PDA

View Full Version : NYS Approval / Other questions

Jumanji
01-02-2006, 04:56 AM
Does anyone know if and when Xavier is going to undergo NYS approval process for clinical clerkships ? ... Can any current students shed some light on USMLE pass rates of the inagural class? Would anyone care to comment on the facilities upgrade mentioned on other threads (I.E. 30,000 + Sq. ft state of the art facilities ?)

Thanks in advance.

maximillian genossa
01-02-2006, 02:05 PM
Does anyone know if and when Xavier is going to undergo NYS approval process for clinical clerkships ?

That can only be answered by the authorities in NYS who bear the final answer to that, the school may give you the information they want you to hear. Check with NY.

Does anyone know if and when Xavier is going to undergo NYS approval process for clinical clerkships ? ... Can any current students shed some light on USMLE pass rates of the inagural class? Would anyone care to comment on the facilities upgrade mentioned on other threads (I.E. 30,000 + Sq. ft state of the art facilities ?)

Thanks in advance.

empathy
01-06-2006, 11:31 AM
We have a new volunteer 'dar2' - he lives in New York. He'll look into this for you on Tues.

Jumanji
01-06-2006, 12:45 PM
Thank you Empathy... I appreciate that. Also, I contacted NJ medical board and they said they do allow Xavier students to practice there.

We have a new volunteer 'dar2' - he lives in New York. He'll look into this for you on Tues.

Xavier Admissions
01-09-2006, 11:03 AM
Application New York State Approval is atleast 1-2 years in the future.
The laws of NewYork allow Xavier medical students to do rotations, residency and obtain liscensure. The catch is that you are NOT ALLOWED TO COMPLETE MORE THAN 12 WEEKS OF ROTATIONS IN NEW YORK AND STILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR LISCENSURE IN NEW YORK.

Jumanji
01-09-2006, 11:37 AM
My understanding is that if you limit yourself to 12 weeks of rotation in NY and NOT do residency there, you're eligible for licensure later. Is this correct ?

Xavier Admissions
01-09-2006, 12:01 PM
My understanding is that if you limit yourself to 12 weeks of rotation in NY and NOT do residency there, you're eligible for licensure later. Is this correct ?

I believe this to be correct.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.