PDA

View Full Version : Transferring Info. & Accreditation Prob.

Sumier_Q786
11-30-2005, 02:39 PM
Hey, i jus registerd to this forum and i was wondering, if you are a resident in U.S and you want to transfer from a College here to St.Chris what are the requirements? I jus barley started college here an this is my first semester, but the 6yr MD programme really got my attention, it sounds like its too good to be true, is there a catch?

I also heard some accreditation problem about this college from some website, and its been bugging me, can yall check this out?
http://www.medschoolguide.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=12355
and this one
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4410020.stm

So it would really help if i cant get some info from you guys about transferring and what those 2 internet links are talking about, Thanks.

Skipper
11-30-2005, 02:44 PM
yea the catch you will be a foregin medical grad--and limited states you can practice in---

so why risk it--complete college and give yourself a shot at a US school

skipper

OLDPRO
11-30-2005, 05:23 PM
Hey, i jus registerd to this forum and i was wondering, if you are a resident in U.S and you want to transfer from a College here to St.Chris what are the requirements? I jus barley started college here an this is my first semester, but the 6yr MD programme really got my attention, it sounds like its too good to be true, is there a catch?

I also heard some accreditation problem about this college from some website, and its been bugging me, can yall check this out?
http://www.medschoolguide.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=12355
and this one
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4410020.stm

So it would really help if i cant get some info from you guys about transferring and what those 2 internet links are talking about, Thanks.

You would be much better off finishing undergrad, take the MCAT and see what you can do.

If not the 6yr program is challanging at St. Chris and as far as I know the credits cannot be transferred back to the states, they are only good at St. Chris towards an MD there at St. Chris.

I think this is true for all the 6yr programs.

As far as the stories, Yes the GMC is investigating ALL non British schools here and Senegal has visted he school and GMC and all needed documentation has been given to the GMC, the school has no idea which day the GMC will change the web site but they hope it will be soon.

Please consider finishing your undergrad.
Good Luck.

tanisha
12-01-2005, 11:23 AM
[quote=whuds]You would be much better off finishing undergrad, take the MCAT and see what you can do.

If not the 6yr program is challanging at St. Chris and as far as I know the credits cannot be transferred back to the states, they are only good at St. Chris towards an MD there at St. Chris.

As far as the stories, Yes the GMC is investigating ALL non British schools here and Senegal has visted he school and GMC and all needed documentation has been given to the GMC, the school has no idea which day the GMC will change the web site but they hope it will be soon.

excuse me whuds, you are mistaken. you said the "credits cannot be transfered back to the states, they are only good at st. chris" that's false. They are some schools here back in the US here that will accept transfer students from foreign schools so as long that they are US citizens, they only do it for US citizens, if you go to the respective schools websites you will see where that is clearly stated, if you still have your doubts, then you can call the school and speak with someone in the admissions office and they will tell you the same thing, as long as you are US citizen, and have competitive GPA and USLME scores, then it will not be a problem. Most schools will accept you with these credentials after you have finished your second year, however, they are a small few who will accept you after sucessfully completing your first year which at that point you have to have at least a 3.8-4.0 GPA. I have done this research myself, when I realized the trouble st. chris was in.

Manny22
12-01-2005, 11:28 AM
wow, im actually impressed with the caibler (or is it spelled calibre, w/e) of post above.

amyames
12-01-2005, 02:36 PM
[quote=whuds]You would be much better off finishing undergrad, take the MCAT and see what you can do.

excuse me whuds, you are mistaken. you said the "credits cannot be transfered back to the states, they are only good at st. chris" that's false. They are some schools here back in the US here that will accept transfer students from foreign schools so as long that they are US citizens, they only do it for US citizens, if you go to the respective schools websites you will see where that is clearly stated, if you still have your doubts, then you can call the school and speak with someone in the admissions office and they will tell you the same thing, as long as you are US citizen, and have competitive GPA and USLME scores, then it will not be a problem. Most schools will accept you with these credentials after you have finished your second year, however, they are a small few who will accept you after sucessfully completing your first year which at that point you have to have at least a 3.8-4.0 GPA. I have done this research myself, when I realized the trouble st. chris was in.

I think what he meant was that pre-medical credits could not be transfered back to the states. The original poster wanted to enter St. Chris for the 6 year program, and not the 4 year program. Then again, maybe pre-medical credits can transfer, but I highly doubt that.

and yes, medical school credits can transfer, so you are right about that. you are also right that it is rare, and you've got to have good GPA and MCAT scores. You know, good to see you've done your research for once because you actually sound intelligent in the last post.

CorporateRaider
12-01-2005, 02:55 PM
If you want to transfer to St. Chris, why not contact them DIRECTLY?

YOU SAID: [Sumier_Q786]...SNIPPET..........and i was wondering, if you are a resident in U.S and you want to transfer from a College here to St.Chris what are the requirements?

YOU SAID: I also heard some accreditation problem about this college from some website, and its been bugging me, can yall check this out?

Check it out with whom?
You have heard of the problem, yet the program caught your attention ---- and you probably think the entire deal is "to good to be true"?

OLDPRO
12-01-2005, 03:33 PM

Tanisha You are 1000% mistaken,
I was talking about The 6yr program and how in the heck would you know more than me since you claim only to have applied? I think there is some funny business here.

People have transferred from the 4yr MD program to other schools in the US I know them. So please don't tell me what I know thank You.

tanisha
12-01-2005, 05:23 PM
whuds you said the credits are good for st. chris and st chris only. did you not say that!?!?!?!? if you were talking about the 6 year program then you should have specified. second of all, i applied to st. chris i never had intention to finish there so i began early to contact other med schools to see if they accept transfer students from outside US schools which they do but only for US citizens. I am 1000% right.

teratos
12-01-2005, 05:38 PM
There is much more to having your credits transfer than just being a US citizen. Many won't take anything unless it is from an LCME accredited school. If SGU won't take SC credits, why would any school in the US?

OLDPRO
12-01-2005, 05:41 PM
whuds you said the credits are good for st. chris and st chris only. did you not say that!?!?!?!? if you were talking about the 6 year program then you should have specified. second of all, i applied to st. chris i never had intention to finish there so i began early to contact other med schools to see if they accept transfer students from outside US schools which they do but only for US citizens. I am 1000% right.

Tanisha I don't know why you want to pick on me so much, it's hard to deal with you.

I said:

I was clear you missunderstood me plain and simple. I said the 6yr program as above not the 4yr program, I'm right on this point so lets just leave it at that.

OLDPRO
12-01-2005, 05:43 PM
There is much more to having your credits transfer than just being a US citizen. Many won't take anything unless it is from an LCME accredited school. If SGU won't take SC credits, why would any school in the US? Well I know of 4 that have transferred after step one to MD degree and DO schools in the US.

bts4202
12-01-2005, 06:38 PM
There is much more to having your credits transfer than just being a US citizen. Many won't take anything unless it is from an LCME accredited school. If SGU won't take SC credits, why would any school in the US?

I know 2 people who transfered out of st chris into 3rd year at different US medical schools (both allo, not DO). Their credits transfered and they got full credit for their basic sciences.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.