Sponsored Links
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    usmle2005 is offline Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    18
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    AGUS atypical cells of undetermined significant

    Advertisements



    A 27-year-old white female sees you for the first time for a routine evaluation. A Papanicolaou test reveals atypical glandular cells of undetermined significant (AGUS).

    Of the following, which one is most commonly found in this situation?

    A. Cervical intraepithelial neoplasia
    B. Endometrial hyperplasia
    C. An endocervical polyp
    D. Endometrial cancer
    E. Ectopic decidua

  2. #2
    gianna01 is offline Newbie 510 points
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: AGUS atypical cells of undetermined significant

    Quote Originally Posted by usmle2005
    A 27-year-old white female sees you for the first time for a routine evaluation. A Papanicolaou test reveals atypical glandular cells of undetermined significant (AGUS).

    Of the following, which one is most commonly found in this situation?

    A. Cervical intraepithelial neoplasia
    B. Endometrial hyperplasia
    C. An endocervical polyp
    D. Endometrial cancer
    E. Ectopic decidua
    My guess is A

  3. #3
    usmle2005 is offline Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    18
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Cervical intraepithelial neoplasia is very common in AGUS

    Cervical intraepithelial neoplasia is the most common histologic diagnosis found in patients evaluated for AGUS. If a patient has AGUS the next step is to have colposcopy and endocervical curettage.

  4. #4
    Asclepius1's Avatar
    Asclepius1 is offline Ultimate Member 537 points
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,087
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    ASCUS versus AGUS

    I heard of ASCUS before but have never heard of AGUS. Are they the same?

  5. #5
    Asclepius1's Avatar
    Asclepius1 is offline Ultimate Member 537 points
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,087
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: ASCUS versus AGUS

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I heard of ASCUS before but have never heard of AGUS. Are they the same?
    Women diagnosed with Atypical Glandular cells of Undetermined Significance Pap smears are much more likely to be associated with more severe underlying abnormalities. Treatment and management for Atypical Glandular cells of Undetermined Significance is different that treatment for Atypical Squamous Cells of Undetermined Significance.

  6. #6
    Asclepius1's Avatar
    Asclepius1 is offline Ultimate Member 537 points
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,087
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: AGUS atypical cells of undetermined significant

    Quote Originally Posted by ecoli
    Quote Originally Posted by usmle2005
    A 27-year-old white female sees you for the first time for a routine evaluation. A Papanicolaou test reveals atypical glandular cells of undetermined significant (AGUS).

    Of the following, which one is most commonly found in this situation?

    A. Cervical intraepithelial neoplasia
    B. Endometrial hyperplasia
    C. An endocervical polyp
    D. Endometrial cancer
    E. Ectopic decidua
    My guess is A

  7. #7
    student-2's Avatar
    student-2 is offline Senior Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    552
    Downloads
    6
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A dude!!!!!

Similar Threads

  1. Liver cells created from skin cells
    By SMUGrinch in forum The Relaxing Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-30-2010, 11:38 AM
  2. B cells
    By Anasouma in forum Microbiology And Immunology
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-07-2007, 09:38 AM
  3. Cells for sale?
    By lizajane78 in forum AUC Medical School Classifieds
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-27-2005, 08:50 PM
  4. Anatomy cells
    By Anonymous in forum USMLE Step 1 Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-06-2004, 06:44 PM
  5. Abnormal red cells
    By Anonymous in forum USMLE Step 1 Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-30-2004, 06:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •