PDA

View Full Version : All US states do not recognize IUHS Grads - Do Not be Fooled

acceptedtoiuhs
11-18-2003, 08:18 PM
I was accepted to IUHS for their distance learning program. I was informed that there might be problems with licensure in the U.S. following a residency program. This information was correct! I contacted the medical boards of New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and New York. I sent a letter to the NH Medical Board describing IUHS and their program, and the members of the NH Medical Board reviewed the IUHS program at length and said they would not license students who graduated under the distance learning program. Of interest, NH is one of the easiest states for foreign medical graduates to obtain a license. Massachusetts said the same thing but went further in saying that they do not license foreign medical students unless they are board certified practitioners first in another state. New York gave a similar story.

If you want to practice in the U.S. (I'm not talking about doing a residency in the U.S.), check with the individual states' medical boards and give them a complete description of IUHS' program before spending your money.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.