Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Ace1 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    30
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Did not match first time, what're chances the second time?

    Advertisements



    Making this thread for a friend of mine who didn't match this past year. Her stats are the following:


    S1: 210
    S2: 231
    CS: 1st attempt pass
    US Citizen
    Caribbean-IMG graduate
    No research
    No other red flags


    Told her to do something during the year off such as research and what not, but she isn't. Rather just sitting at home and waiting for September 15th of this year, again. The first time she applied she wasn't ECFMG certified. However, she is now.

  2. #2
    Ace1 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    30
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rokshanathanadar View Post
    ur "friends" step scores are horrendous. do you honestly believe with a step 1 of 210 and a step 2 of 231 ur "cough cough" friend will match? she needs a reality check and maybe fill out an application to walmart. 1'm 41, single, no family, and board certified in internal medicine. ur friend will never match sorry to bust ur bubble.
    i don't have a reason to lie and say "my friend" if you don't believe me. if you search for my posts, i haven't taken CK yet, so calm down.

    i'm sure my classmate will match with those stats. i'm sure FM, psych, IM are all a possibility for her.

  3. #3
    siheg's Avatar
    siheg is offline Elite Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,248
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace1 View Post
    i don't have a reason to lie and say "my friend" if you don't believe me. if you search for my posts, i haven't taken CK yet, so calm down.

    i'm sure my classmate will match with those stats. i'm sure FM, psych, IM are all a possibility for her.

    This seems to be a troll against Rok. Don't bother feeding her. If that is indeed Roks picture and other details it may be against TOS...
    Center For Kids Who Can't Read Good: https://Hidden Content google_ad_section_end -->

  4. #4
    Talukdar is offline Junior Member 510 points
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    42
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It seems somebody is a bit angry or something. Also seems that you are now decided what you and your friend are going to do. All the best.

  5. #5
    don1 is offline Moderator 547 points
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,340
    Downloads
    12
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    that is very unusual to not match with those stats. I have some friends who matched with much less stats than that. Some have even matched after failing step 1 once. Mind you, the people I am referring to matched into family medicine in non-competitive programs.

    There much be another reason why your friend did not match that needs to be corrected. Did they only apply to competitive programs? step 2 wasn't available at time of applying?

    What she can do complete step 3. do observerships at places she would want to go to that she has a realistic chance at matching into. That said, people will do what they want to do. You can suggest what you want, but they won't always listen.



    Quote Originally Posted by Ace1 View Post
    Making this thread for a friend of mine who didn't match this past year. Her stats are the following:


    S1: 210
    S2: 231
    CS: 1st attempt pass
    US Citizen
    Caribbean-IMG graduate
    No research
    No other red flags


    Told her to do something during the year off such as research and what not, but she isn't. Rather just sitting at home and waiting for September 15th of this year, again. The first time she applied she wasn't ECFMG certified. However, she is now.

  6. #6
    miral.ak is offline Newbie 510 points
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6
    Downloads
    5
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    guys i did not match last year
    i was ecfmg certified
    i would also like to add that please apply as widely aspossible

  7. #7
    Sawank is offline Junior Member 511 points
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    48
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace1 View Post
    Making this thread for a friend of mine who didn't match this past year. Her stats are the following:


    S1: 210
    S2: 231
    CS: 1st attempt pass
    US Citizen
    Caribbean-IMG graduate
    No research
    No other red flags


    Told her to do something during the year off such as research and what not, but she isn't. Rather just sitting at home and waiting for September 15th of this year, again. The first time she applied she wasn't ECFMG certified. However, she is now.
    My frinends also matched with less stats than these. I think there is will be another reason for unmataching your friends stats..

  8. #8
    duwende's Avatar
    duwende is offline Member 512 points
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    276
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not doing anything with the year off is a red flag. If by any chance an interview has been granted, and the applicant told me they did nothing to change your application from last year, I'll put you in the DNR (do not rank) category
    Hook 'Em Horns.

  9. #9
    don1 is offline Moderator 547 points
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,340
    Downloads
    12
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree. A year off should be used getting more relevant experience and getting people to know and advocate for you. There would be a problem if people get to know you and realize they do not want to work with you or think your knowledge is lacking.

    There is no reason why someone from the US with good board scores should not match into something.

    I'm a senior surgical resident in a university program and get to see and participate in part of the selection process.

    Quote Originally Posted by duwende View Post
    Not doing anything with the year off is a red flag. If by any chance an interview has been granted, and the applicant told me they did nothing to change your application from last year, I'll put you in the DNR (do not rank) category

  10. #10
    IIITRAUMADOCIII is offline Newbie 511 points
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    19
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by don1 View Post
    I agree. A year off should be used getting more relevant experience and getting people to know and advocate for you. There would be a problem if people get to know you and realize they do not want to work with you or think your knowledge is lacking.

    There is no reason why someone from the US with good board scores should not match into something.

    I'm a senior surgical resident in a university program and get to see and participate in part of the selection process.
    good point

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Time spend doing questions:Time spent reviewing the answers
    By Solarium in forum USMLE Step 1 Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-10-2008, 12:05 AM
  2. Need Help on Time Line for Match..
    By Student_02 in forum Ross University School of Medicine
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-02-2006, 11:18 AM
  3. what R my chances.....for the millionth time :)
    By corporitis1 in forum Ross University School of Medicine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-06-2003, 08:08 AM
  4. Since its match time, can SGU 4th years give their match res
    By futurestudentmay03 in forum St. Georges University School of Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-25-2003, 01:02 PM
  5. Since its match time, can Ross 4th years give their match re
    By futurestudentmay03 in forum Ross University School of Medicine
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-06-2003, 05:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •