PDA

View Full Version : Need Help.... AUA or St. Christopher

desai29
11-30-2005, 08:12 PM
Which school is better: St. Christopher's College of Medicine or American University of Antigua (AUA)? WHY

MDXRS22
11-30-2005, 08:16 PM
I can't tell you which one is better, but I am on my way to AUA.
Feel free to join me for the ride if you want:) Amen

hectorTR
11-30-2005, 08:31 PM
i would choose some schools that have better track records

OLDPRO
12-01-2005, 03:32 AM
Which school is better: St. Christopher's College of Medicine or American University of Antigua (AUA)? WHY Make a list and check it twice!;)

Good and bad about the schools on the list and the the one that wins is the one to go to.

Good luck.

tanisha
12-01-2005, 11:06 AM
do like whuds and transfer. i keep bringing up the name because he is to quick to jump up and defend the school, and in the end is transferring. that alone should shout a message to you loud and clear. do like him and get out while you still can. go to AUA.

MDXRS22
12-01-2005, 11:19 AM
do like whuds and transfer. i keep bringing up the name because he is to quick to jump up and defend the school, and in the end is transferring. that alone should shout a message to you loud and clear. do like him and get out while you still can. go to AUA.

Yeah!! GO AUA

blythplace
12-01-2005, 01:52 PM
So he should transfer from college to another med school? He's not IN a medical school to transfer out of. Do you read posts before you jump on the "transfer" idea?
Whuds is first semester- you'd have more of a point if he was say a 4th semester or even 3rd semester that was transferring out. For all you know he could have any number of reasons to transfer out. I'm a 4th sem. and we haven't lost a student yet from the gmc investigation.You have yet to answer to any of my posts to you on VMD. And mainly it's because you know i'm on point. So graduate- spend your time, do your research then go somewhere else- forget st. chris its not for you. Stop sweating a school that you've never even heard of before.

amyames
12-01-2005, 02:30 PM
So he should transfer from college to another med school? He's not IN a medical school to transfer out of. Do you read posts before you jump on the "transfer" idea?
Whuds is first semester- you'd have more of a point if he was say a 4th semester or even 3rd semester that was transferring out. For all you know he could have any number of reasons to transfer out. I'm a 4th sem. and we haven't lost a student yet from the gmc investigation.You have yet to answer to any of my posts to you on VMD. And mainly it's because you know i'm on point. So graduate- spend your time, do your research then go somewhere else- forget st. chris its not for you. Stop sweating a school that you've never even heard of before.

even though Whuds is in 1st semester and in the premed program, he still transfering. So, tanisha is right in that respect. However, she can't assume the reasons he is transfering have anything to do with GMC, ect. And she shouldn't base one student's transfer on the reason that no one else should go to the school, for everyone has different reasons....just like you said.

IMO, it would be a waste for 4th term students to transfer out at this point in their career b/c you've already spent all that time in medical school, and furthermore, some offshore schools don't take St. Chris credits b/c St. Chris isn't Cali approved. Thus, I don't think people aren't transfering because they are oh so certain that the GMC investigations will fall in St. Chris favor, but because they really have no choice. Therefore, everyone also has different reasons for staying, not just because of GMC things.

anyway, I wish the school luck with the GMC investigations.....if the school passes this hurdle then only good things to come.

OLDPRO
12-01-2005, 05:57 PM

Tanisha I spent a whole YEAR at St. Chris you haven't spent 60 seconds there so your opinion cannot compare to mine. I also want The truth about St. Chris posted here. I have researched the school for 2 years now and talked to dozens of previous and current students and spent over $55,000+ going to school at St. Chris, AMSA officer and have done a lot of things for my fellow students, what have you done but post?

Sorry I have every right to have an informed opinion. What does it matter if I'm transferring? It has nothing to do with the GMC or you or anything like that, I posted my reasons many time to you and you keep asking. Please do not keep asking.

bye.

bts4202
12-01-2005, 06:39 PM
I prefer st chris over AUA

nchi
12-01-2005, 06:39 PM
can we practice in FL?

bts4202
12-01-2005, 06:44 PM
can we practice in FL?

There is currently a graduate in an anesthesiology residency in florida. We have had no one apply for permenent licnesure yet, but I have not seen anything in the laws that would prevent our grads from working there. Feel free to call the fl state board and ask, although they may not be able to give you a direct answer until someone from our school applies.

blythplace
12-01-2005, 08:08 PM
I've heard of st chris students transferring to St. Matthew's without any problems. If ppl wanted to leave they would.

even though Whuds is in 1st semester and in the premed program, he still transfering. So, tanisha is right in that respect. However, she can't assume the reasons he is transfering have anything to do with GMC, ect. And she shouldn't base one student's transfer on the reason that no one else should go to the school, for everyone has different reasons....just like you said.

IMO, it would be a waste for 4th term students to transfer out at this point in their career b/c you've already spent all that time in medical school, and furthermore, some offshore schools don't take St. Chris credits b/c St. Chris isn't Cali approved. Thus, I don't think people aren't transfering because they are oh so certain that the GMC investigations will fall in St. Chris favor, but because they really have no choice. Therefore, everyone also has different reasons for staying, not just because of GMC things.

anyway, I wish the school luck with the GMC investigations.....if the school passes this hurdle then only good things to come.

mo5225md
12-02-2005, 12:04 AM
i didnt hear of the transfers...an not easily. Regardless, i personally would do my research and look into the school taht i would want to go to. Im personally going to SMU...but of the two SC and AUA...i would probably choose AUA. the dean has a better track record. But this is not to say that St. Chris might not be a great school 5-10 yrs down the road...but currently standing, AUA might be in a better position

amyames
12-02-2005, 08:16 PM
I've heard of st chris students transferring to St. Matthew's without any problems. If ppl wanted to leave they would.

I said transfering to Cali approved schools is hard. St. Matthew's is not Cali approved, so that's why the student probably had an easier time. When I asked the other carib schools if I could transfer into them after going to St. Chris for a semester (ie AUC, and Saba) they said I could not.

but you are right...I guess if people really wanted to leave, they would endure the hassle and just do it. it's a big hassle, but if you want something badly enough, you can get it.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.