PDA

View Full Version : Centers to avoid and center to go to

bpaikatt
12-29-2005, 10:31 AM
Are there centers to avoid for Step2CS, for example I heard Philly, and LA were intense centers to do the exam in, and ATL and Chicago were decent....any thoughts?

hapshey_usa
12-29-2005, 10:52 AM
I did mine in chicago and everything was fine. They didn't start on time but things ran smoothly throughout the day. I don't know about the other sites. Oh and regarding the patients, they are not very forthcoming with information. You have to ask the right questions. They will only answer what you ask them and usually in just a single sentence unless you ask for more. Most patients will also ask you a question. I usually asked the patients if they had any questions, while i was on my way to wash my hands so that it wouldn't waste time later and so that I could think about the question during the same time while washing my hands.

Unregistered
12-29-2005, 11:07 AM
I took mine in atlanta and I thought it was intense. The patients were not forthcoming at all, and on 2 seperate occasions I was told one thing at the beginning of the interview, and a completely different thing at the end (they "forgot" - and no it was not a dementia case in either of those). I guess it just threw me off that they could forget such important facts. LOL.

My friend took it a month after me, and said that he too found it very intense, and that the patients were very brief in their responses.

Val

AUCMD2006
12-29-2005, 11:51 AM
maybe it's not the patients but the way questions are asked? i've heard different opinios about all the different sites. just know your stuff, theya ll use the same check list.

bpaikatt
01-02-2006, 10:34 PM
I would like to take it in Houston.....I hope things over there go smoothly for me.

Thanks guys for the responses.

DOCTOR123
01-13-2006, 12:18 PM
I took my exam in LA on 11 nov, I am an IMG and i passed in 1st attempt.

Mex MD
01-15-2006, 02:45 PM
I took my exam in LA on 11 nov, I am an IMG and i passed in 1st attempt.

I took mine on nov. 8th in LA, but I hav not gotten my results yet.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.