PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland gone?

Chi-town
12-09-2005, 08:53 AM
Well Supposedly the Dean of B.S. went to the 4th sems...and said that After just one semester of having 5th semester in a hospital, in cleveland, that they will now just sit in the hotel, and have the patients come to them, and the Dr will come to the hotel...

seems kinda shady...what happened....one surpirse after another. wonder why they would tell the 4th semesters now....3 days b4 finals....its just added stress and nonsense.

azskeptic
12-09-2005, 09:31 AM
Well Supposedly the Dean of B.S. went to the 4th sems...and said that After just one semester of having 5th semester in a hospital, in cleveland, that they will now just sit in the hotel, and have the patients come to them, and the Dr will come to the hotel...

seems kinda shady...what happened....one surpirse after another. wonder why they would tell the 4th semesters now....3 days b4 finals....its just added stress and nonsense. Hmmm, how does that work? Does your liability insurance cover hotel medical calls?

Speedracer
12-09-2005, 09:51 AM
Well, well....we all saw that coming, right?

SC administration's is probably just too cheap to pay fees to maintain the Cleveland site. All they care about is their bottom line, and don't really care about the needs of the students, and their future....

What's going on with the GMC issue? Any updates yet?

neilc
12-09-2005, 09:53 AM
or else they had an unexepected expenditure to the senegalese government!

azskeptic
12-09-2005, 10:07 AM
Well, well....we all saw that coming, right?

SC administration's is probably just too cheap to pay fees to maintain the Cleveland site. All they care about is their bottom line, and don't really care about the needs of the students, and their future....

What's going on with the GMC issue? Any updates yet? as soon as a press release comes out my search engines will catch it and I'll post it. Watch the newspapers for articles...been getting lots of phone calls from reporters who are doing stories in England

Miklos
12-09-2005, 10:39 AM
as soon as a press release comes out my search engines will catch it and I'll post it. Watch the newspapers for articles...been getting lots of phone calls from reporters who are doing stories in England

No kidding, eh? I'd be interested in seeing those reports. Will you be posting them?

azskeptic
12-09-2005, 10:43 AM
No kidding, eh? I'd be interested in seeing those reports. Will you be posting them? You bet....I post these things,like I did St. Luke, Kigezi,etc. because I feel the students need to understand the process and the potential risks involved.

smoohead
12-10-2005, 01:27 PM
I just got my welcome packet in the mail yesterday and there was an entire page about how we'll be spending 5th semester at the Cleveland Clinic, with CC docs teaching us intro stuff and with USMLE classes also hosted there. They also said that we'd have the opportunity to do some clinicals there and my parents were all excited about it since Cleveland is my home town.

Am I to understand that we got our hopes up for nothing and that entire page was a bunch of **? :(

OLDPRO
12-10-2005, 02:01 PM
No CHI TOWN does not have all of the story, it's still like in your packet.
There is a 4th year we are waiting to report on this.

thethom
12-10-2005, 03:53 PM

seems kinda shady...what happened....one surpirse after another. wonder why they would tell the 4th semesters now....3 days b4 finals....its just added stress and nonsense.

Rumors spread like wildfire here in Luton, and they are degraded as they pass down the semesters. Chi-Town is posting whatever form of the message she received. The actual story is different and is not as grim as the picture she is painting. I have been in contact with the Dean and with the director of the Cleveland Program as well as current students in Cleveland. PM me and I can explain to you anything you may have questions about. I will be in Cleveland in January as well for my 5th semester and I will be able to provide more information then. Also Chi-Town you have been PMed...

neilc
12-10-2005, 03:58 PM
why dont you quell the rumor and post the information here? doesn't make a lot of sense to make that assertation and do nothing to refute it.

thethom
12-10-2005, 04:10 PM
Haha you would love that wouldn't you? Any students or potentials that have questions are free to PM me. I don't believe that this information has any pertinance to you Neil, and I also know that what is said in the open on value can be contorted and misconstrued. ValueMD, tho it was where I first learned about St. Chris several years ago, can also be a cesspool of misinformation and biased statements, so unless you're planning on transferring here, I can't help you buddy...

AUCMD2006
12-10-2005, 04:59 PM
if it was anything good it would be oasted all over the place so you can safely assume it is a step back and true to form SC students and admin are secretive and keep prospectives in the dark. you guys could learn alot from st mats...even negative things are laid out openly....

i haven't heard from the couple of people i know there in a few months and they are already in clinicals but if i'l email them and see what they say...

thethom
12-10-2005, 05:05 PM
That, my colleagues, is the kind of reasoning that brews rumors and misinformation. It is also why I warn you newcomers about ValueMD...

OLDPRO
12-10-2005, 05:57 PM
why dont you quell the rumor and post the information here? doesn't make a lot of sense to make that assertation and do nothing to refute it. Lets be honest here , you and others have said not to believe the students so they have stopped coming here, they post (over 300 strong) on the stchrisunion site. Only a very few come here anymore since this is the only really active public site. Soon a new public site will open at the union.

Just because a few students were too optunistic and posted stuff some that was true and other that was told to them that wasn't you have condemmed them. So they are through with VMD.

azskeptic
12-10-2005, 06:36 PM
reminds me of the Geico ad...the bad news is that they are no longer in the hospital but the good news is that they are being given a complimentary upgrade to a suite at the hotel and can now see family members as patients in their rooms? Reference the 300 posting in their own forum, that can be good also if the information is correct. If you don't want to be confronted with the outside reality stay away from the 'others'...

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:hbsyHl5Mdx4J:rharris.8m.com/images/gekko.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://rharris.8m.com/images/gekko.jpg&imgrefurl=http://rharris.8m.com/catalog.html&h=264&w=175&sz=7&tbnid=hbsyHl5Mdx4J:&tbnh=107&tbnw=70&hl=en&start=2&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dgeico%2Bgecko%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den% 26lr%3D%26sa%3DN)

neilc
12-10-2005, 06:40 PM
i love it! don't believe the rumors. believe me! but, i can't tell you anything...

sounds like typical st chris **. you should submit your resume for an admin position, ththom. you are perfect!

as far as who is a "cesspool of misinformation"...well, that is the school. over the years they have constantly misinformed, only to correct it when people outside the school noticed it. do not trust this school, and be very careful of the "students".

AUCMD2006
12-10-2005, 10:34 PM
That, my colleagues, is the kind of reasoning that brews rumors and misinformation. It is also why I warn you newcomers about ValueMD...

actually what you are doing is what spreads mistrust and bad info. a free internet forum is a perfect place to post and ask questions because there are so many computer geeks out there that any bad info will be outed and any solid info will be validated. examples are the SMU Harvard affiliation, they claimed it and it was not there. another is their Yale resident, after debate it looks like SMU has a resident at Yale proper. then AUC and new policies before they come out they are exaggerated then the actual info comes out.

actually this forum is the only one where info is treated like a national secret. aside from posting good things about SC that are true there is a hx of posting invalid claims that were defended to the bitter end and some that no one can as of yet answer like the credentials of the pres. there is also a rampant hx of posting all things positive as soon or beofore it happens so it doesn't take fuzzy logic or a darwinian leap to assume that if the CC deal either improved or stayed the same then people would be posting about it aggressively so you must conclude that something negative has changed.

maybe its not as bad as seeing pts out of a hotel but of if it was good you guys would be defending it to the bitter end.

googalie
12-10-2005, 10:58 PM
I can't believe how long people like neilc have been bashing St. Chris. I've been trying to find information on life at St. Chris and all I can see when I search is these people with no life stating about how St. Chris is a worthless diploma. Do you not think that you gave your point a couple of years ago. We get it, you don't like St. Chris or its students. Thanks for all your help now go and find a life and let people who want info about the school get the info from the people that would know the most - the students attending the school. Thank you again we understand that you don't like St. Chris.

neilc
12-10-2005, 11:10 PM
I can't believe how long people like neilc have been bashing St. Chris. I've been trying to find information on life at St. Chris and all I can see when I search is these people with no life stating about how St. Chris is a worthless diploma. Do you not think that you gave your point a couple of years ago. We get it, you don't like St. Chris or its students. Thanks for all your help now go and find a life and let people who want info about the school get the info from the people that would know the most - the students attending the school. Thank you again we understand that you don't like St. Chris.

hahaha! hey, if you don't like it, fine. you don't have to agree with me. i get plenty of PM's thanking me for providing information and advice.

i think i have a fine life, thanks. just graduated, and got a good residency. i have no worries about the diploma i recieved, and know that i will be able to get a license in any state i eventually want to work in. i worked hard, suffered, and my reward is some peace of mind and a fully functional diploma, as well as a solid residency placement.

what i worry about is the poor st chris student that goes through the same hard work and sacrifice as i did, who works just as hard as me, and who gets screwed out of a residency, or is limited to working in certain parts of the US. and, that is a best case scenario! worse case, the degree and school turn out to be worthless. now, that would suck!

so, call it bashing, if you want. i don't really care. if you decide to go to st chris, i wish you all the best. i don't agree with your decision, i think it is foolish, but hey, what do i know? you don't have to do what i want, and i truly hope it works out for you. but, i will continue to post my opinion, as is my right, and i will continue to point out the real problems and potential problems that will haunt you as a st chris student or grad.

happy holidays!

thethom
12-11-2005, 05:13 AM
i love it! don't believe the rumors. believe me! but, i can't tell you anything...

sounds like typical st chris **. you should submit your resume for an admin position, ththom. you are perfect!

as far as who is a "cesspool of misinformation"...well, that is the school. over the years they have constantly misinformed, only to correct it when people outside the school noticed it. do not trust this school, and be very careful of the "students".

Actaully, in response to all those who believe that I am directing prospects and current students to come to me for information, but then providing none, I do believe that I clearly stated in my previous posts that whomever has a question can just PM me. I do believe that this is me being very generous with information, but keeping it out of the wrong hands... A splendid idea in my eyes, that benefits prospective and current students, but sadly leaves the critics out of the loop. I can see why you would be upset...

teratos
12-11-2005, 08:05 AM
Lets be honest here , you and others have said not to believe the students so they have stopped coming here, they post (over 300 strong) on the stchrisunion site. Only a very few come here anymore since this is the only really active public site. Soon a new public site will open at the union.

Just because a few students were too optunistic and posted stuff some that was true and other that was told to them that wasn't you have condemmed them. So they are through with VMD.

Please don't take offense, whuds, but I'm not sure a purely SC site is the best place to get information. Some of your "students" have posted so much misinformation over the years that has been shot down time and time again on this site, I wouldn't trust any of that information. In fac, most of what has been predicted about SC by those skeptical of the school is coming to pass. I think having a site where you guys can all reassure each other and encourage noobs to go is a disservice. Although I do agree there are people posting on the SC site who are kinda troll-like. G

teratos
12-11-2005, 08:07 AM

Apparently, the GMC has gotten in on the act, too? How about we wait and see what that decision is before we get cockey, hmmmm?

AUCMD2006
12-11-2005, 09:32 AM
Actaully, in response to all those who believe that I am directing prospects and current students to come to me for information, but then providing none, I do believe that I clearly stated in my previous posts that whomever has a question can just PM me. I do believe that this is me being very generous with information, but keeping it out of the wrong hands... A splendid idea in my eyes, that benefits prospective and current students, but sadly leaves the critics out of the loop. I can see why you would be upset...

yea a one stop source for info, but only the info from a positive SC perspective and making sure nothing can be challenged. why are you guys so afraid to post things in a public format. most things that are posted that are true are validated and the ** is called out. ie when you guys got the CC training site some questioned it and it was validated as true so congrats went out for a great teaching site....

all noobs should get the info from admin, students (maybe a positive one like bts and a level one like frenchfrie?), and a third outside source like the boards...don't trust one source for anything and this goes for any school

neilc
12-11-2005, 10:36 AM

actually, it is pretty untrustworthy. if you had valid information, it would withstand any criticism. if you don't want to subject that information to anybody who would look at it closely, but rather distribute it only to those you feel will not question it, that alone brings into question the accuracy of the information.

so, to anybody on thethom's double secret IM list. this is how st chris love to operate. by hiding the claims they make, so they can get away with lying longer. trust it at your own risk.

azskeptic
12-11-2005, 11:01 AM
actually, it is pretty untrustworthy. if you had valid information, it would withstand any criticism. if you don't want to subject that information to anybody who would look at it closely, but rather distribute it only to those you feel will not question it, that alone brings into question the accuracy of the information.

so, to anybody on thethom's double secret IM list. this is how st chris love to operate. by hiding the claims they make, so they can get away with lying longer. trust it at your own risk. Besides it isn't too secret. Some of the students mistrust what is said there and email it around to check it with informed sources. I don't take it personal when I seem to be mentioned there as the source of all evils--because that shows how poor the information sources are.

Miklos
12-11-2005, 11:12 AM
what i worry about is the poor st chris student that goes through the same hard work and sacrifice as i did, who works just as hard as me, and who gets screwed out of a residency, or is limited to working in certain parts of the US. and, that is a best case scenario! worse case, the degree and school turn out to be worthless. now, that would suck!

Damn good point.

neilc
12-11-2005, 11:31 AM
you know, i keep thinking about how stressed i have been lately, looking to match. it is an uncomfortable process filled with uncertainty. then i think of the st chris students, the later years especially, and those going through the match. even the most confident students have to have a little knot in the pit of their stomach, wondering what the hell is going to happen with all of this. now, adding additional stress to med school is not a great idea.

i cannot see how living in luton can be worth even the smallest extra bit of doubt and stress when it comes to the future.

FLK
12-11-2005, 01:35 PM

**** !

"Are you a doctor"?

"No but I did do a pelvic exam in a Holiday Inn Express last night"

Can't wait until the licensing boards, Ohio newspapers etc hear about this charade!

OLDPRO
12-11-2005, 04:27 PM
Please don't take offense, whuds, but I'm not sure a purely SC site is the best place to get information. Some of your "students" have posted so much misinformation over the years that has been shot down time and time again on this site, I wouldn't trust any of that information. In fac, most of what has been predicted about SC by those skeptical of the school is coming to pass. I think having a site where you guys can all reassure each other and encourage noobs to go is a disservice. Although I do agree there are people posting on the SC site who are kinda troll-like. G
No I don't take offense, the students are very upset about this and do not want to "Bitch" out in public. Look if the students want to come here they can. But this appears more like a battle ground to them than a place to openly discuss the school. They have felt let down by many people who post on here. They are looking for solutions not "your school always lies and so does xyzz who posts here , they work for the school and can't be trusted."
Oh and some of them have been PM'd and told all sorts of things. It's very difficult, the school has let them down, Senegal has come to the school but it is now after this mess.

Problem is damage has been done and the school now has an uphill battle. Some students will come and post here after Tues finals.

:rolleyes:

neilc
12-11-2005, 05:14 PM
sorry, but that is just sad. hiding on the st chris forum is not going to make the problems go away. it also does a disservice to those considering this school by making it tougher to get real answers.

nobody is on here to bash st chris. the problem is that the school does have a lot of issues. that is not the forum members' fault, and you cannot blame us for trying to make potential students aware of the problems.

many posters in the past have lied. the school has lied. we have pretty good reason to be skeptical. but, that doesn't mean that we assume every st chris poster is a liar. i look at each post, and what it says. frequently, it is a load of crap. but, if more students did post here, it would dilute the few students from st chris that are full of it. that would be great! look at the SMU forum for guidance there. there are a couple of posters that really had some poor input, and were cheerleaders. they were more effectively reigned in by the input of fellow students who were more mature, and dealt with reality. no problems there. why can't st chris do this?

i do agree that the school has let them down. but, it seems a very primitive defense to try to blame people on the board for problems, or to posture as a victim of our behavior. it is not us on the forum causing problems. it is st chris. and, i bet that every last one of them would want all this information if they were just now considering attending st chris. let the potential students learn from what we all have been through, be it a good or bad experience. don't sit back and allow others to make the same mistakes!

blythplace
12-11-2005, 05:42 PM
**** !

"Are you a doctor"?

"No but I did do a pelvic exam in a Holiday Inn Express last night"

Can't wait until the licensing boards, Ohio newspapers etc hear about this charade!

You do know 5th semester isnt clinicals right? So your post makes no sense. It's not like we get clinical hours in during 5th sem.

OLDPRO
12-11-2005, 05:42 PM
sorry, but that is just sad. hiding on the st chris forum is not going to make the problems go away. it also does a disservice to those considering this school by making it tougher to get real answers.

nobody is on here to bash st chris. the problem is that the school does have a lot of issues. that is not the forum members' fault, and you cannot blame us for trying to make potential students aware of the problems.

many posters in the past have lied. the school has lied. we have pretty good reason to be skeptical. but, that doesn't mean that we assume every st chris poster is a liar. i look at each post, and what it says. frequently, it is a load of crap. but, if more students did post here, it would dilute the few students from st chris that are full of it. that would be great! look at the SMU forum for guidance there. there are a couple of posters that really had some poor input, and were cheerleaders. they were more effectively reigned in by the input of fellow students who were more mature, and dealt with reality. no problems there. why can't st chris do this?

i do agree that the school has let them down. but, it seems a very primitive defense to try to blame people on the board for problems, or to posture as a victim of our behavior. it is not us on the forum causing problems. it is st chris. and, i bet that every last one of them would want all this information if they were just now considering attending st chris. let the potential students learn from what we all have been through, be it a good or bad experience. don't sit back and allow others to make the same mistakes!
Neil the truth is that the students I have written to by posting and email want the school to "make things right" and want to wait for now. Sure out of 700 to 800 students some will write AZ and others for information, but AZ is not the source, the School should be, it may not have been in the past. But if the school does not pull it together and come clean and tell the truth to the students as much as possible now it's over as far as I see it.

Yes it's sad for a school to be put together with decent teaching and now facillities, to have real anatomy labs and Neuro labs. To have some fine students emerge from the school and do well on the USLME and now have Lic MDs in the US, yes it would be a shame for the school not to be clean and deal with the students properly, I think this is St. Chris's last chance.

The only reason they should get a chance is for the students, I don't care about the Admin. But even for the students this is it. I hope the truth has been spoken and written.

neilc
12-11-2005, 06:22 PM
whuds, i hope the school does come clean, and grow into a respectable and trustworthy school. but, they have a long way to go. and, until they prove that they are reliable and trustworthy, everything that is said should be questioned and verified.

this sort of deciet is unfortunately woven into the history of st chris. the admin should have been better from the start. compare st chris to smu...one was decietful, one was straightforward. guess which one is thriving now, and which is having constant issues? st chris truly brought this on themselves, both by having a risky business plan and by refusing to be forthright about risks and limitations. the only people that will really get screwed are the students, and that is horrible, and exactly what i didn't want to happen.

FLK
12-11-2005, 06:32 PM
You do know 5th semester isnt clinicals right? So your post makes no sense. It's not like we get clinical hours in during 5th sem.

then what is it?
It's not clinicals then it's.............................basic science in a hotel in the United States?

So is there another satellite campus in Cleveland? How can you legitimately set up shop there and have your credits count towards your MD and not have the US authorities all over you? Ross tried that stunt in Wyoming. They got the big fat thumbs down.
So they have a CLINICAL semester in Miami now.
Key word CLINICAL

Will the Ambassador of Cleveland be making a field trip to luton to talk to the GMC.

So let me get this straight:
What are these people doing in Cleveland if not Clinical training.
Is it basic science training. I hope not since that's a big fat No No.
Can you call clinical training clinical training if it's at Motel 6?
Where are the classrooms in Cleveland if not at a clinic?

Very interesting.
Very Very funny too.

Patients coming to the hotel. Yeah right, tell that to the vice squad

blythplace
12-12-2005, 01:15 AM
then what is it?
It's not clinicals then it's.............................basic science in a hotel in the United States?

So is there another satellite campus in Cleveland? How can you legitimately set up shop there and have your credits count towards your MD and not have the US authorities all over you? Ross tried that stunt in Wyoming. They got the big fat thumbs down.
So they have a CLINICAL semester in Miami now.
Key word CLINICAL

Will the Ambassador of Cleveland be making a field trip to luton to talk to the GMC.

So let me get this straight:
What are these people doing in Cleveland if not Clinical training.
Is it basic science training. I hope not since that's a big fat No No.
Can you call clinical training clinical training if it's at Motel 6?
Where are the classrooms in Cleveland if not at a clinic?

Very interesting.
Very Very funny too.

Patients coming to the hotel. Yeah right, tell that to the vice squad

Ever heard of two classes called PD and ICM? And correct me if i'm wrong - but Ross and/or SGU students dont do their clinicals until they pass step 1 correct? Yet 5th semester for Ross is in Miami- students dont take their Step I on the island. Which means that there's some hospital exposure before clinical sciences.
And St. Chris didn't lose the hospital- the rumors get blown way out of proportion when its not heard first hand as a 4th semester.

neilc
12-12-2005, 09:53 AM
And St. Chris didn't lose the hospital- the rumors get blown way out of proportion when its not heard first hand as a 4th semester.

so what did happen?

AUCMD2006
01-10-2006, 09:49 PM
so what happened with cleveland?

AUCMD2006
01-13-2006, 03:30 PM
anyone? anyone?

empathy
01-13-2006, 03:33 PM
They'll never answer this question.

smoohead
01-14-2006, 11:33 AM
don't get your undies all in a bunch....rest assured, we're working on it ;)

AUCMD2006
01-15-2006, 04:50 PM
don't get your undies all in a bunch....rest assured, we're working on it ;)

no undies, i go comando under the scrubs:bored:

so does this mean it is suspended for now, or are there students still doing 5th there. it is such a good selling point for the school, hopefully they are doing all they can to retain it

bts4202
01-15-2006, 05:44 PM

thank G-d scrubs don't have zippers huh

ol' man
01-15-2006, 06:52 PM

Keep the drawstring REALLY tight on those scrubs.

smoohead
01-16-2006, 03:09 AM
eeeeeeeeeeeeew :( *deeply grossed out*

Bhoot
01-20-2006, 07:51 AM
The word is spelled "surprise" NOT "sirprise"! Are you SURE you are a medical student?

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.