PDA

View Full Version : Ck/cs

guest011
10-30-2005, 06:38 PM
Do i need to have taken and gotten the results back before the feb. deadline for the match or just the CK ..how important is it to have the CS when the match is for 2007

neilc
10-30-2005, 07:04 PM
Do i need to have taken and gotten the results back before the feb. deadline for the match or just the CK ..how important is it to have the CS when the match is for 2007

as an IMG you must have all the exams passed and your status verified via ECFMG by rank order deadline (ie mid feb.) or you will be withdrawn from the match.

it is far, far better to have taken all the exams well before then, to eliminate the risk of paying for ERAS and NRMP as well as interviews only to get kicked out for a failing score and left to scramble. i waited to do CS until about 2 weeks ago, and am still kicking myself for it. take all your exams by july/august prior to your match year to be in the best position. programs will love it, and you won't get the boot at the last minute.

guest011
10-30-2005, 07:10 PM
do you know if you have to have finished all your core rotations by around dec of 2006 and have electives done by the time of the match 2007? I probably wont finish my cores until september and so i am guessing that i need to already start applying to programs and then worry later about finishing my electives?

neilc
10-30-2005, 08:31 PM
as far as classes, it doesn't really matter in terms of the match. you do want your cores done, and prob electives in your specialty so you can have grades on your transcripts and LOR's for your application. but, in terms of NRMP you don't need squat in terms of school, except to graduate in time to get your ECFMG certificate by your residency start date.

cinemass
10-30-2005, 09:40 PM
as an IMG you must have all the exams passed and your status verified via ECFMG by rank order deadline (ie mid feb.) or you will be withdrawn from the match.

it is far, far better to have taken all the exams well before then, to eliminate the risk of paying for ERAS and NRMP as well as interviews only to get kicked out for a failing score and left to scramble. i waited to do CS until about 2 weeks ago, and am still kicking myself for it. take all your exams by july/august prior to your match year to be in the best position. programs will love it, and you won't get the boot at the last minute.

Hi

I had a very easy question, and I did ask you about 3 weeks ago, and you never repleid to me. It was just asking you about this school that you finished your basic science in Prague , would you tell me how and where is information about them, and how did you get in that medical school in Prague. would you mind if you give some information about this school. If it is in English, and can we get financial Aid or not, and the route to do to reach them.I really need that information,a nd like to know about this school. Please if even you do not want to give detail information, just let me know that you got my e-mail, but you prefer not to respond, that really is o,kay too.

cinemass my e-mail [email protected] or you can just reply me through this forum!

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.