PDA

View Full Version : general questions and clinical sites

trueskeptic
10-17-2005, 11:08 AM
Hello All

I have been watching this forum for a long time now and i wanted some info. I am looking to transfer into the school.

The loan is a big issue. I can not get teri and i don't care much for the loan to learn which i think is a real bad choice due to the interest and payment during the semester. Any other methods of obtaining money to pay for schoo..

The 2nd question if i transfer for may 2006, i would be 4th semester at St Chris and would only have to remain in england for 1 semester since i have heard that 5th semester is optional in Ohio. Is that true the 5th semester option? Is it difficult to tranfer in for 4th semester, i would only be short 3 classes.

The last question is for clinicals, what are your clinal sites. I have heard it is really hard to get clinical rotations in england b/c there is no room for foreign students is that true? What places can the students do clincals in the USA, what places can the students do clinicals in UK, and other countries do you guys have clinical sites? This is very important to me b/c well the school i am now really doesn't have any clinical sites.

Thank you to all that view and respond to my inquiry..

If any student can also give me some personal info about the school it would be great, how do they like it, how are the classes, the level of education ect.. I am indian ( like the vast majority of med students) and i really like to get in touch with other indians only because it would at least be helpful to have someone that has the same cultural restrictions. Thank you again..

OLDPRO
10-17-2005, 12:14 PM
There are only 2 loans Teri and Loan to Learn.

Yes you would go to Ohio for 5th if a US citizen, 5th in the UK is only upon request and for UK students.

Sorry about the loans but that is it.

Search the forum here for clinical sites, basicaly MD, Ill, La, Ohio and a few others I think.

Good Luck.

Yvonne
10-22-2005, 09:06 AM
is it really difficult to get a clinical site in the Uk for foreign students?
i wanna transfer to the last sem of Basic sciences n then move into the clinicals...as m already doin my Int Med rotations in the skul i'm presently in...:confused:

TAFKA
10-22-2005, 12:18 PM
edited to remove text

trueskeptic
10-24-2005, 11:36 AM
I have heard that recently it is extremely difficult to get clinical placement in the UK due to over abundance of actual UK students filling those spots. It was something that affected all foreign students b/c there are lack of clinical spots if someone wanted to practice there.. please correct me if i am wrong, i would like to practice in england.

Also is it any way possible for me to get the names of hospitals that st chris has for UK clinicals or at least an idea of how many sites and spots, you can PM me if it is to confidential for the forum.. thank you

bts4202
10-24-2005, 05:43 PM
I have heard that recently it is extremely difficult to get clinical placement in the UK due to over abundance of actual UK students filling those spots. It was something that affected all foreign students b/c there are lack of clinical spots if someone wanted to practice there.. please correct me if i am wrong, i would like to practice in england.

Also is it any way possible for me to get the names of hospitals that st chris has for UK clinicals or at least an idea of how many sites and spots, you can PM me if it is to confidential for the forum.. thank you

You will need to contact the school directly to get info on specific hospitals in the UK.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.