PDA

View Full Version : thank God and all of you ;)))) passed LA 6 Dec

tigran
01-22-2006, 10:17 PM
Exam Dec 6 2005 in Los Angeles
USMLE Transcript (ERAS) 01-18-2006 01:36 pm
ECFMG Status Report (ERAS) 01-18-2006 05:42 pm
OASIS update 01-19-2006 01:00 pm (pacific time)

I took 2ck on Sept 28, got results after4 weeks – 91

studied 1,5 mo for 2cs (kaplan book + first aid, practiced with different people about 60 cases)…Did not go to kaplan!!! As you practice more and more whole thing will became like routine...you will do it automatically without even thinking.
Before entering room do following (will take 1 min but worthy):
- on top of the list write patients name and only abnormal vital signs,
- in middle left area circle big oval space, split it in two columns for writing positive and negative findings of HPI
- in right middle area make column with vertical abbreviation
P-
A-
M-

H-
R-

F-
O-
S-
S-
- in lower left corner list probable 4-5 diff diagnoses ( take in consideration age and gender)
- in lower right corner draw a small circle– area were you will put later “counselting themes” related to complains and age (found during the encounter)

………………..then knock and enter...

When you write down the patient’s note make sure you have “Design”. Split it down to HPI, PMH, Med, alerg, General descrip, VT, Neuro, Cardio, Pulmo…. Etc
Patient Note has to be STRUCTURAL-classified

Sometimes you will have to mention Treatment in the work-up table, but be careful (you can not list treatment there)
If you have to do it - DO IT LIKE THAT: for Trichomonas patient – write: TRIAL TREATMENT with Metronidasole (including trial tertment of the partner)

Now, in 2006, timing for step 2cs is mainly related to when you are going to apply for residency Whole thing studying + waiting might take more then 3 mo. I think it is OK to take CS before 2ck
I took it on Dec 3, 2005 ,,,applied for residency, got 1 interview only (applied to 20 ortho, 3 prelim programs). I hope will get my results in Jan. or I am dead for 2006 year......

I did many mistakes like forgot to do Romberg, chanf plastic tips for otoscope once, forgot to ask OBGYN and advise to use condoms in patient with STD…. lets see what will happen

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.