PDA

View Full Version : Help with Israeli Medical Schools PLEASE!!! THANKS!!!!

wizard17
10-25-2003, 06:59 PM
calling on help from anyone that knows about the Israeli medical schools...

i am VERY interested in going, are they welcoming of usa citizens?? i can speak hebrew, is this language comonly used there in class?? how hard is it to get in?? are the schools respected by usa residency boards?? would you recommend the school??

thanks a lot!!!1 VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!! i just found out that there are indeed medical schools in Isreal... this is VERY EXCITING to me... please help!!!! thanks!!!!!!

IMG X-Files
06-29-2004, 10:57 AM
The best school that is also englist speaking is Sackler:http://www.tau.ac.il/medicine/Med_school/Family/family.htm

You can easily get residencies in all specialites in the US and worldwide as this school is top notch medical school and well perceived....

Avg GPA to get in is 3.4 for US applicants, for 4 years undergrad and Avg MCAT scores !
You should at least try to get in.....They do welcome many US applicants on yearly basis and Israel is much better option than Carribean medical schools as it is better perceived ! Identical US curriculum !!

Lots of luck

RajPatel
06-29-2004, 09:43 PM
Surely there are better options. Isn't med school tough enough without the daily stress of suicide bombings and all the Arab lunatics?

Why not just enroll in Baghdad University School of Medicine? Odds are you or one of your classmates could serve as cadavers later in the term.

rdecastro
06-29-2004, 10:25 PM
Surely there are better options. Isn't med school tough enough without the daily stress of suicide bombings and all the Arab lunatics?

Why not just enroll in Baghdad University School of Medicine? Odds are you or one of your classmates could serve as cadavers later in the term.

Tel Aviv isn't that bad. But, for those who are concerned, Ben Gurion is in Bersheva, which is quite a ways down south from the lunatics.

But, there are schools in the US that have their troubles - for example, JHU is one of the finest schools in the world, and is in a fairly bad neighborhood.

volf
06-30-2004, 08:18 AM
Medical schools in Israel are known as the best in the world. In order to get accepted an Israeli student has to be a genius. Today even Einstein would not have been accepted to a medical school in Israel.

I know that for American citizens applying for the 4 year course in Israel the acceptance criteria is considerably less strict but the level of teaching is equal.

Regarding the one comparing Tel-Aviv and Bagdad. You are invited to visit Tel-Aviv and see for yourself how good and quiet life is here, maybe even quieter than the US with all the violent crimes we hear about here.

Scott1981
08-10-2004, 08:49 PM
how far is sackler from holon? i have a relative there who is applying and he wants to commute.

volf
08-11-2004, 08:51 AM
Hi,

It takes about 20 minutes by car if there is not too much traffic.

However, you will find the area around the university more livable and you will enjoy more from the student life around you if you live in the dorms.

Skipper
08-13-2004, 04:07 PM

not all arabs are lunatics.....why do you need to generalize on the whole....

skipper,

krysmj
06-05-2005, 11:34 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: I must say, this has got to be one of the funniest posts I've ever read! :lol: :lol:

blueeyes
06-09-2005, 07:42 PM
Medical schools in Israel are known as the best in the world. In order to get accepted an Israeli student has to be a genius. Today even Einstein would not have been accepted to a medical school in Israel.

"I now realize that virtually everyone thinks that his country's medicine is the best in the world, just as he thinks that his culture is the most advanced, and his soldiers are the bravest." --Tom Ward (an American dentist profiled in Japan's Metropolis Business)

You're probably right about Einstein. But if he were living today he probably wouldn't get into most med schools. (He's supposed to have done an interview once where he said he didn't bother memorizing things like phone numbers because he didn't like filling his brain with "useless" information. I can't picture him being a big fan of Gross Anatomy and Histology. :D )

I've heard Israeli medical training is by far the best in the Middle East and comparable with training in North America, Western Europe and Japan. But there is a caveat for any Canadians reading this post: the RCPSC studied Israeli postgraduate medical training and concluded that (unlike Ireland's) Israel's pg medical training was not sufficiently similar to NA training to be treated as equivalent.

davkko
09-25-2005, 04:40 PM
that was funny

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.