PDA

View Full Version : Interview tomorrow?! :O Someone comfort me! :-[

smoohead
12-01-2005, 04:18 PM
So I called today to make sure everything was okay with my application and Roberta scheduled me an interview for TOMORROW!! :shock: I was thinking she would say Monday or something but apparently not :p ...

This gives me about 20 hours to prepare! *falls over*... I've been reading thru some old threads on here looking for potential questions...but I get so nervous on the phone with people I've never spoken to before. :oops: Especially someone that gets to decide how I spend the next 4 years of my life!! :mouthdro:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! The interview is with Mr. ***** *******.

Now I will go freak out until this is all over!!!!! *faints*

( Sorry, I am having too much fun with these smilies!!! )

OLDPRO
12-01-2005, 05:49 PM
So I called today to make sure everything was okay with my application and Roberta scheduled me an interview for TOMORROW!! :shock: I was thinking she would say Monday or something but apparently not :p ...

This gives me about 20 hours to prepare! *falls over*... I've been reading thru some old threads on here looking for potential questions...but I get so nervous on the phone with people I've never spoken to before. :oops: Especially someone that gets to decide how I spend the next 4 years of my life!! :mouthdro:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! The interview is with Mr. ****** *****.

Now I will go freak out until this is all over!!!!! *faints*

( Sorry, I am having too much fun with these smilies!!! )

First deep breaths, I know this person and you will be okay.
Think about why you want to be an MD, Why St. Chris, Positive things about yourself, what you do best and a weakness, it seems this gets asked time to time, Ask about the school, ask about the courses but also display knowledge about the school and courses. You'll be fine.

(Oh and do not post names in the future)

bts4202
12-01-2005, 06:41 PM
The interview should be very relaxed and non-threatening. I never understood schools that tried to trick you and make the interview stressful. Luckily, most residency interviews I have been to are not like that either. Good luck

smoohead
12-01-2005, 07:09 PM
Oops! Forgive me for name posting! I'm a newbie, won't do it again :oops:

Yeah my U.S. med school interviews were pretty tough, so I'm nervous about having to do it again.

But thanks for the advice you guys! :mrgreen:

More Info Req'd
12-02-2005, 10:32 AM
DON'T FREAK OUT!!! JUST BE YOURSELF AND BE HONEST. ONE THING I WOULD RECOMMEND IS TO LOOK OVER YOUR ACADEMIC CAREER CAREFULLY AND KNOW HOW TO JUSTIFY ANY INCONSISTENCIES. MAKE SURE YOU KNOW YOUR OWN RESUME INSIDE OUT AS I WAS UNDER CONSTANT PRESSURE FOR 55 MINUTES. I SWEAR THE INTERVIEWER KNEW ME BETTER THAN I KNEW MYSELF (OKAY I'M EXAGGERATING BUT IT SURE FELT THAT WAY.) OH YEAH, REVIEW YOUR ESSAYS FOR THE SCHOOL THEY MAY ASK YOU KEY QUESTIONS W/I YOUR CONVO ABOUT WHAT YOU WROTE...SO BE ALERT!

OTHER THAN THAT, REALLY JUST BE COMPLETELY HONEST....AND I'M SURE YOUR ACCEPTANCE LETTER WILL BE ON ITS WAY!

GOOD LUCK!
:-sunny

ssshshirin
12-02-2005, 02:56 PM
dont worry i just had mine and it was really relaxing.

see you in lufton

amyames
12-02-2005, 08:17 PM
here's hoping your interview went well. let us know how it went.

smoohead
12-02-2005, 11:14 PM
I was ready to fall over. I had all these questions prepared and all thought out. But it turned out it only lasted about 20 minutes and he didn't ask me half the stuff I had down. This worried me :neutral:

But he did say that he felt comfortable about my application and that he would stand in front of the committee and support me. So then at around 4:50 (interview was at 1), I got a call back saying I had been accepted! *shock*

But now I'm happy and looking to get to know some of you guys so I won't be lonely when I come over next month! :cool:

Y1115
12-06-2005, 10:28 AM
hey guys. my interview is in less than two hours. i read all the posts so at least now i know what i should know. and congrats smoohead!

smoohead
12-07-2005, 12:14 AM
Hope it went well! :)

Y1115
12-07-2005, 12:25 PM
it went well. it was very short actually because the guy wasn't feeling too well which was good for me. he talked more and asked less questions. he talked about target and kohls and bed linens? weird. anywayz i got in. see u all in january.

TAFKA
12-23-2005, 11:46 AM
edited to remove text

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.