Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Iam 17

  1. #1
    crystalbeachchai is offline Newbie 510 points
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Iam 17

    Advertisements



    And heard about Xavier Bonair. I have heard so many people say to me that i should'nt go there because i wont get back into Canada and that it will be a waste of time. I just need to know that these institutions are acredited and not a waste of time.

  2. #2
    SonnySays's Avatar
    SonnySays is offline Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    127
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You should have went to college and graduated before even looking into this mess.

    Don't mess up your life.
    "There's two ways to look at life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is" - Albert Einstein

  3. #3
    Dr. Dee is offline Newbie 510 points
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    A*town Texas, never mind Dallas
    Posts
    7
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SonnySays View Post
    You should have went to college and graduated before even looking into this mess.

    Don't mess up your life.
    Hey crystalbeachchai, who ever you are, please listen to me, going to college first does not mean anything. the only reason people say go to college first, is because over here in north america that is what you are expected to do but remember it is not what you have to do. onless you just feel like following the crowd then sure go ahead. college is mainly about being wild, and getting good grades. plain and simple.

    Just be sure med school is the path you want to take, and also take some study skills classes, that will help you alot.
    other than that just becarefull with the advices you recive on this site, some are biased oppions, and some are sincere, but still be smart, make your choice.

    and you do not have to take my advice, it is at you discretion...
    Last edited by Dr. Dee; 02-21-2007 at 02:54 PM.

  4. #4
    AUCMD2006's Avatar
    AUCMD2006 is offline Ultimate Member 6129 points
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    6,062
    Downloads
    6
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    way way off

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dee View Post
    Hey crystalbeachchai, who ever you are, please listen to me, going to college first does not mean anything. the only reason people say go to college first, is because over here in north america that is what you are expected to do but remember it is not what you have to do. onless you just feel like following the crowd then sure go ahead. college is mainly about being wild, and getting good grades. plain and simple.

    Just be sure med school is the path you want to take, and also take some study skills classes, that will help you alot.
    other than that just becarefull with the advices you recive on this site, some are biased oppions, and some are sincere, but still be smart, make your choice.

    and you do not have to take my advice, it is at you discretion...
    the reason people say to go to college first is because by getting good grades they can get into a US/canadian school and avoid thye mess that is offshore medical education. xavier is a new school no one knows what it will be
    AUCMD2006
    Bored Certified

  5. #5
    librarian is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    103
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    crystalbeachchai,

    You're young; you have plenty of time. Go to college. At least for a time. Make sure this is what you really want. Live a little . If you really think this is what you want, visit first to make sure. It is worth every penny to see first hand what Bonaire and Xavier are like. You may love it or you may hate it, but at least you'll know what you're getting into.

    Good luck to you.

  6. #6
    AmericanIMG's Avatar
    AmericanIMG is offline Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    7,909
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dee View Post
    Hey crystalbeachchai, who ever you are, please listen to me, going to college first does not mean anything. the only reason people say go to college first, is because over here in north america that is what you are expected to do but remember it is not what you have to do. onless you just feel like following the crowd then sure go ahead. college is mainly about being wild, and getting good grades. plain and simple.

    Just be sure med school is the path you want to take, and also take some study skills classes, that will help you alot.
    other than that just becarefull with the advices you recive on this site, some are biased oppions, and some are sincere, but still be smart, make your choice.

    and you do not have to take my advice, it is at you discretion...
    umm actually many states require an undergrad degree/90 units of college education in order to fulfill license requirements. look into this before jumping in headfirst.
    but remember that, even when those who move you be kings or men of power, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God you cannot say "but I was told by others to do thus" or that "virtue was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice. Remember that.

  7. #7
    Singh23 is offline Junior Member 511 points
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    78
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    can you post the link to check which states require you to have 90 credit hours/undergrad degree to get a license, thanks

  8. #8
    Zut Alors!'s Avatar
    Zut Alors! is offline Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    310
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Singh23 View Post
    can you post the link to check which states require you to have 90 credit hours/undergrad degree to get a license, thanks
    I tried finding a comprehensive list, but one does not exist to my knowledge. I asked about this over @ another forum (studentdoc.com), and CaribMD, a moderator, shed some light on the subject. I'm pretty much assuming 90% of states want you to have at least 90 credits.

  9. #9
    DOC.p's Avatar
    DOC.p is offline Super Moderator 7191 points
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,843
    Downloads
    11
    Uploads
    0
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanIMG View Post
    umm actually many states require an undergrad degree/90 units of college education in order to fulfill license requirements. look into this before jumping in headfirst.
    this is true, i have no idea what dr. dee is talking about but if you don't want to cause potential problems during licensure, at least finish your 90 credits
    M.D.

  10. #10
    nucleolus is offline Newbie 510 points
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    true, and that's why....

    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanIMG View Post
    umm actually many states require an undergrad degree/90 units of college education in order to fulfill license requirements. look into this before jumping in headfirst.

    Xavier Bonaire offers undergrad courses- their undergrad program (4 semesters) equals 90 credit hours of undergraduate coursework.

    Furthermore, it's important to realize who is running any given offshore medical school.

    The owners of Xavier Bonaire, including the majority of the individuals on their Board of Trustees, are physicians (M.D.s) practicing and teaching medicine in the U.S. I know this because I met them all at three of their informational seminars (two in Chicago and one in Toronto).

    I clearly did my homework before deciding to go to Xavier Bonaire. I guarantee that an overwhelming majority of other Caribbean med schools, regardless of how excellent they may be, cannot say that the majority of the members on their board of trustees, including their CEO, are physicians legally practicing medicine in the U.S.
    Last edited by nucleolus; 03-23-2007 at 09:37 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •