Sponsored Links
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    kaybam20 is offline Junior Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    38
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Cardiology at JPH Chicago

    Advertisements



    Has anyone done this rotation?

    What are the hours and what should I expect from it? Any recommendations


    Thanks!

  2. #2
    iwanabmd is offline Member 516 points
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    492
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    JPH cards

    if its the cardio rotation I saw while I was there... expect awful. The hours in general at JPH are awful. the cardio doc rounds at like 7 am, so u need to be there before 6. and your there til 3 or 4ish.
    STEP 1 [X] STEP 2 [X] STEP 3[X] PGY - 1 [X] PGY-2 [*]

  3. #3
    kaybam20 is offline Junior Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    38
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iwanabmd View Post
    if its the cardio rotation I saw while I was there... expect awful. The hours in general at JPH are awful. the cardio doc rounds at like 7 am, so u need to be there before 6. and your there til 3 or 4ish.
    Thanks for the reply. I just want a good experience, the more work, the better. I dont know anyone in Chicago, and I dont want to be bored for the most part. So more work and more knowledge is prolly going to be good for me.

    Do you have any recommendations? any more tips? Books needed?

    Any info is appreciated at this point? Also, it doesnt seem like the rotation is green? Should I be worried? And who am I going to be working with, do you know?

    Thanks!

  4. #4
    shayloure is offline Senior Member 511 points
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    800
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Keep in mind that even though the school has assigned you to be at Jackson Park, the coordinator there may put you at another hospital or clinic, but Jackson Park Hospital will be on your transcript. For instance, for Family Medicine I was put with a doctor who's clinic is in Woodridge, IL (a west side suburb). But there are other some AUA students were actually assigned to a doctor at JPH. You might want to ask the JPH coordinator if your rotation will actually be at Jackson Park and if so, with whom.

  5. #5
    kaybam20 is offline Junior Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    38
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shayloure View Post
    Keep in mind that even though the school has assigned you to be at Jackson Park, the coordinator there may put you at another hospital or clinic, but Jackson Park Hospital will be on your transcript. For instance, for Family Medicine I was put with a doctor who's clinic is in Woodridge, IL (a west side suburb). But there are other some AUA students were actually assigned to a doctor at JPH. You might want to ask the JPH coordinator if your rotation will actually be at Jackson Park and if so, with whom.
    Thank you very much.

    Do you know if its green? should I be worried.

    Did you do this rotation?

  6. #6
    md12886 is offline Member 510 points
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    337
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kaybam20 View Post
    Thank you very much.

    Do you know if its green? should I be worried.

    Did you do this rotation?
    I am currently doing FM at the hospital and know many friends who are doing cardiology elective. I don't think Cardiology is greenbook at JPH. If you are assigned cardio at the hospital, you will either have Dr. K or Dr. M. Dr. K is old-school and has long hours (6:30 to 3) while Dr M has short hours and good at teaching his students.

  7. #7
    shayloure is offline Senior Member 511 points
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    800
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The only greenbook rotation technically at JPH is Family Medicine. Because of the Family Medicine umbrella, you're able to do other rotations at Jackson Park. Keep in mind that not all states consider rotations done under the family medicine umbrella to be greenbook, but there are some states that do. What you need to do is call the state medical boards of states you are considering practicing in and ask them what there requirements are.

Similar Threads

  1. USMLE step 1 tutoring in Chicago or North Chicago land / suburb
    By mdphdneuro in forum USMLE Classifieds
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-19-2011, 01:44 PM
  2. June6 Date Chicago-trade For June26-july2 Chicago
    By rockchico in forum USMLE STEP 2 CS Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-07-2008, 12:47 PM
  3. cardiology
    By drj2b in forum Medical University of the Americas (MUA) Nevis
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-07-2006, 04:31 PM
  4. Beautiful Condo For Rent in Chicago Suburbs or Chicago - Ide
    By gtcipolla in forum Main Apartment Exchange
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-15-2004, 03:10 PM
  5. Cardiology Q
    By Anonymous in forum USMLE STEP 3 Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-15-2004, 07:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •