PDA

View Full Version : Vanishing internal letter post

Smythe
11-08-2005, 08:59 AM
Hey what happened to the post earlier which was a letter from St Chris administration about how the GMC crisis was going to be straightened out on 11/7.

here one minute gone with the wind the next

why remove it?

OLDPRO
11-08-2005, 09:04 AM
It was cut and paste from a priviate forum not ment to be public as the post stated. The school forum has not given permission to release the letter so It had to come down. If the poster can supply infromation that the letter is public then It can go back up. This is true for any letters from any school.
It's in the TOS

Smythe
11-08-2005, 09:07 AM
so if somebody saved it on their hard drive and already PM'd the file to the entire forum, that would be bad?

OLDPRO
11-08-2005, 09:19 AM
Yes until this is proved to be public.

StChrisCS
11-08-2005, 10:58 AM
so if somebody saved it on their hard drive and already PM'd the file to the entire forum, that would be bad? The owner of that site has made it very clear that all information on that site is confidential and copyrighted.

If it was reposted anywhere else besides that site, not only is it a copyright violation, but it's a breach of contract. That's three crimes, since a copyright violation could be tried in a criminal as well as a civil court, and breach of contract is a civil offense. If it could be demonstrated that the person registered at this site with the express intent of breaching the contract of admission, that would be misrepresentation with the intent to commit fraud, which is a criminal offense and also a civil offense. So you could bring the number of charges against you to a total of 5!

Furthermore, servers that exist within the borders of the US and its territories are subject to its civil and criminal laws, so any place you post it and/or any individuals equipment you use (computer, internet connection, etc...) could be listed as a co-defendant for copyright violation and/or fraud regarding the commission of the crime(s), along with the individual that distributes the information if they didn’t remove it or stop them. I doubt anyone wants any part of this, including VMD. I will personally help expedite the papers that will land you in front of a judge if you choose to ignore good advice (I have more than a few law classes under my belt http://www.stchrisunion.org/forums/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif )

Please think about all of this before you do anything with regard to the subject at hand. Enjoy!

maximillian genossa
11-08-2005, 11:02 AM
I dunno , but any internal communications from a school posted in a public forum is questionable. Not to mention potential ethic and copyright issues.

maximillian genossa
11-08-2005, 11:04 AM
From a strictly legal view, you are correct.

Yes, since the owner of that site has made it very clear that all information on that site is confidential and copyrighted.

If it was reposted here, not only is it a copyright violation, but it's a breach of contract. That's three crimes right there, since a copyright violation could be tried in a criminal as well as a civil court, and breach of contract is a civil offense. If it could be demonstrated that the person registered at the site with the express intent of breaching the contract, that would be misrepresentation with the intent to commit fraud, which is a criminal offense.

Furthermore, to the best of my knowledge, the VMD servers exist within the borders of the US and its territories, and as such are subject to its civil and criminal laws, so they could be listed as a defendant for copyright violation along with the individual that posted the information or used there PM system to distribute it, if they didnít remove it or stop them. I don't think ValueMD would want to be involved in any of this in any capacity.

maximillian genossa
11-08-2005, 11:08 AM
Dude, if the information was classified as confidential, private and copyrighted, yes it is very bad and unethical to post it. ValueMD becomes potentially liable if it allows this.

so if somebody saved it on their hard drive and already PM'd the file to the entire forum, that would be bad?

empathy
11-08-2005, 11:47 AM
It's always a good idea to cut and paste the info rather than include a link. I've noticed that if you post something from a solid source that is damaging they mess up your link, redirect your thread or lock the forum. Then, you get one of those emails from the moderators saying you don't understand Valuemd's rules. I think it is only in the St. Chris forum that you find these kinds of problems. Send an email to N. and he'll be happy to help. He is an honest person. If, however this is an internal document I'd simply turn it over to the proper authorities. The Attorney General of Oregon is where I'd send it.

Hey what happened to the post earlier which was a letter from St Chris administration about how the GMC crisis was going to be straightened out on 11/7.

why remove it?

StChrisCS
11-08-2005, 12:02 PM
It's always a good idea to cut and paste the info rather than include a link. I've noticed that if you post something from a solid source that is damaging they mess up your link, redirect your thread or lock the forum. Then, you get one of those emails from the moderators saying you don't understand Valuemd's rules. I think it is only in the St. Chris forum that you find these kinds of problems. Send an email to N. and he'll be happy to help. He is an honest person. If, however this is an internal document I'd simply turn it over to the proper authorities. The Attorney General of Oregon is where I'd send it. This is all good advice, if you want to end up with several court dates.

Please read my post above for more info. about the various crimes that you could be charged with if you did that.

AUCMD2006
11-08-2005, 12:14 PM
communication issues are gray area...you can receive communications (i.e. via radio scanner) if it is sensitive or private info you can not repeat it or talk about it but you can read and listen in all you want.... that is how it was in the late 90's dun't know if law has changed.....

StChrisCS
11-08-2005, 12:16 PM
communication issues are gray area...you can receive communications (i.e. via radio scanner) if it is sensitive or private info you can not repeat it or talk about it but you can read and listen in all you want.... that is how it was in the late 90's dun't know if law has changed..... The laws have changed quite a bit since 9/11 regarding privileged communications.

Unless you are the Gov. it is looked upon quite poorly…

AUCMD2006
11-08-2005, 10:02 PM
you have been measured you have been weighed and your knowledge of the law has been found lacking...sorry just caught part of knights tale...

how did it change. i thought it was just additional power for govt to listen in...didn't say anything about changing old laws....as far as i know you are still allowed to listen in anyones conversation electronic or otherwise as long as you don't disclose it to anyone.... has that changed?

Bhoot
11-09-2005, 10:05 AM
I'm sure Empathy is too much of an "internet pioneer" to do something patently illegal. Right?

LJG
11-10-2005, 08:09 PM

why remove it?

What a Bozo:lol:

Smythe
11-10-2005, 09:58 PM
What a Bozo:lol:

flamming is bad form

flaming will get you excised like an angry mole from my bum

stephew
11-10-2005, 10:00 PM
yes it will. so dont do it.

FrenchFrie
11-11-2005, 06:24 AM
i didnt see it someone send to me or link it up via PM gracias mucho

OLDPRO
11-11-2005, 07:48 AM
i didnt see it someone send to me or link it up via PM gracias mucho

It can be reposted if some one has a copy that was emailed by the school to them, otherwise the copy posted was from the Union and no permission was given to copy and repost here. Rules are rules and infromation must have permission to be publicaly posted from the St. Chris Union. This is a well known policy.

drzed
11-12-2005, 12:16 AM
It can be reposted if some one has a copy that was emailed by the school to them, otherwise the copy posted was from the Union and no permission was given to copy and repost here. Rules are rules and infromation must have permission to be publicaly posted from the St. Chris Union. This is a well known policy.

No it can't:

"PRIVILEGED & CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION:

The information contained in this message and its attachments is privileged
and confidential. It is intended only to be read by the individual or entity
named above or their designee. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, you are on notice that any distribution of this message,
in any form, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please immediately notify the sender and delete or destroy any copy
of this message."

FrenchFrie
11-12-2005, 04:35 AM
:catfight:

OLDPRO
11-12-2005, 04:44 AM
:catfight:

:cencsore: :offtopic:

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.