PDA

View Full Version : Taking on IUHS

Carmen
12-17-2005, 04:12 PM
I am interested in "taking on IUHS". I have contacted editors from magazines and all news channels in the U.S. I have had some interest from Dateline and heard back from two other news magazines who are interested in Caribbean medical schools. They want to cover several schools, not just IUHS. I have volunteered to speak with them and ask that anyone who is interested to P.M. me.

I need more information on what happened in Florida before the IUHS office was moved to Canada. Can anyone help out.

I think an expose on American television may be the best way to let the world know what IUHS is all about. Therefore, the posters on this site will not be called liars as they have in the past.

Please if anyone wants to help out and give statements, p.m. me.

Carmen

babytuck
04-11-2006, 06:02 AM
Hi Carmen,
I know all the IUHS students would go against the university provided they are assured about their future being secured.. you know what i mean their money spend for the course, plus the years they have spend in the university shouldn't just go down the drain in the end... try to work out a situation here. Students are afraid in the end, they will be left with nothing, please think about the future of these students too, not just their present condition.I'm with you on this..

Chemist_11
04-11-2006, 06:27 AM
Being 100% honest, the students who do the online learning instead of on campus have no future to be saved. They just need to think about the situation they are in, because sooner or later, the IUHS degree will become void, as many of the IUHS students have said, the school is a joke.

I just hope people take this on board, and don't eaven think about attending.

I praise you for wanting to turn against them, and show people what the school is really like!.

Good luck.

surgpa
04-16-2006, 12:28 PM
Has anyone heard of a lawsuit re: IUHS and its misleading of the "online" students? I heard that the FTC is looking at blocking anyone from "attending" this program by shutting down its access to the US market.

Mike

Carmen
04-19-2006, 10:01 AM
Good news! I feel so sorry for the current students though. I'll see what I can find out about the lawsuit and the best we can do is try to deter students from entering this school.

Carmen

IMG X-Files
04-22-2006, 07:38 PM
Any Licensed IUHS graduates ? licensed or in residency ?

DocKao
10-05-2006, 09:43 AM
Are you nuts! Causing problems through the media will not only discredit that school, but all the schools. It's like cutting off your foot because you have a bad toe. Let them dig their own hole. If it's a fact that they put out terrible docs, then things will turn sour for the school. But if they produce great docs, then so be it.... Distance learning will be the future. Only time will tell. I'm not for or against, but just because it doesn't fit into your thinking, doesn't mean it's wrong. Let things happen on their own, we are not the Medical Degree Police or are we? (Some of us sound like it). Hope I didn't offend anyone....

maximillian genossa
10-05-2006, 09:52 AM
Well said.

Are you nuts! Causing problems through the media will not only discredit that school, but all the schools. It's like cutting off your foot because you have a bad toe. Let them dig their own hole. If it's a fact that they put out terrible docs, then things will turn sour for the school. But if they produce great docs, then so be it.... Distance learning will be the future. Only time will tell. I'm not for or against, but just because it doesn't fit into your thinking, doesn't mean it's wrong. Let things happen on their own, we are not the Medical Degree Police or are we? (Some of us sound like it). Hope I didn't offend anyone....

MYMD
10-08-2006, 11:00 AM

this was almost 6 months ago what has happened?:confused:

maximillian genossa
10-09-2006, 11:46 AM
Nothing has happened, they are sill operating and will continue operating.The only licensed grads IUHS has are people that transferred into the clinical program, having completed their basic sciences at traditional medical schools...at this time, no one who has completed the online basic sciences portion has applied for permanent licensure, although a few are close to doing so very soon. I wish them luck, there are some states that will license them, they have been told about the program and showed no opposition. Remember, states medical boards are in the business of licensing individuals not schools (per the FSMB)

Cheers

Max

this was almost 6 months ago what has happened?:confused:

DRJJ1
10-09-2006, 01:16 PM
[quote=Genossa maximillian;512724]Nothing has happened, they are sill operating and will continue operating.The only licensed grads IUHS has are people that transferred into the clinical program, having completed their basic sciences at traditional medical schools...at this time, no one who has completed the online basic sciences portion has applied for permanent licensure, although a few are close to doing so very soon. I wish them luck, there are some states that will license them, they have been told about the program and showed no opposition. Remember, states medical boards are in the business of licensing individuals not schools (per the FSMB)

Cheers

THAT IS NOT TRUE ABOUT MEDICAL BOARDS OTHERWISE THERE WOULD BE NO RULES TO FOLLOW ALL STATES SAY NO ONLINE OR TRANSFER CREDIT SO,,,WE WILL SEE HOW THIS PLAYS OUT

DocKao
10-09-2006, 03:49 PM
I have checked on licensing in many states and there are only a few that specifically state "No On-line". They actually state that the online can not be the major portion of their curriculum. Please check the states you wish to enter before you decide and don't just listen to these people that don't do any research in this forum. Research it yourself, you may be surprised, because I called the licensing dept. of all the states I wish to practice. This doesn't mean I am for or against on line learning, because I feel sometimes you lose alittle education when everything is on line. But some people do well at it. Good luck!

DRJJ1
10-09-2006, 05:12 PM
I have checked on licensing in many states and there are only a few that specifically state "No On-line". They actually state that the online can not be the major portion of their curriculum. Please check the states you wish to enter before you decide and don't just listen to these people that don't do any research in this forum. Research it yourself, you may be surprised, because I called the licensing dept. of all the states I wish to practice. This doesn't mean I am for or against on line learning, because I feel sometimes you lose alittle education when everything is on line. But some people do well at it. Good luck!

NO TRANSFER CREDIT AS WELL...NOW THINK ABOUT IT what medical board is going to let you take online lab work? NONEEEE keep asking and it only points to trouble down the road with muchooo stress,,,for what? for being lazy and not doing the right way..not worth it, not the time or money is worth losing over being laZy,,,

caldje
10-09-2006, 06:27 PM
some american students would say the same about you my friend. After all, what are you doing thinking about or attending a foreign medical school when if you had done it the right way first you'd be in an american med school. Dont hate on people because usually the same argument can be used against you.

NO TRANSFER CREDIT AS WELL...NOW THINK ABOUT IT what medical board is going to let you take online lab work? NONEEEE keep asking and it only points to trouble down the road with muchooo stress,,,for what? for being lazy and not doing the right way..not worth it, not the time or money is worth losing over being laZy,,,

DRJJ1
10-09-2006, 06:50 PM
some american students would say the same about you my friend. After all, what are you doing thinking about or attending a foreign medical school when if you had done it the right way first you'd be in an american med school. Dont hate on people because usually the same argument can be used against you.

MY FRIEND, going to a fmg or one in the usa is not the problem here, its when you want to take a short cut and try to get licensed and do not because you did not follow the rules. The rules state what they are and if you decide to take that route go right ahead but if you re going to cry after and yell sue sue sue then be prepared.

maximillian genossa
10-09-2006, 10:01 PM
Check http://www.fsmb.org/pdf/GRPOL_SpcCmt...grad_MedEd.pdf (http://www.fsmb.org/pdf/GRPOL_SpcCmt_Eval_Undergrad_MedEd.pdf)

and see if what I said is true or not, page 9 to be more exact. Then come again here and I dare you to tell me that what I said it is not true.

Peace

Max

[quote=Genossa maximillian;512724]Nothing has happened, they are sill operating and will continue operating.The only licensed grads IUHS has are people that transferred into the clinical program, having completed their basic sciences at traditional medical schools...at this time, no one who has completed the online basic sciences portion has applied for permanent licensure, although a few are close to doing so very soon. I wish them luck, there are some states that will license them, they have been told about the program and showed no opposition. Remember, states medical boards are in the business of licensing individuals not schools (per the FSMB)

Cheers

THAT IS NOT TRUE ABOUT MEDICAL BOARDS OTHERWISE THERE WOULD BE NO RULES TO FOLLOW ALL STATES SAY NO ONLINE OR TRANSFER CREDIT SO,,,WE WILL SEE HOW THIS PLAYS OUT

maximillian genossa
10-09-2006, 10:04 PM
"what medical board is going to let you take online lab work? NONEEEE keep"

Wrojng again, how come there are State boards that do not care if you did online studies. I think you should do some homework before jumping into baseless (and obvious emotional) conclussions.

maximillian genossa
10-09-2006, 10:07 PM
You are aware that "The rules state what they" and you have 50 different set of rules, plus Territories, correct? And you are aware that some states have RULES that allow online basic sciences, correct?

Just checking.

MY FRIEND, going to a fmg or one in the usa is not the problem here, its when you want to take a short cut and try to get licensed and do not because you did not follow the rules. The rules state what they are and if you decide to take that route go right ahead but if you re going to cry after and yell sue sue sue then be prepared.

DRJJ1
10-09-2006, 10:08 PM
"what medical board is going to let you take online lab work? NONEEEE keep"

Wrojng again, how come there are State boards that do not care if you did online studies. I think you should do some homework before jumping into baseless (and obvious emotional) conclussions.

so lets see,,who is licensed and if so, what state? is it any where you would want to go anyways? I doubt it, play w fire you ll be burnt

maximillian genossa
10-09-2006, 10:13 PM
so lets see,,who is licensed and if so, what state? is it any where you would want to go anyways? I doubt it, play w fire you ll be burnt

Do your own research, like I did and you will find them. I did, and found a couple. Now, just to ask you, or remind you, like a friend once said...Once a person graduates from school, that's it for the school. They still have to go through the USMLE + residency. I have yet to learn of anyone from IUHS that faked their way through the board exams and residency. Then you may say what--many will slip through the cracks, pass the boards, obtain a residency, get licensed?

Just think.....All this does is support the view that our licensing examinations and residency programs are faulty methods in insuring physician competence?

Think, carefully.

DRJJ1
10-09-2006, 10:31 PM
Do your own research, like I did and you will find them. I did, and found a couple. Now, just to ask you, or remind you, like a friend once said...Once a person graduates from school, that's it for the school. They still have to go through the USMLE + residency. I have yet to learn of anyone from IUHS that faked their way through the board exams and residency. Then you may say what--many will slip through the cracks, pass the boards, obtain a residency, get licensed?

Just think.....All this does is support the view that our licensing examinations and residency programs are faulty methods in insuring physician competence?

Think, carefully.

deal with a school with no return phone calls emails etc,,,then find out they are very secretive and seem to be hiding stuff, NOT COOL

AGAIN, NAME SOME LICENSED DRS FROM THIS SCHOOL, ALSO ONLINE CREDIT AND NOT SAYING HOW THE REST OF THE TRANSFER CREDIT WAS OBTAINED IS NOT A GOOD START TO A MEDICAL CAREER,,,IM ALL FOR ONLINE CLASSES BUT RIGHT NOT I DON T MAKE THE RULES,,WHEN YOU RE DEALING WITH 200K AND YEARS TO GET YOUR MD DEGREE I WOULD HOPE YOU DO IT RIGHT AND NOT TAKE SHORT CUTS WHEN THEY ARE BASICALLY NOT ALLOWED RIGHT NOW,,YOU MAY GET BUCKED BEFORE BUCKING THE SYSTEM,,,

maximillian genossa
10-10-2006, 10:07 AM
Unfortunately your opinions are not the rules. It seems that transferring to IUHS from UWI or Ross has worked for some people. There you have a clue, and don't yell at me , use lower case fonts, when you yell it reflects only one thing, that you don't have a point.

Max

deal with a school with no return phone calls emails etc,,,then find out they are very secretive and seem to be hiding stuff, NOT COOL

AGAIN, NAME SOME LICENSED DRS FROM THIS SCHOOL, ALSO ONLINE CREDIT AND NOT SAYING HOW THE REST OF THE TRANSFER CREDIT WAS OBTAINED IS NOT A GOOD START TO A MEDICAL CAREER,,,IM ALL FOR ONLINE CLASSES BUT RIGHT NOT I DON T MAKE THE RULES,,WHEN YOU RE DEALING WITH 200K AND YEARS TO GET YOUR MD DEGREE I WOULD HOPE YOU DO IT RIGHT AND NOT TAKE SHORT CUTS WHEN THEY ARE BASICALLY NOT ALLOWED RIGHT NOW,,YOU MAY GET BUCKED BEFORE BUCKING THE SYSTEM,,,

DocKao
10-10-2006, 10:50 AM
Max is right! There are docs out there who have done internet. I know of some and actually tracked them down. They would prefer not to be known for obvious reasons. (People would be hounding them day and night). I don't think that you can call internet studies a short cut....I think you need to go through the program and see for yourself how difficult it is. I have talked to students doing this and they tell me it's hard. I believe it. I had US education and found classes were easier if I could ask questions. I couldn't see Biochem being easy on the internet. Stryer was hard enough to read and understand with the help of an instructor. (Maybe I'll try it and see.). This is a forum for understanding not to fight about how you feel about a situation. Maybe there are some issues that need to be addressed in your own life. I hope that you can understand other people's decisions and learn not to be too much of a critic. Good luck with your endevours!

wilcomp6
10-10-2006, 03:26 PM
I don't have anything against online classes. I believe it will be best for someone to stay away from online program for MD. I know each state has its own rules, but you have to keep in mind that sometimes rules can change. Most of the states don't accept online degree (MD), what make you think in the future almost every state might not accept it also. To become a MD, you need to be dedicated and it costs alot (time and money). I think it will be better for someone to stay away from online MD program because you don't know what the future will be when is the time for licence.

DRJJ1
10-10-2006, 07:22 PM
I don't have anything against online classes. I believe it will be best for someone to stay away from online program for MD. I know each state has its own rules, but you have to keep in mind that sometimes rules can change. Most of the states don't accept online degree (MD), what make you think in the future almost every state might not accept it also. To become a MD, you need to be dedicated and it costs alot (time and money). I think it will be better for someone to stay away from online MD program because you don't know what the future will be when is the time for licence.

genossa pay attention to this guy then,,do it right why make waves,,and if the people who did it on the net are in hiding that should be your other clue,,,why hide come out and make it easier for thr rest..I wonder why they hide ummm?

maximillian genossa
10-10-2006, 07:27 PM
...don't you find out who they are and ask them directly? Or...are you the kind of person that relies on someone's else work to do yours?

Not that the 2 or 3 states where these people are in the hiding, according to you, don't know already were they went to school. Please....

Oh, you have not answered my question,....Once a person graduates from school, that's it for the school. They still have to go through the USMLE + residency. I have yet to learn of anyone from IUHS or any other school that faked their way through the board exams and residency. Then you may say what--many will slip through the cracks, pass the boards, obtain a residency, get licensed?

Answer me the this....does is support the view that our licensing examinations and residency programs are faulty methods in insuring physician competence?

genossa pay attention to this guy then,,do it right why make waves,,and if the people who did it on the net are in hiding that should be your other clue,,,why hide come out and make it easier for thr rest..I wonder why they hide ummm?

DRJJ1
10-10-2006, 10:53 PM
...don't you find out who they are and ask them directly? Or...are you the kind of person that relies on someone's else work to do yours?

Not that the 2 or 3 states where these people are in the hiding, according to you, don't know already were they went to school. Please....

Oh, you have not answered my question,....Once a person graduates from school, that's it for the school. They still have to go through the USMLE + residency. I have yet to learn of anyone from IUHS or any other school that faked their way through the board exams and residency. Then you may say what--many will slip through the cracks, pass the boards, obtain a residency, get licensed?

Answer me the this....does is support the view that our licensing examinations and residency programs are faulty methods in insuring physician competence?

HEY what else can I say? Roll the dice and see if you make it or not, its your time and money so go for it. Jumping thru hoops to get your license is not my style of stress buy maybe its yours so enjoy.

maximillian genossa
10-11-2006, 03:34 PM
HEY what else can I say? Roll the dice and see if you make it or not, its your time and money so go for it. Jumping thru hoops to get your license is not my style of stress buy maybe its yours so enjoy.

However, I am not an IUHS student, but I guess they read your thread.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.