PDA

View Full Version : OB greenbook core rotation needed

orangecrush
01-06-2006, 08:23 AM
Hey,

I have tried to find a greenbook OB core rotation and have been led to believe that there is not one available to St. Chris students right now. I have called the school a billion times to check and see if there is a new OB core rotation yet...to no avail. Anyone have any ideas as to where I can get a rotation for this summer? I don't want a rotation in OB that is under a family practice residency program.

PM me please.

bts4202
01-06-2006, 12:34 PM
Hey,

I have tried to find a greenbook OB core rotation and have been led to believe that there is not one available to St. Chris students right now. I have called the school a billion times to check and see if there is a new OB core rotation yet...to no avail. Anyone have any ideas as to where I can get a rotation for this summer? I don't want a rotation in OB that is under a family practice residency program.

PM me please.

It seems like OB/GYN rotations are hard to come by these days for foriegn students. In my rotations, I met a couple Ross students who had to wait over a year for their OB/GYN rotation. In fact, it was going to end up being 2 peoples very last rotation (yes, even after electives). good luck, you may have sign up well in advance.

Tritonesub
01-06-2006, 02:09 PM
You should try to get in touch with Dr. Lue in Atlanta @ Atlanta Med Center. He offers an OB/GYN core with affiliations to Emory. He works thru GMC group. I'm not sure if he is taking St. Chris students anymore because he might have signed a contract with xaivier. But its worth a try. Good clinical experience and freindly atmosphere.

teratos
01-06-2006, 02:11 PM
OB and pediatrics were always the sticking points for AUC clinicals as well. G

AUCMD2006
01-06-2006, 02:32 PM
atlanta medical center no longer takes ANy foreign students because of GMC.*

double check this is what has been posted on this site

bts4202
01-06-2006, 03:31 PM
atlanta medical center no longer takes ANy foreign students because of GMC.*

double check this is what has been posted on this site

GMC in this case is Graduate Medical Consultants (or whatever), the group started by the SMU grad to put foriegn students in clinicals.

orangecrush
01-08-2006, 04:25 PM
so far, only comments, no help yet!

Can't find any greenbook OB/GYN rotation in the USA at any point. The school currently does not have one. Can't go to England, because of the suspension of clinical rotations there. Anyone from other schools know of a place where I can find an OB/GYN greenbook rotation?

empathy
01-08-2006, 04:37 PM
Correct this for us...who owns the GMC? Is this the same group you guys were discussing in the president of St. Chris's other business venture forum...Xavier?

http://www.valuemd.com/xavier-medical-school/43157-xavier-gmc.html

GMC in this case is Graduate Medical Consultants (or whatever), the group started by the SMU grad to put foriegn students in clinicals.

Tritonesub
01-08-2006, 07:59 PM
Yeah its the same guy

Tritonesub
01-08-2006, 08:03 PM
But Xavier has no affiliation with St. Chris. St. Chris used to have an affiliation with GMC group which arranged clinicals for its (st. chris) students.

AUCMD2006
01-08-2006, 08:18 PM
what about doing them in senegal? the school has another branch there right? so why not do it there?

Tritonesub
01-09-2006, 10:09 AM
Why not... if you dont mind getting shot at and speak fluent french.

orangecrush
01-09-2006, 10:50 AM
If you are not here to help, go somewhere else....

AUCMD2006
01-09-2006, 08:20 PM
i was actuaslly being serious. isn't another student going soon according to bts? it can't be that bad.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.