I am currently working under a J1 visa as an intern and i am NOT eligble for the 2 years rule. So i can come back in the USA after my J1.
My company is going to apply for a H1B, but the problem is that my J1 takes end on March 31st 2010.
I know that if i get the H1, i cannot begin to work before October 2010. It means that i will have to leave the US on April and come back on October.
So i would like to know if there is a way to stay leggally in the US between April and October? Is there like a J1 waiver or something like this? Because it s not really practical to stop working for few months and plus i have my boyfriend (who is american) here so we are really nervous if i have to leave for so many months.

Any help would be appreciated. If you have one or several solutions, please help me!!

Thanks a lot