PDA

View Full Version : telephone problems

singer
10-05-2003, 08:54 AM
Have any of the parents or students reading this forum experienced telephone problems trying to reach their children in Dominica. My son has a regular telephone and a cellphone. As of last Wednesday his regular phone line has had a great deal of static and sometimes we are unable to hear each other. The same thing happens when my other son trys to call my son from his college dorm. I have dislpad phone to phone which costs .29 per minute. I tried using the regular att long distance with no better results.

Is their a problem with weather disturbances, are they repairing the phone line. I tried his cell phone and the results aren't much better. Of course cell phones are never perfect even in the states.

Please let me know if anyone is experienceing or has experienced these problems and what is the reason and how do they get resolved.

Thanks for your help.

Dru
10-09-2003, 11:30 PM
I think when my daughter is inside talking on her cell phone, she kind of comes and goes and breaks up. When this happens she moves outside or to her screen door, and her voice becomes clear. She always hears me clearly. She has borrowed/payed several students to use their dialpad, and as long as you remember that only one of you can be talking at a time, it is ok. The dialpad thing always sounds so tinny. As soon as 2 talk at the same time it seems to lock up and not do anything. We pretty much stick to daily emails and only use the phone for special occasions. We use the AOL Instant Message thing about once a week, and since both of us are terrific fast typists, it's all most like talking on the phone, only free.

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.