Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Jagiellonian vs Poznan?

  1. #1
    rookie_md is offline Newbie 510 points
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    9
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Jagiellonian vs Poznan?

    Hello everyone. I have been accepted to the 4 year MD programs in Jagiellonian and Poznan and trying to get some advice in helping me make a decision. Which one is the better school? I am intending on returning to the U.S. for residency. I like that Jagiellonian already has established partner schools in the U.S. (UCLA, USF e.t.c.) for electives which Poznan does not. However, I am most interested in the school with a proven track record in USMLE scores and residency matching. Also Poznan has NMBE exams for all their courses, which I think Jagiellonian does not. Help!!

  2. #21
    kikirish is offline Newbie 511 points
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    13
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Advertisements



    Also, I forgot to ask, how is the interview? what kind of questions do they ask you?

    I'm really not confident about interview, because I haven't really done much in my life other than study at Uni, so I'm not sure what to talk about if they ask me about my life. But I've looked at Jag entrance requirement for 4-year MD programme and it looks not too difficult (compared to New Zealand/Australian med schools). It seems that in year 2016-2017, you needed >53-54 points to get admitted and based on my GAMSAT (Australian version of MCAT) and GPA I already have more than 40 points so I just need little more in interview and I was just wondering if it's hard to score well in interview?

  3. #22
    derwenty is offline Newbie 510 points
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    11
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Or maybe Jagiellonian vs Charles University (Czech)?

  4. #23
    MSc
    MSc is offline Newbie 510 points
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    4
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just wanted to let everyone know that Jagiellonian and Poznan have removed the Advanced 4 year M.D. option. If you look at their websites and click on it you will only have 6 year program available even under 'Advanced M.D.'. It seems as if all Polish Schools have changed this starting for the 2018 admission year. If anyone is going to Chicago for Jags event it would be great if you could share the details as to how they justify a 6 year program for people with MCAT and a B.Sc.

  5. #24
    olenala is offline Newbie 510 points
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    7
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MSc View Post
    Just wanted to let everyone know that Jagiellonian and Poznan have removed the Advanced 4 year M.D. option. If you look at their websites and click on it you will only have 6 year program available even under 'Advanced M.D.'. It seems as if all Polish Schools have changed this starting for the 2018 admission year. If anyone is going to Chicago for Jags event it would be great if you could share the details as to how they justify a 6 year program for people with MCAT and a B.Sc.

    BTW, this information is incorrect. I can't speak for Poznan, but I have contacted Jagiellonian to confirm that their 4-year medical program is still very much intact. If you apply with a Bachelor's degree and MCAT, and get accepted, you are on track to graduate Jagiellonian's medical school in 4 years.

  6. #25
    LilyRoseDaisywise is offline Newbie 510 points
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    4
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Correct. They call it the advanced 6 year program to comply with Polish laws. Itís really 2+4 with the two years being an undergrad degree (Orgo, bio, math) and 4 years of med school.

  7. #26
    elldeezz is offline Newbie 510 points
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    4
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LilyRoseDaisywise View Post
    Correct. They call it the advanced 6 year program to comply with Polish laws. Itís really 2+4 with the two years being an undergrad degree (Orgo, bio, math) and 4 years of med school.
    is anyone here actually matriculating at Jag 4-year program this fall (or know someone who is)? I just looked at the website but there was no list of accepted students for the 4 year course.

    also, is Jag also converting its 4 year MD program into a "Advanced 6 year MD" that is meant to be completed in 4 years? I understand that's how Poznan works now...

  8. #27
    magnificentstars is offline Junior Member 511 points
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    88
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rookie_md View Post
    Hello everyone. I have been accepted to the 4 year MD programs in Jagiellonian and Poznan and trying to get some advice in helping me make a decision. Which one is the better school? I am intending on returning to the U.S. for residency. I like that Jagiellonian already has established partner schools in the U.S. (UCLA, USF e.t.c.) for electives which Poznan does not. However, I am most interested in the school with a proven track record in USMLE scores and residency matching. Also Poznan has NMBE exams for all their courses, which I think Jagiellonian does not. Help!!
    I prefer Jagiellonian. You are correct! It has established partner schools already in the US.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. jagiellonian University Medical College or Poznan university of medical sciences
    By MDinterest in forum Main Foreign Medical Schools Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-21-2015, 02:33 PM
  2. Europe Trip: Poznan, Warsaw, Jagiellonian
    By Wobbles20 in forum Polish Medical Schools
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-17-2015, 09:27 PM
  3. Jagiellonian uni
    By candycane in forum Main European Medical Schools Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-06-2012, 09:21 AM
  4. Jagiellonian/poznan
    By goody2shoes in forum Polish Medical Schools
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-29-2007, 09:23 AM
  5. Jagiellonian or SGU
    By vikingprincessa in forum Canadian IMG
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-28-2004, 01:23 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •