Sponsored Links
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    JaggedIce is offline Newbie 510 points
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    17
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Housing for Pre-Med

    Advertisements



    I know students are required to live in the student housing for the first 2 semesters.
    How far is it from campus?
    Is a car necessary?
    Is the bus transportation sufficient?
    How do the most of you get to and from class?

    Thank You!

  2. #2
    Cyberia is offline Senior Member 515 points
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    693
    Downloads
    11
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    All of these questions are answered in the forums..you should really just use the search function. Housing is spread over the island..so i cant give you an exact distance on how far away housing is...Most students take the bus while they're in student housing..and buy/rent a car (very expensive) when they move to independent housing.

  3. #3
    JaggedIce is offline Newbie 510 points
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    17
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberia View Post
    All of these questions are answered in the forums..you should really just use the search function. Housing is spread over the island..so i cant give you an exact distance on how far away housing is...Most students take the bus while they're in student housing..and buy/rent a car (very expensive) when they move to independent housing.
    will you be moving to independent housing after your 2 semesters? Or can you stay in the student housing the entire time?

  4. #4
    Cyberia is offline Senior Member 515 points
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    693
    Downloads
    11
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JaggedIce View Post
    will you be moving to independent housing after your 2 semesters? Or can you stay in the student housing the entire time?
    You can usually stay in student housing IF you're under 21..after 21, you pretty much have to move out into independent housing. Note the word usually..it's all dependent on how big the need is for the next class. You can also try to apply to stay in housing for a 3rd semester, but again..it's based on need. (I can tell you that last semester..housing sent an email saying that if you were over 21, you would not be allowed to stay in housing since the sept class was so large).

  5. #5
    JaggedIce is offline Newbie 510 points
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    17
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberia View Post
    You can usually stay in student housing IF you're under 21..after 21, you pretty much have to move out into independent housing. Note the word usually..it's all dependent on how big the need is for the next class. You can also try to apply to stay in housing for a 3rd semester, but again..it's based on need. (I can tell you that last semester..housing sent an email saying that if you were over 21, you would not be allowed to stay in housing since the sept class was so large).
    Oh wow, that's interesting! It seems difficult to adjust, but I'm sure once you actually get there, it's easier to settle down in a place where a lot students stay and whatnot

Similar Threads

  1. off-campus housing? / grand anse singles? / married student housing?
    By johnspirit in forum St. Georges University School of Medicine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-04-2012, 02:48 PM
  2. Free housing October CS Kaplan Pasadena housing accommdation
    By drflyinfish007 in forum USMLE STEP 2 CS Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-05-2011, 12:04 PM
  3. Housing at Ross vs Housing at SGU
    By Alamgirian6329 in forum Ross University School of Medicine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-11-2009, 08:03 PM
  4. Which housing is better?: University Housing, Mandalay, or Utopia.
    By jabee_usm in forum American University of Antigua (AUA)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-26-2009, 03:47 PM
  5. Circulating news of change of students ability to elect housing or leave aua housing?
    By Whatisgoingon? in forum American University of Antigua (AUA)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-10-2009, 09:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •