Sponsored Links
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    latieungao is offline Junior Member 511 points
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    27
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Urgent! Risk St. James or lose $1000?

    Advertisements



    Hi guys, I need your informed judgments.

    For Fall 2013 admission

    $1000 reservation fee is due to St. James School of Medicine (Bonaire campus) tomorrow (6/12/2013). I got an invite to interview with MUA two days after they received my application. The interview is next week.

    I looked around and like MUA better, except the cost is almost 2x St. James.

    Should I play it safe and pay the $1000 reservation fee to St. James so I am guaranteed a med school seat, and then wait for MUA? Or Should I gamble and forget about St. James and hope for MUA?

    Thanks guys!

  2. #2
    Crusher87 is offline Newbie 511 points
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The choice is really up to you and what your financial situation is. Personally, I would pay the $1000 fee to St. James, rather than be sorry later if you don't get into MUA and didn't confirm your seat at St. James. Really, it is up to you though...

  3. #3
    mulberry is offline Member 539 points
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    433
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I highly doubt St James will have a cap for their incoming students. It is a for-profit institution so most of the time if you were already accepted you should be fine if you don't give your deposit. Your safest bet would be to call the admissions office and ask something like "I am waiting to get my finances in order, will I lose my ACCEPTED spot if I chose to pay the deposit a few weeks from now?" remind them you were already accepted. this will give you a clear answer to your question. Hope this helps.

  4. #4
    latieungao is offline Junior Member 511 points
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    27
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So I decided to play safe and paid the reservation fee.

  5. #5
    Crusher87 is offline Newbie 511 points
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Cool. Thanks for updating us. I hope everything works out for you!

  6. #6
    Texashopeful is offline Newbie 510 points
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    4
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    When do you start? Looking into St James now but discouraged because they are not on the Texas list.

  7. #7
    mulberry is offline Member 539 points
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    433
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Texashopeful View Post
    When do you start? Looking into St James now but discouraged because they are not on the Texas list.
    Isn't Texas on a case-by-case basis? I think Texas is more complicated than Cali.

  8. #8
    Mrs. Meyer's Avatar
    Mrs. Meyer is offline Government Official
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Elgin, Texas, United States
    Posts
    77
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Texas is on a case by case basis - and if your board certified you won't have an issue. Good luck!
    Denise Meyer
    Retired, Licensure
    Texas Medical Board
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Similar Threads

  1. RISK for sale
    By ESO in forum UAG Medical School Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-30-2012, 02:08 PM
  2. non green risk
    By cooli in forum AUA Medical School Clinical Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-16-2009, 06:19 PM
  3. We Are All At Risk!!!
    By RickyBobby in forum The Relaxing Lounge
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 11-24-2008, 11:02 AM
  4. Relative Risk q1 N*
    By Roxanita in forum Behavioral Science Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-25-2006, 12:54 PM
  5. ST. Chris at RISK?
    By nz_md in forum St. Christophers College of Medicine
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 12-07-2004, 06:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •