PDA

View Full Version : how to dress the pt if u don't know marital status

Unregistered
11-03-2005, 04:23 PM
For example doorway info says,

Sharon Smith 47 years old has abdominal pain

now i understand that we have to adress the last name but do i call her Miss Smith or assume she is married and say Mrs Smith.

Apparently Miss Smith sounds appropriate if u don't know.Hey please write ur opinion.

swimguy23
11-03-2005, 04:40 PM

now i understand that we have to adress the last name but do i call her Miss Smith or assume she is married and say Mrs Smith.

Apparently Miss Smith sounds appropriate if u don't know.Hey please write ur opinion.

technically Ms smith is the most appropriate as Ms can refer to miss or misses

julestx
11-04-2005, 04:04 AM
I wanted so badly to remark on the title of this post, but I refrained with effort...hehe.

pbm1980
12-11-2005, 02:34 PM
You have to address patient by her last name and if a lady then better to say miss if you do not know any thing else.

stephew
12-11-2005, 05:26 PM

Apparently Miss Smith sounds appropriate if u don't know.Hey please write ur opinion."Ms" is always appropriate. And you should never be dressing the patient as the doctor.

stephew
12-11-2005, 05:27 PM
You have to address patient by her last name and if a lady then better to say miss if you do not know any thing else. no its not. "Ms".

teratos
12-11-2005, 06:37 PM
I wanted so badly to remark on the title of this post, but I refrained with effort...hehe.

You can undress married and unmarried women the same way. If you are dressing a married woman, make sure she doesn't look disheveled, in case her husband comes home....

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.