PDA

View Full Version : US Run School?

empathy
01-13-2006, 11:06 PM
This article makes it sound like St. Chris is a US run school?

http://www.lutontoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=547&ArticleID=662733

studentMD
01-14-2006, 03:59 AM
should note that this article is old.. from 2003.

empathy
01-14-2006, 02:26 PM
It is still out on the internet. St. Chris is not a US run school. US authorities do not recognize St. Chris.

medox
01-14-2006, 02:50 PM
Why wasn't it corrected?

Just so to get on the nerves of people like you. :p

just kidding, just kidding. Dude, wait and see what the GMC investigation concludes instead of looking for a new way to bash the school each day.

we know...you're not bashing the school, you're "looking out for the students" :rolleyes:

carry on...

empathy
01-14-2006, 06:23 PM
This really needs to be cleared up so that people are not mislead. The article is still out there.

stephew
01-14-2006, 07:11 PM
I hate to tell you but just about all of the schools will let something slide if its to their advantage. You have to pick your fights and this isn't it.

smoohead
01-14-2006, 08:05 PM
You've been called out on this one empathy. You're just being silly :-/ With all due respect, please stop. And yeah, I know you totally know the meaning of 'bashing' too... :-P

neilc
01-14-2006, 09:43 PM
how does one know when a post about st chris is really, really irrelevent?

when even neilc doesn't jump in! :)

i think this is really scraping the bottom of the barrell....empathy did give it the old college try, though! better luck next time;)

microphage
01-14-2006, 11:53 PM
THe less SC regulars post.. the more quiet this forum is....

Where is IDOM and mtt when you need them...

AUCMD2006
01-14-2006, 11:58 PM
but it is a US run school, their office is in jersey AND they have a PO box in florida

teratos
01-15-2006, 08:24 AM
but it is a US run school, their office is in jersey AND they have a PO box in florida

That is correct. Much in the way Toyota will never be considered an American car by most people, even though most in the US are made here.....

smoohead
01-15-2006, 08:26 AM
But the caribbean schools I applied to as well as Hope Medical Institute ( in Poland ) also had US offices and PO boxes...

teratos
01-15-2006, 09:02 AM
But the caribbean schools I applied to as well as Hope Medical Institute ( in Poland ) also had US offices and PO boxes...

A post office box is different from having much of your operations in a particular country. For example, most of the administration of AUC is in Florida, it is more than just a P.O. Box. G

empathy
01-15-2006, 11:12 AM
Rarely do we see claims like this in print.

OLDPRO
01-15-2006, 11:18 AM
But it's proof of the kind of claims they make. Rarely do we see these things in print. Mostly they are said in private offices, underground, via phone and email. Then, we hear about it second hand from students after they have found out the truth and transferred to another school.

Like I said the more things that come out into the open and are resolved honestly the better shot these kids and this college have at a future. Sweeping things under the rug doesn't work -- eventually, they'll make their way out into the open. Need proof: the BBC Report. I don't want someone to receive a degree that can't provide them with the future they've always dreamed of having and I don't want to see this college get itself shut down. Bring everything out into the open and St. Chris will have a 'real' shot at going on and becoming all that they already claim to be. Nothing built on lies will stand.

Empathy, not in defense of the school in no way, but all the Carib schools have US offices and for the most part looking to recuit US students. The news article was independent of the school and 3 years old. It never stated "US SCHOOL" just that the students were from the US, which at that time was 1000% accuate, also the GMC accepted the grads for limited registration at that time. It is really not proof of anything. IMO

smoohead
01-15-2006, 12:58 PM
oooh, ok. I see what you mean. Thanks for clarifying that :)

A post office box is different from having much of your operations in a particular country. For example, most of the administration of AUC is in Florida, it is more than just a P.O. Box. G

AUCMD2006
01-15-2006, 05:46 PM
all of our schools are US run, their target student is a US citizen so they all have invested money in keeping operations in the states and staff admin that usually have experience running US schools.

empathy
01-15-2006, 07:56 PM
We'll go with that. Next topic.

:chatter:

all of our schools are US run, their target student is a US citizen so they all have invested money in keeping operations in the states and staff admin that usually have experience running US schools.

Bhoot
01-20-2006, 08:55 AM
The internet is nothing more than a huge, virtual graffiti board. Anyone can post anything, and if you have ever done an address or check for a phone number, you will find tons of outdated (thus incorrect) information. Who are you kidding that it should be "corrected"? I've had articles written about me, which listed me as a "registered LPN" due to the ignorance of the author, not a conspiracy or attempt at deception.

empathy
01-20-2006, 12:41 PM
Thank you! Enjoy your weekend.

The internet is nothing more than a huge, virtual graffiti board. Anyone can post anything, and if you have ever done an address or check for a phone number, you will find tons of outdated (thus incorrect) information. Who are you kidding that it should be "corrected"? I've had articles written about me, which listed me as a "registered LPN" due to the ignorance of the author, not a conspiracy or attempt at deception.

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.