PDA

View Full Version : Iranian students

ali_mei2001
12-29-2005, 11:54 AM
Hey guys does anyone know if any Iranians attend to st christophers?

hks0209
12-29-2005, 01:56 PM
not that this is what you were looking for, BUTTTT, my ancestors were iranian...haha...that's the best i can do for you. oh actually, hold up....there IS one guy from either iran or iraq, but i dont remember if he was 4th semester or not. he might not be there anymore. he's a really good guy though. i wont be telling his name and info out on here, but PM me or whatever if you want.

ali_mei2001
12-29-2005, 03:38 PM
well thanx but im looking for someone who is directly from iran :)

FrenchFrie
01-02-2006, 05:32 AM
yeah theres a bunch of iroonies

ali_mei2001
01-02-2006, 08:33 AM
yeah theres a bunch of iroonies

Thanx FrenchFire. do u think ill be able to get in touch with any of them?

Skipper
01-02-2006, 01:21 PM
i guess picking a med school on the bases of how many iranians are there is the best way of picking!

skipper

ali_mei2001
01-02-2006, 02:31 PM
i guess picking a med school on the bases of how many iranians are there is the best way of picking!

skipper

Yes I am perfectly aware of that fact. I need to speak to them about some issues regarding practising in Iran which I'm sure you or any other non-iranian students would have no idea about. Got it?!

Skipper
01-02-2006, 02:57 PM
well why didnt you state that---

the way you stated it made it seem like you cannot go to school unless there are iranians for you to be around

skipper

TAFKA
01-02-2006, 03:00 PM
edited to remove text

ali_mei2001
01-02-2006, 03:20 PM
well why didnt you state that---

the way you stated it made it seem like you cannot go to school unless there are iranians for you to be around

skipper

well I didn't know that I was supposed to mention every single detail of my query. It's very simple.whatever the reason I just need to get in touch with an Iranian student who is attending st christophers. I don't understand why some people always try to twist things around!!!

ali_mei2001
01-02-2006, 03:23 PM
This is a good example of how the core nucleus of the VMD faithful think... they see things their way and their way only! A rough rule of thumb you can use here is that the number of posts an individual has is inversely proportional to their impartialty. The more someone posts, the greater the likelihood that they have an agenda (and a fairly popular agenda around here is anti-St. Chris). At over 1800 total posts and over 2.7 EVERY DAY, it's safe to assume that AssyrianSkipper is "selling something." Oh wait, he actually is selling clothing.

Good luck, Ali... I hope you join us at St. Chris.

Thanx TAFKA.

neilc
01-02-2006, 03:27 PM
This is a good example of how the core nucleus of the VMD faithful think... they see things their way and their way only! A rough rule of thumb you can use here is that the number of posts an individual has is inversely proportional to their impartialty. The more someone posts, the greater the likelihood that they have an agenda (and a fairly popular agenda around here is anti-St. Chris). At over 1800 total posts and over 2.7 EVERY DAY, it's safe to assume that AssyrianSkipper is "selling something." Oh wait, he actually is selling clothing.

hahahahaa! i love it....we have an "agenda" against st chris now. it has nothing to do with the fact that the school is facing huge challenges to its legitimacy, and has always had credibility issues. that is rich!

when in doubt, attack the messenger, ****. you learned plenty at st chris.

to the OP: if you are looking for specific info, it is best to post it so you get a better answer. for example, if you are interested in licensing in Iran, you should just ask. somebody may have good info for you, and just not be interested in replying this sort of thread. at first glance it looked like a social thread to me, not a real info gathering thread. best of luck to you.

TAFKA
01-02-2006, 03:30 PM
edited to remove text

neilc
01-02-2006, 03:34 PM
Now we're up to over 2300 posts...

and not so ashamed of them that i have to delete them all and change my name....

teratos
01-02-2006, 04:03 PM

I will concede that there are some individuals out there with and anti-SC agenda. It isn't hard to figure out who they are. Saying anyone with a high post count isn't impartial really isn't fair. I just don't see it. If you can find some of my partiality, I would appreciate if you would point it out. I would like to correct it in the name of fairness. G

Rico
01-02-2006, 04:33 PM
Ali,

the best place to ask is " Vezarate Oloom " , Ministry of Science in Iran to see whether you will be able to practice or not.
Eventhough I don;t wanna practice in Iran , but I remembered my dad asked them for SGU.

PM me if you need more help,

Rico

bts4202
01-02-2006, 05:25 PM
well I didn't know that I was supposed to mention every single detail of my query. It's very simple.whatever the reason I just need to get in touch with an Iranian student who is attending st christophers. I don't understand why some people always try to twist things around!!!

I apologize that you have to put up with people treating you this way over a very simple question. Who cares why you wish to speak to iranian students, you asked to speak to them and the students who are actually from st chris tried to help you. The others just came in to have a little fun and "stir the pot", so to speak. Ignore them if you can.

I would contact the admin, they would be more than happy to help find a couple iranian students for you to chat with. Contact:

http://stchris.edu/contact.php

If the NJ office is not helpful, try the UK office, they have hundreds of students on campus (when school starts back) so they may be more helpful in this regard.

maximillian genossa
01-02-2006, 05:32 PM
Because they have nothing better to do.

ali_mei2001
01-02-2006, 05:32 PM
I apologize that you have to put up with people treating you this way over a very simple question. Who cares why you wish to speak to iranian students, you asked to speak to them and the students who are actually from st chris tried to help you. The others just came in to have a little fun and "stir the pot", so to speak. Ignore them if you can.

I would contact the admin, they would be more than happy to help find a couple iranian students for you to chat with. Contact:

If the NJ office is not helpful, try the UK office, they have hundreds of students on campus (when school starts back) so they may be more helpful in this regard.
Thanks very much bts4202. I really appreciate it.:)

TAFKA
01-02-2006, 10:24 PM
edited to remove text

Skipper
01-02-2006, 10:39 PM
what is my agenda TAFKA?

skipper

teratos
01-03-2006, 05:05 AM
G - i wasn't referring to you... i was referring to the neilcs, picards, assyrianskippers, and azskeptics who all clearly have agenda... it's people like you and stephew who make the post count-partialty rule a "rough" rule rather than a steadfast rule. and i can't even begin to apply any kind of rule to microphage...

It's better not to try. G

ali_mei2001
01-03-2006, 07:28 AM

I just contacted the SCCM to ask to be reffered to an iranian student but they said they can't do that because of the data protection act!!!!! But why?? Tha's what universities do all the time reffering prospective students to the current students. is that not true?:confused: :confused:

Tritonesub
01-03-2006, 11:05 AM
they wont give you anyones email. but if you ask to be contacted by an iranian student they may (or better yet, another student who plans to practice in iran).

ali_mei2001
01-03-2006, 11:14 AM
they wont give you anyones email. but if you ask to be contacted by an iranian student they may (or better yet, another student who plans to practice in iran).
That's exactly what I asked them. But they said they couldn't ask their students to contact a stranger:confused: :confused:

bts4202
01-03-2006, 11:26 AM
That's exactly what I asked them. But they said they couldn't ask their students to contact a stranger:confused: :confused:

yes they can, they do it all the time. Try the UK office when school starts back.

Tritonesub
01-03-2006, 11:55 AM
well if you complete your degree and do your residency in the U.S. I dont think any country will turn you down for license if you take their tests etc. Even in the U.K. if you finish your residency in the U.S. and get licensed in a state (as is usually required by your 3rd year of residency), you should not have a problem if you take the PLAB.

Tritonesub
01-03-2006, 11:57 AM
.. I doubt that they have a medical board in iran. In fact there are probably many people there who are practicing medicine without a medical degree at all. I do not believe you need a DEA number there either... so even your grandmother could sign a perscription.

ali_mei2001
01-03-2006, 12:10 PM
.. I doubt that they have a medical board in iran. In fact there are probably many people there who are practicing medicine without a medical degree at all. I do not believe you need a DEA number there either... so even your grandmother could sign a perscription.
In fact they are very strict with medics over there. for instance if i obtain an MBBS from a uk school and intend to go back to practise in iran, the medical board will need to reviwe my application and when they do accept me, Ill have to take the pre-internship test, do internship for 1.5 years and do a thesis as well. If I graduate from a non-accredited med school they won't even consider my application.

empathy
01-03-2006, 12:35 PM
Why would he contact your branch campus. Shouldn't he contact the main campus / main office in Senegal?

yes they can, they do it all the time. Try the UK office when school starts back.

drzed
01-03-2006, 03:15 PM
Why would he contact your branch campus. Shouldn't he contact the main campus / main office in Senegal?

Maybe because the original poster was inquiring about Iranian students at the LUTON campus? While it may not apply to you, it would make logical sense to most others to contact the Luton campus for such information.

azskeptic
01-03-2006, 04:51 PM
http://www.irimc.org/

showing his bias which is towards correct information. Be sure you ask the Iranian Medical Council the criteria they use to recognize a school. Ask them if they interface with the GMC in England.

ali_mei2001
01-03-2006, 05:04 PM
http://www.irimc.org/

showing his bias which is towards correct information. Be sure you ask the Iranian Medical Council the criteria they use to recognize a school. Ask them if they interface with the GMC in England.
Thanx azskeptic:)

Tritonesub
01-03-2006, 05:23 PM
most countries use the WHO as their approved list

azskeptic
01-03-2006, 06:45 PM
In fact they are very strict with medics over there. for instance if i obtain an MBBS from a uk school and intend to go back to practise in iran, the medical board will need to reviwe my application and when they do accept me, Ill have to take the pre-internship test, do internship for 1.5 years and do a thesis as well. If I graduate from a non-accredited med school they won't even consider my application. Iranian physicians are a great asset for the US. They hold high positions in many schools. There is an organization that might be able to help you:

http://www.iama.org/

Do not take any risks with your education. Check everything you can. I see that this E. Europe school says it is recognized by the Iran medical council so the council may require approvals of schools.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.