Hello i am planning on becoming an IMG. I am a Canadian Citizen. I would like to know more about obtaining residency in the US and working in the US. I have read about the H1b and j1 visas. The J1 seems to be more favourable for residency but you have to leave the states after your residency. I plan to work in the united states as a doctor.

Am i apply to apply for permanent residence in the United states while doing my residency?

How hard is it to get a greencard instead of a J1?

What are my best options?