Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    ICE101 is offline Permanently Banned 510 points
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    multiple accounts
    Posts
    55
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Why Are People Getting Banned For No Reason

    Advertisements



    I thought this is supposed to be a free forum, why are people getting banned for expressing their opinions...and the reason given for all the people who have banned is multiple account. I want to hear people's true opinions and I dont want people to sugarcoat what they are saying in order to suck up to the school/their dean. So far all the people who have been banned have expressed their true insight about their school. Who ever is looking over this website is not doing their job right, because this is a FREE FORUM for medical students to express their thoughts and opinions. The dictatorship needs to stop soon because otherwise valuemd will get less traffic to their site. Is it a coincidence that people who have expressed negative opinions have been banned and those that are uplifting mua are still standing?

  2. #2
    NaiveToCynic is offline Permanently Banned 510 points
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    multiple accounts
    Posts
    259
    Downloads
    3
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ICE101 View Post
    I thought this is supposed to be a free forum, why are people getting banned for expressing their opinions...and the reason given for all the people who have banned is multiple account. I want to hear people's true opinions and I dont want people to sugarcoat what they are saying in order to suck up to the school/their dean. So far all the people who have been banned have expressed their true insight about their school. Who ever is looking over this website is not doing their job right, because this is a FREE FORUM for medical students to express their thoughts and opinions. The dictatorship needs to stop soon because otherwise valuemd will get less traffic to their site. Is it a coincidence that people who have expressed negative opinions have been banned and those that are uplifting mua are still standing?
    I have expressed my opinion here many times with my "true insight" about the school. You can verify this by looking at all my posts. The reason I have not been banned is because I am not insulting, I don't use foul language, I don't make accusations I have no knowledge about, I am not slanderous, I do not include people's names yaddi yaddi. Those who are being banned from this forum should take a close look at the way they express themselves here, you are not back in the hood here! Be aware of how you express yourself and they can not touch you. If you are not sure if you are breaking a rule, I think you can ask the moderators of the site. I have asked questions before and they do answer back.

  3. #3
    stephew is offline Moderator Guru 512 points
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    21,867
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    All VMD admin and mods are volunteers who dedicate personal time here to help students, not schools. I suggest you take a look at the posts of the people who admin and mod the site before making accusations. The banning of people violating the TERMS of SERVICE that they agreed to is indeed a function of the oversight of vmd working quite well indeed. Multiple accounts are often used by unscrupulous folks who wish to bolster their view and personal pet issue by using such accounts to "agree with oneself". Or to violate tos by attacking others without risking infraction/banning to their main account. If a user can't manage to make your point within the terms of service, designed to mimic the concept of professionalism, s/he has a bigger problem indeed. If you find you cannot abide by the TOS that you agreed to, feel free to find an unmoderated site to post on.
    Steph
    If you get a warning, put on yer manpants and stop whining about it.

  4. #4
    caribdoctor is offline Junior Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    23
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    any message that is viewed as negative or a threat is completely discredited by the dean or someone else. I always thought valuemd was a place for students and for prospective students to voice their opinion, positive or negative. The MUA forum has been completely blanketed by either the dean or some moderator. It would be nice to have a discussion without the dean responding to every message of valuemd.

  5. #5
    stephew is offline Moderator Guru 512 points
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    21,867
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NaiveToCynic View Post
    I have expressed my opinion here many times with my "true insight" about the school. You can verify this by looking at all my posts. The reason I have not been banned is because I am not insulting, I don't use foul language, I don't make accusations I have no knowledge about, I am not slanderous, I do not include people's names yaddi yaddi. Those who are being banned from this forum should take a close look at the way they express themselves here, you are not back in the hood here! Be aware of how you express yourself and they can not touch you. If you are not sure if you are breaking a rule, I think you can ask the moderators of the site. I have asked questions before and they do answer back.

    exactly. Content is not regulated (so long as legal). The way one expresses themselves is monitored. Indeed, if you follow tos VMD doesnt want to "touch" your posts. This place is for free exchange of information. As above, tos are designed to keep a standard of professionalism.

    And yes if you are unsure of your post, feel free to PM a mod or admin. We recognize if you are attempting to post in good faith and give allowences for that even if there is a transgression of tos. However right now in this form things are tightly controled because it has been out of hand and we simply dont have the time or inclination to give out courtesy PMs to those who are not in good faith. If you cannot make your point with this standard, you need to find another site.
    Steph
    If you get a warning, put on yer manpants and stop whining about it.

  6. #6
    don1 is offline Moderator 547 points
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,347
    Downloads
    12
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good post; true opinions are what was not happening; there was very few students (or 1), that were trying to represent their views as being from several people.

    If 10 people says something that is good and 1 says something bad you are more likely to say the 1 person had a unique vantage point or experience and overall things are good. If that 1 person pretends that they are 6 different people that will falsely represent things.

    I agree people do need to be transparent about the good and the bad; that is vital for deciding which school to go to and invest years of our time and money. It is however, deceptive if a person falsly over represents their view or describes situations out of context to make them sound worse than they are.

    I also agree with NiaveToCynic, it is also how you express your views.


    Quote Originally Posted by ICE101 View Post
    I thought this is supposed to be a free forum, why are people getting banned for expressing their opinions...and the reason given for all the people who have banned is multiple account. I want to hear people's true opinions and I dont want people to sugarcoat what they are saying in order to suck up to the school/their dean. So far all the people who have been banned have expressed their true insight about their school. Who ever is looking over this website is not doing their job right, because this is a FREE FORUM for medical students to express their thoughts and opinions. The dictatorship needs to stop soon because otherwise valuemd will get less traffic to their site. Is it a coincidence that people who have expressed negative opinions have been banned and those that are uplifting mua are still standing?
    Last edited by don1; 03-08-2008 at 06:48 PM.

  7. #7
    stephew is offline Moderator Guru 512 points
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    21,867
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caribdoctor View Post
    any message that is viewed as negative or a threat is completely discredited by the dean or someone else. I always thought valuemd was a place for students and for prospective students to voice their opinion, positive or negative. The MUA forum has been completely blanketed by either the dean or some moderator. It would be nice to have a discussion without the dean responding to every message of valuemd.
    VMD is for all users with views, positive or negative as you say. Thus both students and the dean have the right to post. If you dont want to hear the view of a user, simply go to your control panel and the ignore user function. You can block out the posts of anyone you wish, including the dean.
    Steph
    If you get a warning, put on yer manpants and stop whining about it.

  8. #8
    EGX001's Avatar
    EGX001 is offline Member 510 points
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Nevis, W.I. Originaly from Texas
    Posts
    127
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    actually

    I post negative and positive and even have some infractions from my positive posts because I was flaming the negative poster. Whatever the reason, if you continuously breach the TOS then you get booted. Or if you have multiple accounts, which is obviously cheating the system.

    As for the Dean actually being himself on this forum and trying to respond to the best of his knowledge to the concerns posted, I don't see how thats a problem. Its actually kind of nice to get your answers from the top of the totum pole rather than some random student that may or may not know what they are talking about.

    If you want to post about a negative experience here at MUA just do it without breaching the TOS and you'll be fine. You will have people agree with you as well as some that disagree. I have many negative experiences with MUA and the island, and I agree with lots of negative posts, but I'm in this for the long haul and may as well just try to make it better, rather than just complain all the time. And as long as the administration is paying attention to this forum, I think everyone should continue to post constructive criticism, and propose ideas for ways to improve.
    Hidden Content
    Here's my motivation. What's yours?
    Eric Gifford

  9. #9
    jabee_usm is offline Elite Member 513 points
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Miss-Sippi
    Posts
    1,904
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ICE101 View Post
    I thought this is supposed to be a free forum, why are people getting banned for expressing their opinions...and the reason given for all the people who have banned is multiple account. I want to hear people's true opinions and I dont want people to sugarcoat what they are saying in order to suck up to the school/their dean. So far all the people who have been banned have expressed their true insight about their school. Who ever is looking over this website is not doing their job right, because this is a FREE FORUM for medical students to express their thoughts and opinions. The dictatorship needs to stop soon because otherwise valuemd will get less traffic to their site. Is it a coincidence that people who have expressed negative opinions have been banned and those that are uplifting mua are still standing?
    This is also suppose to be a helpful/ informational site. Many people do not take it as such! I have realize since I been on valuemd, that some of the people that have been on here for a long time tend to think they are superior to everyone and tend to try to put down on new people, definitely new people. Just lets say, they try to dominate every thread with information that actually might be appreciated and helpful if they did not try to be sarcastic. I think if they are not going say something productive that they should not post. And yes, these students/ people suppose to be future doctors or are doctors already that act like little children with all the slander and nonsense. I really think you should have thought this out before posting this thread!

  10. #10
    JMT
    JMT is offline Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    258
    Downloads
    75
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't know of any other schools who has the dean on vmd. One can only be so lucky to have someone as high ranking responding on here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. This is the best reason to come to UAG.
    By Karplus in forum Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara (UAG)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-11-2006, 01:18 AM
  2. Reason
    By jpryor in forum St. Christophers College of Medicine
    Replies: 118
    Last Post: 03-21-2006, 11:54 AM
  3. Name one reason to go here to UAG
    By bmw in forum Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara (UAG)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-22-2005, 09:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •