Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 61
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Are there actual lectures at IUHS? or all Internet?

  1. #1
    DocKao is offline Newbie 511 points
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    18
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Are there actual lectures at IUHS? or all Internet?

    Can some one tell me if there are actual courses being taught at the school or is it all done on the internet? Are there any Docs out there from this school?
    lawyerdoc2b likes this.

  2. #11
    maximillian genossa's Avatar
    maximillian genossa is offline Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The domed city of Romdo close to the border
    Posts
    5,819
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Wrong!

    Advertisements



    ..."Currently California is the only state who has stated a stance against IUHS and the majority of states are open to licensure for IUHS graduates! "

    Wrong dude! Not only California, but ....

    INDIANA specifically names IUHS as banned for licensure. Check their website.

    Oh, and studying law by correspondence is not the same a studying medicine, I beg to differ. Done both, there is a huge difference. You may get by for a law degree ( still the Socratic model of teaching law is unique, it makes you think), but medicine, you still need the 3-d feeling of dissecting cadavers and doing labs. Yes there are subjects like biochem, pharma
    , etc that can be done via distance, but PLEASE don't compare two totally different educational framworks.

    As I said, check Indiana.

    Chhers to all

    Max


    Quote Originally Posted by Doc2B2007 View Post
    Currently California is the only state who has stated a stance against IUHS and the majority of states are open to licensure for IUHS graduates! Note California's stance was against online education yet they are the only ones who allow Lawyers to use this mode of education! If you really want to know about IUHS then you should go directly to them and ask to attend one of their conferences to meet students currently enrolled. In reply to question of lectures. The lectures are all live streaming video from campus or instructors from other US Medical educational systems. The student can see both the instuctor live with the power points used for the lecture and they also have access through a chat window to ask the instructor questions during lectures and the Instructor answers them verbally through the live streaming video feed. These are not pod casts. I get more questions answered here than I ever got in crowded premed lectures!
    "Sacrifice turns to revenge and believe me
    You'll see the face who'll say:I love you... I'll kill you...But I'll love you forever
    ..."If I die tomorrow, what will you tell me today?." Hidden Content Previously known as Genossa Maximillian

  3. #12
    DOC.p's Avatar
    DOC.p is offline Super Moderator 7191 points
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,843
    Downloads
    11
    Uploads
    0
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Genossa maximillian View Post
    ..."Currently California is the only state who has stated a stance against IUHS and the majority of states are open to licensure for IUHS graduates! "

    Wrong dude! Not only California, but ....

    INDIANA specifically names IUHS as banned for licensure. Check their website.

    Oh, and studying law by correspondence is not the same a studying medicine, I beg to differ. Done both, there is a huge difference. You may get by for a law degree ( still the Socratic model of teaching law is unique, it makes you think), but medicine, you still need the 3-d feeling of dissecting cadavers and doing labs. Yes there are subjects like biochem, pharma
    , etc that can be done via distance, but PLEASE don't compare two totally different educational framworks.

    As I said, check Indiana.

    Chhers to all

    Max
    i believe there are more states than this and deff ALL states if you obtained your education online
    M.D.

  4. #13
    maximillian genossa's Avatar
    maximillian genossa is offline Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The domed city of Romdo close to the border
    Posts
    5,819
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Yes, probably

    Quote Originally Posted by DOCplucinski View Post
    i believe there are more states than this and deff ALL states if you obtained your education online
    That I can remember, Indiana specifically named them, there are a few more, the rest of the states that have an issue with online basic sciences, use the more generic term, "any substantial portion of your studies done via correspondence or online" etc. I would not venture into saying all states, that is too broad. There were a few mid-western states that had no problem last time I checked as long as you did your cores on green book hospitals. But that was about 9 or 10 months ago. Who knows. Medical boards change their rules almost every year.

    It's like I said in another thread, they may say yes today, maybe tomorrow and no the day after tomorrow. They rarely go the opposite way.
    "Sacrifice turns to revenge and believe me
    You'll see the face who'll say:I love you... I'll kill you...But I'll love you forever
    ..."If I die tomorrow, what will you tell me today?." Hidden Content Previously known as Genossa Maximillian

  5. #14
    Doc2B2007 is offline Junior Member 511 points
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    25
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The perception is that 100% of the education is done online and it is not! There are several US medical schools who no longer use cadavers for anatomy studies! With out the knowledge of the full program it is hard to know where a license can be obtained but there very few states where a primary license can not be obtained and even fewer where currently no license can be obtained. Indiana is not a place I would want to practice and they only followed california who has not actually sent a team to the school as of yet! Again this is a new school in terms of years and it is changing continually to improve its process as do all schools! No medical school is still the same as when it was first organized!
    Last edited by Doc2B2007; 03-15-2007 at 03:16 PM.

  6. #15
    maximillian genossa's Avatar
    maximillian genossa is offline Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The domed city of Romdo close to the border
    Posts
    5,819
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    California

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc2B2007 View Post
    The perception is that 100% of the education is done online and it is not! There are several US medical schools who no longer use cadavers for anatomy studies! With out the knowledge of the full program it is hard to know where a license can be obtained but there very few states where a primary license can not be obtained and even fewer where currently no license can be obtained. Indiana is not a place I would want to practice and they only followed calafornia who has not actually sent a team to the school as of yet! Again this is a new school in terms of years and it is changing continually to improve its process as do all schools! No medical school is still the same as when it was first organized!
    I agree, the perception is incorrect. You can check my previous IUHS postings, as a matter of fact, out of my 965 posts, maybe 600 are about IUHS.

    I dispute your opinion that there are few states that won't grant a license. A former user, NeilC and myself called every state last year, and not for our surprise , most of them said NO. Check that thread in the State licensing forum, dates back to January 2006 I believe. Some did not care, other did not bothered to respond.

    California won't send a team until your school applies for California aproval and pays a $65,000 fee. And based on the list of things they use to evaluate a school, I do not see it happening, it will be a waste of money from your school.

    Keep studying, I am not putting down your school, just presenting some much needed information and a contrast. Not everyone is ready for this method, and not everyone is willing to take the risk. It's a gamble that may or may not pay off.

    Will you gamble with your future? That is the message.
    "Sacrifice turns to revenge and believe me
    You'll see the face who'll say:I love you... I'll kill you...But I'll love you forever
    ..."If I die tomorrow, what will you tell me today?." Hidden Content Previously known as Genossa Maximillian

  7. #16
    Doc2B2007 is offline Junior Member 511 points
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    25
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Your Phone calls do not include all neccessary information and we have done our own study in the last year so that we would know for ourselves what we would encounter. With the algorythm we have made we know which states are friendly and which are not! since you have not attended our school and do not know the correct answer to all their questions that have to be answered and we do we trually have a more definitive position. we have gone to the states as needed for these issues instead of just asking hypotheticals and we are finding very little real resistance when facts are presented to the boards. At least one state who stated they would not, recanted when facts were presented and issued the license. As time goes by it will be seen that few states will denie a license and in a few short years none will. Several who have stated they would not are currently being petitioned by graduates from their state and the process is proceeding well. Only time again will tell the real story not us chatting about hypothetical situations. Since the school has not been here long enough for all states to be challenged on this position we still do not have all the answers and will not until as they say the rubber meets the road!

  8. #17
    DRJJ1 is offline Permanently Banned 510 points
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    398
    Downloads
    9
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    bottom line

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc2B2007 View Post
    Your Phone calls do not include all neccessary information and we have done our own study in the last year so that we would know for ourselves what we would encounter. With the algorythm we have made we know which states are friendly and which are not! since you have not attended our school and do not know the correct answer to all their questions that have to be answered and we do we trually have a more definitive position. we have gone to the states as needed for these issues instead of just asking hypotheticals and we are finding very little real resistance when facts are presented to the boards. At least one state who stated they would not, recanted when facts were presented and issued the license. As time goes by it will be seen that few states will denie a license and in a few short years none will. Several who have stated they would not are currently being petitioned by graduates from their state and the process is proceeding well. Only time again will tell the real story not us chatting about hypothetical situations. Since the school has not been here long enough for all states to be challenged on this position we still do not have all the answers and will not until as they say the rubber meets the road!
    believe me I would be the first in line to do this online but there is too much time money and money and time at stake here to gamble at this point,,all important meaningful states with any kind of culture, living conditions do not accept this online school...I would not go here but thats me no online credit approved cores and residencies , no transfer credits as per state boards,,what more do you need? if you feel like bucking the system then be prepared for your bucking

  9. #18
    Doc2B2007 is offline Junior Member 511 points
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    25
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Every student must complete the entire program there is no such thing as advanced credit! Unless you have completed the first two years of medical school and passed the step 1 you must complete the first two years here! There are no short cuts and no buying a degree you must earn it to get it! Again unless you are here and actually know the system there is no way for you to know though! Many of those who left expected to just buy a degree and when they found they actually had to earn it they left! Allowing the voice of those who failed keep you from earning what you what for yourself is allowing them to rob you of yourself!
    Last edited by Doc2B2007; 03-15-2007 at 09:43 PM.

  10. #19
    anatomy_guy is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    222
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Not in Michigan either!

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc2B2007 View Post
    Every student must complete the entire program there is no such thing as advanced credit! Unless you have completed the first two years of medical school and passed the step 1 you must complete the first two years here! There are no short cuts and no buying a degree you must earn it to get it! Again unless you are here and actually know the system there is no way for you to know though! Many of those who left expected to just buy a degree and when they found they actually had to earn it they left! Allowing the voice of those who failed keep you from earning what you what for yourself is allowing them to rob you of yourself!
    I don't know what you are saying here but lets get something straight. A number of people have asked the questions you claim to have asked couched in some special manner. The State Medical Boards in many states have said NO to any portion of the basic sciences being completed by any method other than direct instructor contact (i.e. the student is in the same room as the instructor). Even though some US and Canadian medical schools use podcasts, videoconferencing or broadcasting of lectures as is sometimes done in the WWAMI program, a number of State Medical Boards will consider IUHS program to be a form of online or distance education and NOT acceptable. You can argue "until the cows come home" but it will not change many of the State Medical Boards' attitudes. So what do you do? I suggest you stop trying to justify the IUHS way and look to meet the requirements as laid down by most State Medical Boards otherwise you will be spending a lot of money, have a MD degree (that is truly a mile deep considering the debt you will have), but nowhere or very few places to hang your shingle!
    I wish you the best of luck. Don't hurt your head "hitting it against a brick wall" though. A_G

  11. #20
    DRJJ1 is offline Permanently Banned 510 points
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    398
    Downloads
    9
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    so lets see

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc2B2007 View Post
    Every student must complete the entire program there is no such thing as advanced credit! Unless you have completed the first two years of medical school and passed the step 1 you must complete the first two years here! There are no short cuts and no buying a degree you must earn it to get it! Again unless you are here and actually know the system there is no way for you to know though! Many of those who left expected to just buy a degree and when they found they actually had to earn it they left! Allowing the voice of those who failed keep you from earning what you what for yourself is allowing them to rob you of yourself!
    so how many are in your school now,,are you on campus I heard there might be th most 5 students there,,the school transfers credits from other specialities like podiatry dds and more,,,THIS ALONE IS NOT ALLOWED FROM ANY STATE,,I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS, IN MED SCHOOL AND CANNOT INTERPRET THIS PLAIN AS DAY RULES OF ALL USA MED BDS,,DO YOU WORK FOR THIS SCHOOL OR WHAT!! THIS IS SCARY,,PLUS, NO ONLINE CREDIT AND NOOO BODY HAS A LICENSE FROM HERE SO WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY SO LETS SEE

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What is the actual point of ICM?
    By Level100MD in forum American University of the Caribbean (AUC)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-03-2010, 05:19 PM
  2. Actual numbers
    By Closter in forum Ross University School of Medicine
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 09-08-2008, 09:35 PM
  3. Is IUHS internet based program accredited in the US?
    By rntomd2 in forum International University of Health Sciences (IUHS)
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 07-28-2006, 10:48 AM
  4. Actual Internet Sppeds/Costs
    By Doc. Caliban in forum Saba University School of Medicine
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-24-2006, 05:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •