PDA

View Full Version : St Christopher Med School, Luton?

Ramandnb
12-06-2005, 05:21 PM
Can anyone tell me about this medical school?

Is it recognised by the World Health Organisation?

Can I study in America after applying?

PathOne
12-06-2005, 11:35 PM
Try to look in the St. Chris forum.
Yes, school is WHO-listed. In Senegal and not the UK, tho. Status with UK GMC licensing authority is currently (temporarily) banned, but tons of posts other places on that.
And NO. You cannot study medicine in the US, except if you're enrolled in a US LCME-accredited school - but you CAN do clinicals....

hassaholic
12-07-2005, 08:59 AM

OLDPRO
12-07-2005, 09:19 AM
Try to look in the St. Chris forum.
Yes, school is WHO-listed. In Senegal and not the UK, tho. Status with UK GMC licensing authority is currently (temporarily) banned, but tons of posts other places on that.
And NO. You cannot study medicine in the US, except if you're enrolled in a US LCME-accredited school - but you CAN do clinicals....

This statement confuses me :confused:

Short: 3 semesters a year, 4 semesters in Luton UK then rest is 5th semester and clinicals in USA. (about 1.5yrs in Luton)

WHO yes you can check that out at the WHO site.

It is a Senegal School not a UK school, but UK location.

For the moment the school is under review by the GMC and grads cannot get Lic in the UK. (To date this has not affected the USA Lic is possible in about 40 to 44 states, please do a search here)

The school has some fully Lic Doctors in the USA and a few Hundred in Residency with more this July.

Bottom line read the posts here to know more about the school. 99% of the questions are already posted here and in the stickys.

Good luck.

Bhoot
12-10-2005, 02:55 PM
Much of the info is already posted here, but you can also check the WHO website online, contact FAIMER and ECFMG directly as I did, and gather information.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.