PDA

View Full Version : Universite Elhadji Ibrahima Niasse - St. Christopher's COM

bts4202
01-22-2006, 11:12 AM
New website for all to critique:

Can access from the home page of stchris.edu (http://stchris.edu/home.php)

Or directly: http://www.uein.sn/ (english version is not complete, use babelfish or another translator to read)

Shows inauguration of the university in 2003 (not specifically the COM)

Shows projects in progress: colleges of Agriculture, buissness management, english, and theology.

azskeptic
01-22-2006, 06:05 PM
New website for all to critique:

Can access from the home page of stchris.edu (http://stchris.edu/home.php)

Or directly: http://www.uein.sn/ (english version is not complete, use babelfish or another translator to read)

Shows inauguration of the university in 2003 (not specifically the COM)

Shows projects in progress: colleges of Agriculture, buissness management, english, and theology. Got any pictures of the St. Chris medical school in Senegal 2000-2003?

empathy
01-22-2006, 06:55 PM
How 'bout from 1998 - 2000?

bts4202
01-22-2006, 07:19 PM
Got any pictures of the St. Chris medical school in Senegal 2000-2003?\

the gmc has a copy of the charter from 2000-2003, that should be sufficient.

empathy
01-22-2006, 07:29 PM
This is just a student forum on the internet. And we are all just a bunch of strangers. Anything can be said and read. Where can students go to see a copy of the charter first hand? This will put a lot of their fears to rest. Also, the school opened in 1998. Was there a charter at that time or were they just laying the ground work to become a college. I know it takes time to hire qualified teachers, etc.

\

the gmc has a copy of the charter from 2000-2003, that should be sufficient.

azskeptic
01-22-2006, 07:37 PM
\

the gmc has a copy of the charter from 2000-2003, that should be sufficient. To make everyone understand though, show us some pictures of the actual school. Did it exist? Show us the students at study.

bts4202
01-22-2006, 07:57 PM
To make everyone understand though, show us some pictures of the actual school. Did it exist? Show us the students at study.

Unfortunately, your understanding is not essential. Only official recognition of valid accreditation is essential. The GMC is looking at legal documents, rather than random pictures, and will make an official judgement. A GMC decision in SC's favor would supercede any pictures or lack thereof.

azskeptic
01-22-2006, 08:04 PM
Unfortunately, your understanding is not essential. Only official recognition of valid accreditation is essential. The GMC is looking at legal documents, rather than random pictures, and will make an official judgement. A GMC decision in SC's favor would supercede any pictures or lack thereof. Its ok BTS. I understand why you want to avoid this issue and it probably impossible to do. Agreed, GMC is going to settle it for the UK since it is their job.

empathy
01-23-2006, 06:42 PM
They rec'd their WHO listing in 2000. They had to have the backing of Senegal to get the listing and Senegal would not have req. the listing without a Charter. So thus they had a Charter in 2000.

azskeptic
01-23-2006, 08:17 PM
They rec'd their WHO listing in 2000. They had to have the backing of Senegal to get the listing and Senegal would not have req. the listing without a Charter. So thus they had a Charter in 2000. Sure, shouldn't be a problem to show us pictures of the schools and the graduates who graduated there in senegal?

empathy
01-23-2006, 09:55 PM
I see what you are saying now. If you go to yahoo and search images...put in St. Christopher's College of Medicine...you get pictures of Luton activities...nothing from Africa. Where are the pictures of the graduations that occured at the main campus in Africa. I checked out the school D. listed here and it seems to be something different entirely. It's french and under a different educational system. The two schools are not run the same. St. Chris is only allowed to operate in England as a branch campus so the question now is where is the main campus? A main campus has to be a 'like' campus only larger.

Sure, shouldn't be a problem to show us pictures of the schools and the graduates who graduated there in senegal?

jpryor
01-24-2006, 07:13 AM
A main campus has to be a 'like' campus only larger.

I'd like to see the book that you and Az are pulling these "rules" from.

empathy
01-24-2006, 07:23 PM
Check out the guidelines for squatter med schools in the UK. No individual, organization or outside government can simply take out a business license and run their own show in England.

I'd like to see the book that you and Az are pulling these "rules" from.

jpryor
01-25-2006, 07:02 AM
"Guidelines for squatter med schools in the UK"? You seem to have appointed yourself an authority, so what/where are these guidelines so the rest of us can see them?

bts4202
01-25-2006, 01:29 PM
I fail to see how pictures will be of more value than the GMC official investigation and ruling. I hope you know that if the GMC rules in favor of st chris, your incessant requests for proof of a charter from 2000 will be a moot point.

azskeptic
01-25-2006, 01:38 PM
I fail to see how pictures will be of more value than the GMC official investigation and ruling. I hope you know that if the GMC rules in favor of st chris, your incessant requests for proof of a charter from 2000 will be a moot point. Whatever, the GMC rules will indeed answer the questions for the UK. We all await their ruling indeed.

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.