Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 133
  1. #1
    rlewkowski's Avatar
    rlewkowski is offline Permanently Banned 510 points
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    multiple accounts
    Posts
    434
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Images
    196
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Source of information about CMU

    Advertisements



    There were more than 50 individuals in U.S. who received the fraudulent check like you did. Majority of them called us since they didn’t expect any payments from CMU. Some were trying to cash those checks at different banks and got arrested because they were trying to use checks that were forged. Evilsax is among few people who wanted to get some extra money for nothing and cashed the check and sent money to those scammers.
    Don’t blame me or the school for it since we got affected by that scam as well. As I advised you Evilsax in response to your email, please contact your local police immediately or call Officer Gordon at (414) 935 7252, who investigates this case. You may also call our Chase business banker at (847) 673 5829 or Rosemont Police Department to confirm that those checks were forged and that we had filed a police report.
    As I see majority of the posts about CMU are false accusations, lies or incorrect information based on assumptions, bad intentions, lack of knowledge or rumors.
    Therefore:
    1) Regarding the charter please contact the Inspector General of Ministry of Education of Netherland Antilles at +(599) 9 434-3711. Link Onderwijs Inspectie Home
    2) Regarding the courses being valid for ECFMG certification, please contact ECFMG as Dr.Speed did: “Please be advised ECFMGģ will list a school in its International Medical Education Directory (IMED) only after we are notified by the ministry of health in that country that they recognize the medical school and from which date they began recognizing graduates of that medical school. Therefore it is not up to ECFMG whether the dates will be retroactive instead it is determined by the Ministry of Health in the country where the school is located.” - link to the post
    3) Regarding the checks please contact the aforementioned law enforcement agencies.
    4) Regarding the Executive Dean’s diploma you may contact SGU
    5) Any other issues, our representatives are available by phone, email or LiveHelp during regular business hours in the campus as well as in Chicago Office. Those who believe that our office is located in an appartment /as sjsmstudent stated/ please take a look at the picture of the O'Hare Corporate Center, where besides our office, Advanced and Phillips are located as well. And those who cannot believe that the CMU/CIU campus is not the 2nd largest education facility in the Caribbean, please take a look at WTC photo from Google Earth.
    No matter what people are writing on ValueMD, CMU is a legitimate medical school and those who thing that by badmouthing CMU they can make it stop operating are totally wrong. They are just wasting their valuable time.
    Last edited by rlewkowski; 10-04-2007 at 01:49 AM.

  2. #2
    eastern2western is offline Senior Member 46 points
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,003
    Downloads
    10
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It looks like the temperature is going to boil again.
    1) The truth is cmu lacks of any approval from any of the 50 states and that will make it hard for future graduates to get licenses and find jobs. 2) It is so new that no a lot of lenders are willing to lend money to students who attend the school and that is why cmu has to offer its own loans to attract students
    3) Renting a couple of buildings in WTC does not make the place yours. 4) CMU does not offer the lowest price in the whole caribbean medical school community and the tuition it is asking for is quite expensive comparing to other schools that have been around much longer.
    Last edited by eastern2western; 10-04-2007 at 01:14 AM.

  3. #3
    rlewkowski's Avatar
    rlewkowski is offline Permanently Banned 510 points
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    multiple accounts
    Posts
    434
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Images
    196
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eastern2western View Post
    It looks like the temperature is going to boil again.
    1) The truth is cmu lacks of any approval from any of the 50 states and that will make it hard for future graduates to get licenses and find jobs in the states.
    2) It is so new that no a lot of lenders are willing to lend money to students who attend the school and that is why cmu has to offer its own loans to attract students.
    3) Renting a couple of buildings in WTC does not make the place yours. If it is true, then it does not make a lot of sense to waste so much empty space on very few students.
    4) CMU does not offer the lowest price in the whole caribbean medical school community and the tuition it is asking for is quite expensive for a start up.
    1) Let me just inform you that only 3 states /CA, FL, NY/ require state accreditation for graduates to be able to get licensed in those states. Please show me the approval of other schools that their graduates can get licensed in the remaining 47 states. You provided incorrect information!!!
    2) Not a lot of lenders? There is not a single lender that offers student loan to Caribbean medical schools after Sallie Mae dropped them. We don’t want to be affected by another lender discontinuing financial aid; therefore CMU along with MEMG obtained funds from European Financial Institution to allow our students to participate in MedLoan program. CMU acts only as a guarantor of the loan because we are absolutely sure that at least 60-70% of our students pass USMLE exams and get licensed. Any other school can very easily find a lender if they would be able to provide that guaranty. They just don’t want to take that risk. You provided incorrect information!!!
    3) Please call the management of WTC and ask them if CMU or CIU is renting any rooms in the complex. They will prove you wrong.
    4) The tuition fees cannot be the lowest in the Caribbean since we want to provide QUALITY EDUCATION. Anyone is free to choose a cheaper school. You Get What You Pay For!

    Your post simply proves my statement that majority of the posts on this forum are incorrect.
    Last edited by rlewkowski; 10-04-2007 at 01:33 AM.

  4. #4
    FireFighterMD's Avatar
    FireFighterMD is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    535
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    R.L , does Curaco have latinas ?
    DISCLAIMER : I HAVE NO FINANCIAL STAKE IN ANY ESABLISHMENT THAT OFFERS LATINA OPTIONS Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  5. #5
    eastern2western is offline Senior Member 46 points
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,003
    Downloads
    10
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlewkowski View Post
    1) Let me just inform you that only 3 states /CA, FL, NY/ require state accreditation for graduates to be able to get licensed in those states. Please show me the approval of other schools that their graduates can get licensed in the remaining 47 states. You provided incorrect information!!!
    2) Not a lot of lenders? There is not a single lender that offers student loan to Caribbean medical schools after Sallie Mae dropped them. We donít want to be affected by another lender discontinuing financial aid; therefore CMU along with MEMG obtained funds from European Financial Institution to allow our students to participate in MedLoan program. CMU acts only as a guarantor of the loan because we are absolutely sure that at least 60-70% of our students pass USMLE exams and get licensed. Any other school can very easily find a lender if they would be able to provide that guaranty. They just donít want to take that risk. You provided incorrect information!!!
    3) Please call the management of WTC and ask them if CMU or CIU is renting any rooms in the complex. They will prove you wrong.
    4) The tuition fees cannot be the lowest in the Caribbean since we want to provide QUALITY EDUCATION. Anyone is free to choose a cheaper school. You Get What You Pay For!

    Your post simply proves my statement that majority of the posts on this forum are incorrect.
    The horse is dead and I am not in the mood to beat it over and over again.

  6. #6
    FireFighterMD's Avatar
    FireFighterMD is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    535
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    [quote=eastern2western;680897]The horse is dead and I am not in the mood to beat it over and over again.[/quote]


    hmmm...so you don't fancy ??

    Yea I see your point tho ... its the same thing ..Teratos said what needed to be said has been said ..
    Last edited by stephew; 10-04-2007 at 09:00 AM.
    DISCLAIMER : I HAVE NO FINANCIAL STAKE IN ANY ESABLISHMENT THAT OFFERS LATINA OPTIONS Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  7. #7
    Scott1981's Avatar
    Scott1981 is offline Super Moderator 10511 points
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,769
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlewkowski View Post
    1) Let me just inform you that only 3 states /CA, FL, NY/ require state accreditation for graduates to be able to get licensed in those states. Please show me the approval of other schools that their graduates can get licensed in the remaining 47 states. You provided incorrect information!!!
    2) Not a lot of lenders? There is not a single lender that offers student loan to Caribbean medical schools after Sallie Mae dropped them. We donít want to be affected by another lender discontinuing financial aid; therefore CMU along with MEMG obtained funds from European Financial Institution to allow our students to participate in MedLoan program. CMU acts only as a guarantor of the loan because we are absolutely sure that at least 60-70% of our students pass USMLE exams and get licensed. Any other school can very easily find a lender if they would be able to provide that guaranty. They just donít want to take that risk. You provided incorrect information!!!
    3) Please call the management of WTC and ask them if CMU or CIU is renting any rooms in the complex. They will prove you wrong.
    4) The tuition fees cannot be the lowest in the Caribbean since we want to provide QUALITY EDUCATION. Anyone is free to choose a cheaper school. You Get What You Pay For!

    Your post simply proves my statement that majority of the posts on this forum are incorrect.
    dont forget oregon and every state that uses the cali list. you wouldnt want your students to get a misdemeanor.

    RL, its oct 4th already. its amazing that you still dont have a charter. when your students need to take step 1, are you going to instruct them to contact the curacao education dept too because of the continued case of the ghost charter?
    Last edited by Scott1981; 10-04-2007 at 07:05 AM.
    Board Certified
    Internal Medicine

    VMD Moderator

  8. #8
    stephew is offline Moderator Guru 512 points
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    21,867
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    have you honestly not learned that telling others what to think about this is the exact wrong way to go about things?
    Quote Originally Posted by rlewkowski View Post
    No matter what people are writing on ValueMD, CMU is a legitimate medical school and those who thing that by badmouthing CMU they can make it stop operating are totally wrong. They are just wasting their valuable time.
    Steph
    If you get a warning, put on yer manpants and stop whining about it.

  9. #9
    stephew is offline Moderator Guru 512 points
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    21,867
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    well this is probaly the first time google earth has been referenced as a source. It very least is a large parking lot. In any event size of the school and facilities is pretty way down on your list of means to evaluate this place for your medical education. pick your fights unless you need to distract from the real ones of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlewkowski View Post
    There were more than 50 individuals in U.S. who received the fraudulent check like you did. Majority of them called us since they didnít expect any payments from CMU. Some were trying to cash those checks at different banks and got arrested because they were trying to use checks that were forged. Evilsax is among few people who wanted to get some extra money for nothing and cashed the check and sent money to those scammers.
    Donít blame me or the school for it since we got affected by that scam as well. As I advised you Evilsax in response to your email, please contact your local police immediately or call Officer Gordon at (414) 935 7252, who investigates this case. You may also call our Chase business banker at (847) 673 5829 or Rosemont Police Department to confirm that those checks were forged and that we had filed a police report.
    As I see majority of the posts about CMU are false accusations, lies or incorrect information based on assumptions, bad intentions, lack of knowledge or rumors.
    Therefore:
    1) Regarding the charter please contact the Inspector General of Ministry of Education of Netherland Antilles at +(599) 9 434-3711. Link Onderwijs Inspectie Home
    2) Regarding the courses being valid for ECFMG certification, please contact ECFMG as Dr.Speed did: ďPlease be advised ECFMGģ will list a school in its International Medical Education Directory (IMED) only after we are notified by the ministry of health in that country that they recognize the medical school and from which date they began recognizing graduates of that medical school. Therefore it is not up to ECFMG whether the dates will be retroactive instead it is determined by the Ministry of Health in the country where the school is located.Ē - link to the post
    3) Regarding the checks please contact the aforementioned law enforcement agencies.
    4) Regarding the Executive Deanís diploma you may contact SGU
    5) Any other issues, our representatives are available by phone, email or LiveHelp during regular business hours in the campus as well as in Chicago Office. Those who believe that our office is located in an appartment /as sjsmstudent stated/ please take a look at the picture of the O'Hare Corporate Center, where besides our office, Advanced and Phillips are located as well. And those who cannot believe that the CMU/CIU campus is not the 2nd largest education facility in the Caribbean, please take a look at WTC photo from Google Earth.
    No matter what people are writing on ValueMD, CMU is a legitimate medical school and those who thing that by badmouthing CMU they can make it stop operating are totally wrong. They are just wasting their valuable time.
    Steph
    If you get a warning, put on yer manpants and stop whining about it.

  10. #10
    SChoir is offline Junior Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    46
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    RL-thank you for clearing up a ALOT. I think people need to present factual information or go find something else to do. I wish you could have done this sooner.

    RL is not lying. The office is indeed located where he says it is in Chicago. I went there. In addition, if you contact St. Georges University you will find that the Executive Dean DID in fact graduate from their institution in 2003.

    Further, I spoke with Officer Gordon and he is indeed investigating this scam of forgery. RL- this was due to the fact that on your website you have all of your banking informtion. If you are able, you may want to remove it for your security. That is why the scammers were able to reproduce checks. They simply used the banking information you have for public viewing online. There are people out there that do this for a living, and you gave them to the key by providing them with your banking information. Be careful.

    As far as the charter, has anyone visited this slow motion island? I did. They do everything SLOW SLOW SLOW. They grocery shop in slow motion, the talk in slow motion, they serve you food in slow motion- and that's a good thing in some aspects because we rush to do everything here in the US and suffer heart attacks and strokes.

    Anyone with facts, please support them as RL did with phone numbers, contacts, links, etc. Anyone with heresay- go read a book.
    Last edited by SChoir; 10-04-2007 at 02:08 PM.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Another source of questions? Help please
    By adam28 in forum USMLE Step 1 Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-29-2011, 05:32 PM
  2. Source
    By randhawa86 in forum Internal Medicine Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-13-2008, 02:31 PM
  3. Q & A source....
    By Thor in forum Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara (UAG)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-28-2004, 05:34 PM
  4. source for information about matching residencies and IMGs
    By andrea in forum Main Foreign Medical Schools Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-26-2004, 10:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •