept transfer students for any semester? Will they accept transfers from schools like SMU, MUA, Saba?

  2. #2
    Shah_Patel_PT's Avatar
    Shah_Patel_PT is offline Senior Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,441
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNorrisMD View Post
    Does Ross readily accept transfers for semesters 6 and beyond (for clinicals)? Or are they like SGU who rarely will accept transfer students for any semester? Will they accept transfers from schools like SMU, MUA, Saba?
    It usually is the other way around...Ross students who don't make it...actually transfer to the schools you listed.

    I personally have never encountered any student who transferred from those schools during my clinicals.

    The ones I met....transfers from U of G, St. Chris, Albert Einstein, et. al. into Ross clinicals.

  3. #3
    jsr
    jsr is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    31
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Transfer students and decent rotations.

    Is it more difficult for 5th semester transfer students to obtain favorable clinicals? Do board scores typically supercede any other considerations?

  4. #4
    onmyway is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    127
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    heck, there were 70+ transfers in Miami for my class. since they all had their Step 1 scores (required by Ross for transfer) already, they went right into clinicals after 5th, ahead of the rest of the people. which means, of course, that they ate up those precious core spots. But sure, Ross loves your money, so give it a shot. Just expect some unfriendly welcomes...which is totally unfair to you, of course, but there is much resentment among Ross clinical students these days.

  5. #5
    singer is offline Elite Member 511 points
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,673
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    statistics

    Quote Originally Posted by onmyway View Post
    heck, there were 70+ transfers in Miami for my class. since they all had their Step 1 scores (required by Ross for transfer) already, they went right into clinicals after 5th, ahead of the rest of the people. which means, of course, that they ate up those precious core spots. But sure, Ross loves your money, so give it a shot. Just expect some unfriendly welcomes...which is totally unfair to you, of course, but there is much resentment among Ross clinical students these days.
    The advantage for ROSS in accepting 70 transfers that have passed the USMLE is it brings up the pass rate statistics.
    When you become my age you will realize all of the hard work and studying was worth the effort.
    "60 years young" another 60 to go if my doctor sons keep me alive with free prescriptions!!

  6. #6
    rokshana is offline Member Guru 11644 points
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    12,099
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by singer View Post
    The advantage for ROSS in accepting 70 transfers that have passed the USMLE is it brings up the pass rate statistics.
    there you go though...the advantage is for ROSS, not the students...don't think its fair to the original students who now are getting bumped from clincal spots- seems to me that the nontransfer students should have 1st dibs, then the transfers get what left.
    Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Attending
    ABIM certified IM
    ValueMD-the place "where nothing makes sense, but everything is related-fellow vmd'r gabon

  7. #7
    singer is offline Elite Member 511 points
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,673
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    not taking sides

    Quote Originally Posted by rokshana View Post
    there you go though...the advantage is for ROSS, not the students...don't think its fair to the original students who now are getting bumped from clincal spots- seems to me that the nontransfer students should have 1st dibs, then the transfers get what left.
    I wasn't trying to take the side of ROSS or Devry. I was only stating what I beleived was a fact. If ROSS is having a problem with many of their students passing the USMLE's on the first try and they want to improve the statistics they are doing it by accepting the transfers. My son didn't find out until three days before a CORE rotaion that he was being bumped. He spoke up and was put back on the rotation. It was actually an error on the advisors side.
    When you become my age you will realize all of the hard work and studying was worth the effort.
    "60 years young" another 60 to go if my doctor sons keep me alive with free prescriptions!!

  8. #8
    bkpride's Avatar
    bkpride is offline Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Dunkin donuts across from Wykoff
    Posts
    160
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by singer View Post
    He spoke up and was put back on the rotation. It was actually an error on the advisors side.

    xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by bkpride; 03-04-2007 at 04:19 PM.
    Im jumpin around and screamin makin a certain home girl 'round here real uncomfortable

Similar Threads

  1. is it worth transferring to ross for clinicals?
    By fm79 in forum Ross University School of Medicine
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-29-2008, 09:12 PM
  2. Transferring out for Clinicals rotations
    By azulpanther in forum St. Matthews University School of Medicine
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 12-23-2007, 08:38 PM
  3. transferring into clinicals
    By med? in forum Saba University School of Medicine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-07-2007, 03:55 PM
  4. transferring for clinicals..
    By aquarius25 in forum Ross University School of Medicine
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-28-2006, 09:45 PM
  5. Transferring into Clinicals
    By Surge in forum Clinical Rotations Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-08-2005, 05:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •