View Full Version : Question about getting a medical license in the US

12-05-2005, 10:58 PM
Hey guys, this is my first post so if I break any rules, I apologize. I'm looking to start at St. Chris in May 2006. I live in the U.S. currently, have been living here for over 6 years and got my undergraduate degree from here but I am a citizen of India.

I had a couple of questions - one about obtaining a license to practice medicine in the US after you graduate from St. Chris. On St. Chris's website, it mentions that graduates from the school can only practice in the US if they are US citizens. Then how is it possible for me to practice medicine here? I was under the impression that if you did 16 months of basic sciences in England, I could come back to the US on some kind of a student/exchange visa to finish my clinicals. After that I would be able to take the USMLE just like anyone else and proceed from there. Am I wrong about this? I'm planning to apply before the end of this month and any help would be greatly appreciated.

My second question was that if you can obtain a visa to come and finish your MD in the US, which teaching hospitals are affiliated with St. Chris that would give such a visa?

Thank you guys for your help.

12-05-2005, 11:34 PM
For Clinical Rotation See: http://www.valuemd.com/st-christophers-college-medicine/57049-clinical-rotation.html

12-06-2005, 04:53 AM
This is less a question about the school then about Citizenship, Students who do not have US citizenship would have to get a US visa to do clinicals there.
Then for residency you would need another kind of visa.

Good Luck

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.