PDA

View Full Version : SABA SOs out there?

thedirtychemist
01-13-2006, 10:37 PM
Hello all,

I will be attending SABA in September 2006 and Mrs. thedirtychemist will be joining me. I am very concerned about her well being and for her to have a not-so-hard time on the island while I attend to my studies.

what type of activities are available for spouses?

Thanks all.

grace
01-18-2006, 02:29 AM
Hello all,

I will be attending SABA in September 2006 and Mrs. thedirtychemist will be joining me. I am very concerned about her well being and for her to have a not-so-hard time on the island while I attend to my studies.

what type of activities are available for spouses?

Thanks all.

Does your wife like being called Mrs. thedirtychemist?

Check this out...

SIGNIFICANT OTHERS OF SABA (S.O.S)
The SOS is a support network of spouses and significant others of medical students and faculty members. The organization elects officers each term and sponsors a number of projects, including a formal banquet, a bulk food ordering program, and a children's Halloween Party. SOS members meet all new students with families and provide a survival kit of food and other necessities to help a family through the initial adjustment to island life. They can be reached via email at [email protected] ([email protected]).

omega's
02-04-2006, 10:46 AM
The SOS group here is fantastic. Which is great because it's a virtual must for spouses to be connected with other spouses (otherwise, it's a pretty quick trip to the nut house for them).

They went above and beyond for us when we arrived. I would GREATLY encourage you to get here early. It will make a difference in getting to know others, especially spouses, rather than being one of many new people hitting the island at the same time. We got here beginning of Dec. for Jan start and it made all the difference.

Feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to put you your bride in touch with mine. She's happy to fill others in on our experience, what to bring, what not to, etc.

Take care.

lacycakes
05-06-2006, 02:48 PM
Hey there,
I'm here on Saba, and my husband is in fourth semester so we will be here when you come in September. You can contact the SOS at [email protected] or there is a link on the saba.edu (http://www.saba.edu) site and I can try to answer any questions you or your wife may have. I love the island and the SOS definetely helped me with my adjustment and time here.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.