PDA

View Full Version : Ben Gurion University

ZT5959
12-07-2005, 03:02 PM
Hello Folks,

I'm new to this forum, but have been browsing some recent posts in the last few days and found them to be very helpful. Allow me a moment to explain my current situation. I'm a junior at the State University of NY -- Geneseo, and am beginning to realize that, seemingly suddenly, the time to really buckle down and focus on medical school is upon me. Throughout undergrad, medical school has been my ultimate goal, and I feel very comfortable with my current grades and extracurriculars. I'll be taking the MCAT soon.

Importantly, my real aspirations lie in the field of healthcare on the global stage, and I have stumbled upon the BGU-CU program and found it most intriguing. I was wondering if someone could fill me in on the stringency of admission, typical GPA/MCAT, etc. Also, if there are any current students here that are in the program, how do feel about it? Would you do it again?

I have no Israeli heritage (I'm Irish Catholic for Goodness sake :D), and absolutely zero ability to read/speak/understand Hebrew. And that brings up another point, in that I noticed that Hebrew is a required course for MS-1 and MS-2 students. That scares me a bit, because foreign language has always been a personal weak point, and I'm not sure how much fun it would be to add that to my medical school courseload, which is terribly intimidating by itself. Do any current students have any insight into the details of the program that they'd like to share? Thanks in advance.

student-2
02-16-2006, 10:44 AM
Hi-
I study at sackler so I can't be of much help regarding BGU but what I can say is that even if it weren't mandatory (which btw in sackler it isn't), it is still very usefull and lack of hebrew can cause discomfort! If hebrew is a problem, which it really shouldn't be too bad, I would prefer studying at an english speaking country!

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.