PDA

View Full Version : Help on Interview!!!

More Info Req'd
10-25-2005, 09:22 PM
:confused: Hey Everyone,
My interview is in 24hours :| , could someone give me some ideas or questions to think about. I have tried finding info on the schools website in regards to what type of research the school is involved in etc. and have had no luck! I'm really nervous. I have had other Med School interviews where they have posed questions on distinguishing btw different theories of different pyschologists etc... I have no idea which way this is going to go but I would really appreciate the feedback and suggestions as I would like to have some things to think about that will make it a success!

Thanks in advance!:confused:

Vinodc
10-25-2005, 10:06 PM
hey, I just had mine on monday. The particular doctor I had, seemed to be very thorough, he asked me a lot about my research, my commitment to being a doctor, why I wanted to be a doctor. He really kept pushing to see how motivated i was. He asked me why I chose the people for my letter of recs. He also asked me what i learned in a one of my science classes. Contrary to what others had, he was very very thorough with me, asked me about 55mins of straight questions. He asked me about my research in undergrad, my activities, etc. But mostly just be honest, and tell how determined you are to being a doctor, knowing thats its a tough road ahead. Hope this helps

More Info Req'd
10-26-2005, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the advice!
Well I had my interview today and the doctor who interviewed me was also very thorough. Just like you I had a full 50min of interview time and i was just grilled on just about everything from academic history, to the intensity of this medical program and how will i adapt to my letters of reference. I must admit I was nervous (an understatement!) but overall I think the docor really wanted to know if I was well aware of the foreign medical program and the rigorous course load. The doctor asked me many questions regarding the school, the curriculum, and my academic background. Like you said, just be honest!! The doctor completely understands that your gpa is not the only determinant of what makes a good physician etc.. Overall, he was a very knowledgeable, thorough, and experienced interviewer with ties to other universities. If I get in after this hard interview i'll be floored!!!

:roll:

amyames
10-26-2005, 07:12 PM
dang, the interview experiences listed were so different from mine. I just can't believe it. One of the reasons I was intially turned off by st. chris was the fact that my interview seemed to be an ad for the school and not a real interview! well, good for them in making it harder though I had my interview only in Sept so just wow.

when you mean doctor did the clinical director interview you????

sc hopeful
10-27-2005, 12:20 AM
hi,

i had my interview too and i'm so nervous! the prof wanted to know intimate details about my undergrad classes and my research. i did neuroscience research and felt like he knew more about what i worked on than i do! did you guys interview on campus or by phone? i visited and did my interview in person and i think i was even more intimidated by the classes i sat in on than by the interview. i also visited some other schools i was accepted at (on littler islands than england!) and this one is really 'down to business' compared with the others. one thing to anyone with an interview coming up: be prepared to talk expertly about anything in your past academic record or your letters of rec. and don't take the interview lightly even though the old posts on this bulletin board say it's relaxed because it's obviously different now than it was. good luck everyone.

A_funsho
10-27-2005, 12:11 PM
it's amazing, how you guys are being grilled and diced in your interview. Honestly, i did not answer a single question for about an hour. I only got words in like 'yes, ok, i understand'. Out of the one hour, i only spoke for about 3minutes in total.

I even turned the TV towards the end because i knew i wasn't going to answer any question. But the interviewer was very passionate and proud about the school. I received my acceptance letter 2hrs after my interview. It seems they already made up their mind about me before the interview. Maybe they just wanted to hear my voice.

good luck to allthe interviewees.

More Info Req'd
10-27-2005, 06:00 PM
When I was referring to the doctor I was not referring to the Dean of Clinical Sciences. I was interviewed by an Associate Professor (who I will not name) that teaches at both campuses. He has alot of experience working and helping another well known Carribbean Med School that just received California recognition (hint!!). Anyways, judging from past comments and the recent ones on the interview experience - what a huge diff!! I was grilled on all nitty gritty details of my academic background and had to justify any slip-ups or mistakes made. I literally had a headache when I put the phone down...it was the most positive moment of the interview. Like the comment made above - yeah he totally knew my background better than i did!
When I put the phone down I had no idea whether I was going to get accepted...it felt more negative than positive. He did not let on once what he thought of me, nor did he praise me for anything I have accomplished etc. But I DID GET IN!! I found out a couple hours after as well....SO I'LL SEE YA IN JAN!

Does anyone have any advice on housing? I am a 25yr old Female from Vancouver, BC Canada and don't have any specifics as to who I wanna room with. I would appreciate any feedback on travel, housing, and necessities I should take!

:flag:

amyames
10-27-2005, 10:58 PM
I see. I had the clincal director interview me, and thus my interview was quite different. Though if a professor who interviewed you worked at a carib school I can see why he asked you all those questions. What do you mean he is working at both campuses? that part confused me.

if you search posts on here, many say the CRS which the school uses isn't the best housing because they rip students off many times. everyone suggests getting here early and finding housing through the letting agents listed in the sticky, but beware the holiday season..some may not be open at certain times. I would say call the letting agents to tell them you are interested and then go see them when you arrive in Luton. also, check the ad sticky. a girl from maryland had a house she needed to rent with some more girls, so check with her. and ask the students...some housing may be passed down between friends and family and they might be looking for a roomie, so I'd join the underground and post a roomie ad there.

tequilamockingbird11
10-28-2005, 12:15 PM
yo, like now I'm really worried about getting an interview. I thought this was easy breezy and now y'all have to really answer questions. whats that? aight well harder interview means I just tell my friends I go to a legit overseas school that had a hella killer interview so take that!

could like someone pm me the name of the guy that interviewed y'all so I can prepare and stuff?

ansgenius
10-29-2005, 08:24 AM
yo, like now I'm really worried about getting an interview. I thought this was easy breezy and now y'all have to really answer questions. whats that? aight well harder interview means I just tell my friends I go to a legit overseas school that had a hella killer interview so take that!

could like someone pm me the name of the guy that interviewed y'all so I can prepare and stuff?

Just some advice, please do not speak like this during your interview.

amyames
10-29-2005, 12:51 PM
Just some advice, please do not speak like this during your interview.

ha ha ha I don't know. If she did, it would make for one interesting interview, and give the valuemd folks a good laugh. oops, was that mean? Regardless, at least this person is asking questions. that's gotta count for something.

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.