Sponsored Links
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    deepwater is offline Member 511 points
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    108
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    No interviews...still submit ROL?

    Advertisements



    I thought that it was a no-brainer that if you didn't get any interviews you don't submit a ROL....you just move on to participate in the scramble. But over the past few days I've heard otherwise - some ppl still submit a ROL b/c they say that it at least shows those programs that you're still interested.

    Can anybody shed light on this matter?

  2. #2
    rokshana is offline Member Guru 11644 points
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    12,099
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deepwater View Post
    I thought that it was a no-brainer that if you didn't get any interviews you don't submit a ROL....you just move on to participate in the scramble. But over the past few days I've heard otherwise - some ppl still submit a ROL b/c they say that it at least shows those programs that you're still interested.

    Can anybody shed light on this matter?
    no those programs are going to rank the people they interviewed...certainly NOT looking at the list of people who were not granted an interview...

    get yourself ready for the scramble.
    Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Attending
    ABIM certified IM
    ValueMD-the place "where nothing makes sense, but everything is related-fellow vmd'r gabon

  3. #3
    deepwater is offline Member 511 points
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    108
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rokshana View Post
    no those programs are going to rank the people they interviewed...certainly NOT looking at the list of people who were not granted an interview...

    get yourself ready for the scramble.
    Exactly!! That's what I thought....just wanted to confirm! Thank you!

  4. #4
    deepwater is offline Member 511 points
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    108
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    One more thing: does it hurt to still submit a ROL?? Would it work against you?

  5. #5
    rokshana is offline Member Guru 11644 points
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    12,099
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deepwater View Post
    One more thing: does it hurt to still submit a ROL?? Would it work against you?
    well i guess since no one will see it, no, but why bother?you have no prgrams TO rank.
    Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Attending
    ABIM certified IM
    ValueMD-the place "where nothing makes sense, but everything is related-fellow vmd'r gabon

Similar Threads

  1. to submit on Sep. 1st or not...
    By montrealdoc in forum Residency Match Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-01-2010, 03:37 PM
  2. When to Submit ERAS App?
    By butters in forum Ross University School of Medicine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-16-2007, 02:25 PM
  3. Where do I submit my CV
    By mpetrodoc in forum Residency Match Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-07-2005, 08:34 PM
  4. Medical Haiku...Submit yours here :-)
    By dksamp in forum The Relaxing Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-10-2004, 02:57 AM
  5. mail app or submit online
    By DoubleOSeven in forum St. Georges University School of Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-14-2003, 05:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •