So my question is. Do states require you to have some sort of license (training, restricted, perm) before you start with residencies? Specifically does New Jersey require you to have some sort of license before you start residency? Im trying to limit the states that dont since I know some of my rotations were not greenbook.

Another question. I know that residency permit in Texas is easy to obtain however I know for a fact that I am not eligible to practice in Texas. My question is can I do 3 years of residency and then move out to my hometown in Illinois? The reason why Im asking is I dont want to be in a position where they will force me to acquire a license in Texas at some point in residency which will hinder my completion of the residency program.