PDA

View Full Version : I got my results

abc.
10-30-2005, 10:43 PM
I got my my results I failed with 67. For this exam I dedicated 5 months and I lived in the world of step 3 for these months. I read cmdt, washington for medicine, I read blue prints for peds,obg and psychiatry and I read part of crush. I did kaplan 2 times, part of q book and I tested extensevely the last 15 days by taking test everyday for 1200 qs of usmleworld and I scored 58% for 1200 qs.This exam is very important to me to finish my residency to take my boards or look for fellowship. I was very confident before taking exam i am going to pass this exam. On first day I was nervous for first block, probably thinking back I feel I was not sure how I did my first block I left 5 qs in first block, in total I might have left 15 qs for entire exam, I mean I put ans "**" for all 15 qs, I could mot answer them after analysing the qs. In my report I did not score anything in the behavioral/ emotional but when I did my test in q book I scored 75% and in usmleworld 50% but none of the you get in the exam but atleast I could have got the concept from doing qs, but I don't know why did not score.I did usmleworld cases, my case of tca did not improove but I did all the steps of toxicicty management, patient with post operative renal failure , it was probabaly atn/rhabdo but I managed everything but I didnot advance clock for 2 or 3 days, I don't know that will be the reason why my patient did not improove? I had another case of fever ina baby did not impproove but when I discussed all those cases in this site and as well as with internal medicine friend said I did all right steps in the management.I am kind of depressed becuase everybody in my department knows I prepared very hard for this exam and I am kind ashamed to admitt my results.I need help some help to prepare for this exam. I know some people in this site give very good advices. I don't have any vacation to take kaplan courses, would that help? I took it for my other steps, I thought this is all self reading. Please some body tell me,how many qs made difference in getting passing score from 67%.What should I really do to regain confidence, think positive and finish this exam.

Unregistered
11-05-2005, 05:18 PM
DO NOT GIVE UP!. after getting a 70 with two months studying the materials
I took some time off(3 weeks) and began again, took 4 weeks only studying the USmle world on tutor mode, question by question, office first( you will have 5 office blocks in the real test) and reading all the options.
you have plenty of time to focus only in this material. Then 4 days doing cases, but read the material of the cases because you will master a lot of questions with this. Well I went to 80 in 4 weeks. If you disperse your efforts will become frustrated.
You can do it in the two months, good luck!

p_in_da_wind
11-05-2005, 05:29 PM
where did you go to school at.. If you dont mind me asking?

Unregistered
11-05-2005, 05:41 PM
Dominican Republic

salmanak
11-13-2005, 06:46 PM
I read your message and would like to drop few words that please don't loose your hope and keep trying. As far as Kaplan course is concerned, I think it helps but you have already read quite few books, just keep revising and concentrate more on MCQ's where sourse you get the MCQ's from. Again DON'T GIVE UP.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.