Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 58
  1. #1
    CARICOM-MED is offline Permanently Banned 530 points
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Multiple Accounts
    Posts
    1,236
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Boycott the CA Approved & Unapproved Lists

    Advertisements



    RE: California Ill Advised Approved & Unapproved Medical Schools

    I wonder if there is any way to boycott CA Medical Board, or raise some concerns regarding the ill advised CA list of Approved and Unapproved medical schools ??

    If Shangai Mai U and Bagdad U are "approved" then other Caribbean Schools that follow WFME and LCME standards might as well be, to say the least.

    In my opinion MUA, SMU, St. James, St. Eustacious, Windsor, UHSA, AUA, St. Martinus, Spratan U, should ALL be approved, and reviewed based on USMLE students performance and education standards, NOT based on hidden political agenda.




  2. #2
    maximillian genossa's Avatar
    maximillian genossa is offline Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The domed city of Romdo close to the border
    Posts
    5,819
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Its not a hidden political agenda. Shangai Mai U and Bagdad U are approved because they are state sponsored or owned schools or state recognized schools made to train their own citizens, locals, natives, not OFFSHORE Medical schools open to cater mainly to US students not accepted in the US system. In other words, those schools and those countries don't train physicians to pass the USMLE or send them to our country. The state of CA approve them just in the case an immigrant from those countries arrive into the US at least they have a means to validate their credentials into the US system, same people they ask other requirements like the TOEFL test, visas, etc. Those schools must be in good standing in their own countries and have all the adequate acreditations within their countries. This has been explained extensively in the State Medical Licensing section of this website, look at it. Saying it's a hidden political agenda only reflects your lack of information on the subject.

    People have even sued, UNSUCCESSFULLY the board. Results? More states have incorporated it, like adding fuel to a fire. So.....you may boycott and expect nothing in exchange or get a lawyer, sue them and loose like everyone else (not to be rude or anything). The CA medical board is very powerful, has lots of re$ources to fend off this kind of suits.







    Quote Originally Posted by UHSADOC View Post
    RE: California Ill Advised Approved & Unapproved Medical Schools

    I wonder if there is any way to boycott CA Medical Board, or raise some concerns regarding the ill advised CA list of Approved and Unapproved medical schools ??

    If Shangai Mai U and Bagdad U are "approved" then other Caribbean Schools that follow WFME and LCME standards might as well be, to say the least.

    In my opinion MUA, SMU, St. James, St. Eustacious, Windsor, UHSA, AUA, St. Martinus, Spratan U, should ALL be approved, and reviewed based on USMLE students performance and education standards, NOT based on hidden political agenda.


    Last edited by Aviv Imanuel; 10-11-2008 at 04:53 AM.
    "Sacrifice turns to revenge and believe me
    You'll see the face who'll say:I love you... I'll kill you...But I'll love you forever
    ..."If I die tomorrow, what will you tell me today?." Hidden Content Previously known as Genossa Maximillian

  3. #3
    azskeptic's Avatar
    azskeptic is offline Moderator 666 points
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    6,728
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    California

    in the absence of a national system to evaluate the med schools other boards are following the California list now and it is growing rapidly in terms of its importance. Bottom line: If your school can't meet California, you are taking a risky path in medical school.


    Quote Originally Posted by Genossa maximillian View Post
    Its not a hidden political agenda. Shangai Mai U and Bagdad U are approved because they are state sponsored or owned schools or state recognized schools made to train their own citizens, locals, natives, not OFFSHORE Medical schools open to cater mainly to US students not accepted in the US system. In other words, those schools and those countries don't train physicians to pass the USMLE or send them to our country. The state of CA approve them just in the case an immigrant from those countries arrive into the US at least they have a means to validate their credentials into the US system, same people they ask other requirements like the TOEFL test, visas, etc. Those schools must be in good standing in their own countries and have all the adequate acreditations within their countries. This has been explained extensively in the State Medical Licensing section of this website, look at it. Saying it's a hidden political agenda only reflects your lack of information on the subject.

    People have even sued, UNSUCCESSFULLY the board. Results? More states have incorporated it, like adding fuel to a fire. So.....you may boycott and expect nothing in exchange or get a lawyer, sue them and loose like everyone else (not to be rude or anything). The CA medical board is very powerful, has lots of re$ources to fend off this kind of suits.
    Moderator - State Licensing Forum

    Still skeptical after all these years.
    This is it. There are no hidden meanings.WYSIWYG

    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

  4. #4
    CARICOM-MED is offline Permanently Banned 530 points
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Multiple Accounts
    Posts
    1,236
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    The California biased list

    This California list is biased:

    It is the role of NBME or ECFMG to evaluate applicants based on performance in basic medical sciences and clinical sciences.

    Evaluation should be individualized as per applicant, not medical school as a whole.

    As a senior resident (3rd year) I can tell you that over the years I have seen good MDs from "bad" schools and Horrific MDs from GREAT north american schools, some even from California.

    Now, I am mentoring few residents from Caribbean schools, St. James U, and St. Martinus U, both are GREAT MDs, and are "unapproved" in California, why ?? they both scored VERY well on the USMLE and are competent MDs. Let alone myself, graduated from UHSA, another "unapproved" medical school, yet I was awarded intern of the year in 2005.

  5. #5
    maximillian genossa's Avatar
    maximillian genossa is offline Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The domed city of Romdo close to the border
    Posts
    5,819
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I couldn't agree more Azkeptic.



    Quote Originally Posted by azskeptic View Post
    in the absence of a national system to evaluate the med schools other boards are following the California list now and it is growing rapidly in terms of its importance. Bottom line: If your school can't meet California, you are taking a risky path in medical school.
    "Sacrifice turns to revenge and believe me
    You'll see the face who'll say:I love you... I'll kill you...But I'll love you forever
    ..."If I die tomorrow, what will you tell me today?." Hidden Content Previously known as Genossa Maximillian

  6. #6
    maximillian genossa's Avatar
    maximillian genossa is offline Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The domed city of Romdo close to the border
    Posts
    5,819
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congratulations on you award. However, each state has their prerogatives and criteria. Some people will be displeased, as in your case, others won't. I suggest you to voice your concerns where it most matters, the CA legislature and government. Not that it's wrong to complaint here, since it helps you vent out the anger you have with them, but most of the old posters here, like me, we have been reading the same complaints since the days this was Network 54 in 1999, and CA has not changed a bit, on the contrary, more states are incorporating their list.




    Quote Originally Posted by UHSADOC View Post
    This California list is biased:

    It is the role of NBME or ECFMG to evaluate applicants based on performance in basic medical sciences and clinical sciences.

    Evaluation should be individualized as per applicant, not medical school as a whole.

    As a senior resident (3rd year) I can tell you that over the years I have seen good MDs from "bad" schools and Horrific MDs from GREAT north american schools, some even from California.

    Now, I am mentoring few residents from Caribbean schools, St. James U, and St. Martinus U, both are GREAT MDs, and are "unapproved" in California, why ?? they both scored VERY well on the USMLE and are competent MDs. Let alone myself, graduated from UHSA, another "unapproved" medical school, yet I was awarded intern of the year in 2005.
    "Sacrifice turns to revenge and believe me
    You'll see the face who'll say:I love you... I'll kill you...But I'll love you forever
    ..."If I die tomorrow, what will you tell me today?." Hidden Content Previously known as Genossa Maximillian

  7. #7
    Phrozen's Avatar
    Phrozen is offline Member 515 points
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    491
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Genossa maximillian View Post
    I couldn't agree more Azkeptic.
    Ditto

  8. #8
    DOC.p's Avatar
    DOC.p is offline Super Moderator 7191 points
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,843
    Downloads
    11
    Uploads
    0
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    how many more Cali threads do we need? we get the point...
    M.D.

  9. #9
    Phrozen's Avatar
    Phrozen is offline Member 515 points
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    491
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DOCplucinski View Post
    how many more Cali threads do we need? we get the point...
    lol, Seriously DOCp!
    Last edited by Phrozen; 10-11-2008 at 11:15 PM.
    "I have been impressed with the urgency of doing.
    Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
    Being willing is not enough; we must do."
    - Leonardo da Vinci


  10. #10
    maximillian genossa's Avatar
    maximillian genossa is offline Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The domed city of Romdo close to the border
    Posts
    5,819
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mybe 3 or 4 more, for the new people who don't bother to search in the site because they "don't have the time" = lazyness.


    Quote Originally Posted by DOCplucinski View Post
    how many more Cali threads do we need? we get the point...
    "Sacrifice turns to revenge and believe me
    You'll see the face who'll say:I love you... I'll kill you...But I'll love you forever
    ..."If I die tomorrow, what will you tell me today?." Hidden Content Previously known as Genossa Maximillian

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. State medical boards lists of approved or disapproved schools
    By azskeptic in forum State Medical Licensing Information
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 04-18-2017, 04:53 AM
  2. Boycott the CA Approved & Unapproved Lists
    By CARICOM-MED in forum Main Foreign Medical Schools Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-12-2008, 10:33 AM
  3. Olympic Boycott
    By GeorgeMD2B in forum The Relaxing Lounge
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-17-2008, 01:12 PM
  4. Boycott Liat Airlines!
    By DC2BMD in forum Ross University School of Medicine
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-17-2008, 06:48 PM
  5. Do all states have their own approved med school lists?
    By Jabroni in forum State Medical Licensing Information
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-14-2005, 08:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •